Cheap Bi-Xenon Hid Projector Idea that just might do the Trick ($100)....

gksingh

Established Member
K to first start off, in no way Im I dis-encouraging anyone from buying any other type of set-up that may be sold on this board. People have worked really hard on the set-ups they have made, and which are probably light years ahead of the set-up and the idea I came Across and am about to present. But the reason I made this thread is to give ppl an idea on what they can do if they have a certain budget in mind...

Personally I used this with my old notch and I know im an idiot for not taking pics but it worked out pretty Good. I painted the Bezel Black and I didnt used the angel eyes as it would have riced the living shit out of my Notch

I came across this particular one on ebay and did some further research on it, and it seems like a pretty kick-ass idea if you are on a budget but are wanting Hids with some sort of Cut-off.... (And in no way am I comparing these to say "TSX" Projectors)

Bonus is, its a Bi-Xenon

This is the Kit you can buy which comes with everything you need. The cool thing is its not really an all out retrofit. All you do is unseal and open up the lights, mount the projector and then screw the reverse nut that comes with it on the back. Then just reseal the lights back up. I tried to look for a mustang write-up with this set-up but couldnt come across anything but I found some other threads that might give you guy you guys any idea...

Kit...(Comes with HID Kit as Well)
Bi Xenon Projector Len HID Kit Angel Eye Universal Fit - eBay (item 200566974091 end time Jan-25-11 19:00:19 PST)

With various Cars....

This one thread is Kick-ass, It was installed in an Element and it'll show you how easy it really is...
[ame="http://www.hondaprelude.to/forums/showthread.php?t=107685"]http://www.hondaprelude.to/forums/showthread.php?t=107685[/ame]

New "G3" bolt-in no cut Projector retro - with pics. - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Pro-look Bi-Xenon Retrofit under $250 and easy DIY as PnP - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Once again Im NOT dis-encouraging anyone from purchasing an High-End Kit, this was just an Idea for the people that are on a Budget.

But if someone does attempt this, pls due make a write-up with picks....
:rockon:

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Shit I like it a lot! I did the TSX retrofit on my 600RR and after everything was said an done I had $400 in it. Of course this includes the TSX projectors, Denso ballasts, and Philips bulbs, but this is a cheaper alternative. As long as you do a clean install I would go for it.

bull3441

Established Member
most of these kits use Chinese wiring and they short all the time. even with a relay they short or burn out pretty quick. i used to retro a lot of Subaru lights and they all sucked. the Acura lights were great, but co$tly.

gksingh

Established Member
most of these kits use Chinese wiring and they short all the time. even with a relay they short or burn out pretty quick. i used to retro a lot of Subaru lights and they all sucked. the Acura lights were great, but co$tly.

True Say, but Most HID kits alone that Everyone buys is China Made...

I had this Exact same kit in my Notch with Ebay 3 Piece OEM Style Housings and not a single problem...

Maybe 5% of the HID Buyers in this day and Age buy an Actual Osram/Bosch Hid Kits.

I have had a Zentec Hid Kit (China Made) in my truck for over 2 years and I havent had a Problem. Sh*t the Kit cost me 60 Bucks of Ebay, I had a DDM Tuning kit that is going on strong for 3 years now....

And for a 100 Bucks, Even though it is China Made you cant go Wrong at all.....

Hell most of the Kits are just Branded a Different Name but share the Same Chinese Manufacturing Anyways...

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
hmmmmmm.

for the price i think it's worth a shot, especially if you're like me and wanna guinea pig it in a faded set of stock headlights.

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
If you guys are serious about a retrofit then check out hidplanet.com. Site was more than helpful when I did mine, but members are always selling legit OEM ballasts and bulbs for cheap.

gksingh

Established Member
Ah Man, Discouraging was the right spelling all along, my bad guys.

Holy Cow, the Cut of ain't that bad with these, Someone for the love of God Try these on a Mustang. Who wouldnt want this on a Stang...

mg1335.jpg

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
readin up, all the HID freaks are complaining about how they can't compare to OEM. well of course, because you're not paying an arm and a leg like with OEM.

also...for those without any type of projector to begin with, this is a great idea.

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
this is somewhat tempting- How hard is it to take apart factory lights? I just sold my OEM ones(getting AM smoked)

gksingh

Established Member
Im not to Sure about the New Edge Headlights but when I took my Notchs Headlights Apart. It Literally Took me 10 Min, I didnt have a Heat Gun at the time so I put it on a Baking Sheet, Pre-Set the Oven to like 200 Degrees and Popped it in there. And then Just Pried them apart...

They werent the OEM Ford lights, but Im pretty Sure I must have peaked some Interest on there so Im Pretty Sure we'll see something soon.

These were the ones,

FD87MT-7323HCX.JPG

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Well I read through a bunch of links and kept clicking around until I found this thread. Very informative. I think I'll wait until I have somebody help me with a custom retrofit with some TSX or FXR projectors. Though this is very tempting...

Asian-Made G1/G3 Bixenon Projectors

If anyone buys these, make sure to post up some pics and opinions!

bull3441

Established Member
True Say, but Most HID kits alone that Everyone buys is China Made...

I had this Exact same kit in my Notch with Ebay 3 Piece OEM Style Housings and not a single problem...

Maybe 5% of the HID Buyers in this day and Age buy an Actual Osram/Bosch Hid Kits.

I have had a Zentec Hid Kit (China Made) in my truck for over 2 years and I havent had a Problem. Sh*t the Kit cost me 60 Bucks of Ebay, I had a DDM Tuning kit that is going on strong for 3 years now....

And for a 100 Bucks, Even though it is China Made you cant go Wrong at all.....

Hell most of the Kits are just Branded a Different Name but share the Same Chinese Manufacturing Anyways...
DDM is a nice kit.

Users who are viewing this thread