SVTSR

Established Member
Second part of video shows footage from GoPro on roof of Ford GT

[youtube_browser]j5YejuJSbos[/youtube_browser]

SVTSR

Established Member
What the hell was done to the Benz!?

Some info here:

New World Record! 10.27 @ 137.46 – World’s Quickest and Fastest Mercedes Benz – Road Test TV | RoadTest TV

Both times are slow as hell for their power levels.

If you do the math and figuire out how much wheel horsepower it takes a 4600 lb car to run over 137 mph in the quarter you might be surprised. Add in Florida heat and a DA of about 1500. This Benz puts down about 730 - 750 to the wheels which is about right for the trap. These Benzes make about 530 to the wheels stock and will run 11.70 @ 121 on stock rubber. Will run 11.30 @ 122 - 3 on drag radials stock. Just about what you're running. How much wheel hp are you putting down and what does your vehicle weigh?

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
If you do the math and figuire out how much wheel horsepower it takes a 4600 lb car to run over 137 mph in the quarter you might be surprised. Add in Florida heat and a DA of about 1500. The Benz puts down about 730 - 750 to the wheels which is about right for the trap. These Benz make about 530 to the wheels stock and will run 11.70 @ 121.

I race a Lightning lol. Im fairly familiar with power to weight ratio and what kind of times a heavy vehicle should run with its power.

SVTSR

Established Member
I race a Lightning lol. Im fairly familiar with power to weight ratio and what kind of times a heavy vehicle should run with its power.

How much power are you making to run that low trap of 122? You're et is clearly in the 60 foot since you have low MPH for the trap. Also, think about how bad that Benz rolled by a 132 MPH trap car - I wonder what it would look from outside your window at 122 when both the GT and the Benz came steaming by you. Just a thought. There are plenty of faster cars than these 2, but to say that this Ford GT and Benz are slow for their power levels is a little off. Ford GT was rolling on stock rubber as well.

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
How much power are you making to run that low trap of 122? You're et is clearly in the 60 foot since you have low MPH for the trap. Also, think about how bad that Benz rolled by a 132 MPH trap car - I wonder what it would look from outside your window at 122 when both the GT and the Benz came steaming by you. Just a thought. There are plenty of faster cars than these 2, but to say that this Ford GT and Benz are slow for their power levels is a little off. Ford GT was rolling on stock rubber as well.

About 550 hp.....

SVTSR

Established Member
About 550 hp.....

Considering your comment, why is your trap so low?

Weight....? Lightning weighs about 4600, right?

Tell me how much power you would have to make you trap 137 mph?

Over 700 to the wheels? Hmmm. Isn't that what the 4600 lb Benz is making?

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Considering your comment, why is your trap so low?

Weight....? Lightning weighs about 4600, right?

Tell me how much power you would have to make you trap 137 mph?

Over 700 to the wheels? Hmmm. Isn't that what the 4600 lb Benz is making?

Reread my first post in this thread I mentioned nothing about their trap speeds only their et's. Who says they have 900 hp when modifying a vehicle that much and isnt talking about RWHP? Seems strange to me.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
That Benz is fast no doubt, but if Extreme281's 2006 Ford GT with bolt ons runs a 10.63 shouldn't the GT in that video be running better than a 11.20?

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
That Benz is fast no doubt, but if Extreme281 2006 Ford GT with bolt ons runs a 10.63 shouldn't the GT in that video be running better than a 11.20?

He doesnt have the one mod he needs: Driver mod

Example: Weak ass launch.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread