New VFN Sunoco Stripes - LT1 Z28 *Pics*

burnzilla

Established Member
Well its was time to put some love into my old cruiser so I did a couple things.
This is my 6th summer with the car now.
This thread is mostly to show the new stripes on the hood but I made some other small changes as well so I have provided many pics.

I know my beater is nothing special compared to some of the beautiful machines on this site :thumbsup: but its still very clean, no winters, im the second owner, etc...

Replaced the front bumper, as you can see there is no indent for the emblem, which I wanted.
I will however put my red bowtie back on sooner or later.
I like the streamlined look though.

Switched from an SLP Loudmouth to a Magnaflow for noise reasons, other then that still the same old full/several bolt on Camaro in the low 13's.

Car is a 1995 Z28 Hardtop with 132K now, drivetrain is very smooth, car rides nice with no noises/squeaks. Yes believe it or not this old beater gets a compliment here and there but thats probably because Im a hick living in hickville.

I am pretty happy though.
Thanks for looking. :rockon:

Z0.jpg

-
Z15.jpg

-
Z1.jpg

-
Z25.jpg

-
Z2.jpg

-
Z3.jpg

-
Z4.jpg

-
Z5.jpg

-
Z65.jpg

-
Z6.jpg

-
Z7.jpg

-
Z85.png

-
Z8.jpg

-
Z95.png

-
Z9.jpg

-
Z10.jpg

-
Z11.jpg

-
Z12.jpg

-
Z13.png

burnzilla

Established Member
Sorry the pics are so bloated I haven't had time to resize them.
I am going to tweak the hood a little better for fitment but other then that I am pretty happy.

7.62x51

Established Member
Thats a good looking camaro man. I always wanted to buy an older LT1 like your bodystyle and drop a LS7 into it, or a 572 chevy. They just look like they should have the big block sound

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The catfish's are ugly... worst looking 4th gens IMO.
I think more people switch from the LS1 nose to the LT1 nose.

I totally agree that the LT1 nose looks better. I had a '94 and always got a lot of compliments up until when I sold it in 2000. I like yours a lot. The hood really looks awesome. One suggestion, though, is to lower it a bit. When I lowered mine it looked so much nicer, and handled better, too. Here are a couple of photos of my '94.

CallawayCamaroFront.jpg

Callaway.jpg

CallawayCamaroRear.jpg

CallawayInterior.jpg

Last edited:

burnzilla

Established Member
Thank you all for your kind words and well, other words :)

Thats a good looking camaro man. I always wanted to buy an older LT1 like your bodystyle and drop a LS7 into it, or a 572 chevy. They just look like they should have the big block sound
The LT1's are capable of waking up and this drivetrain is still solid.
I've always considered and thought about an LS2 swap though.

Not much different in weight, size 365ci to 350ci and a 6 speed drivetrain would bolt up with some fab.
I have seen LT1 cars with LS2's in them and its a great idea!

It's not bad.....and you must live upstate right? lol
lol yeah.

I totally agree that the LT1 nose looks better. I had a '94 and always got a lot of compliments up until when I sold it in 2000. I like yours a lot. The hood really looks awesome. One suggestion, though, is to lower it a bit. When I lowered mine it looked so much nicer, and handled better, too. Here are a couple of photos of my '94.
CallawayCamaroFront.jpg
Nice lookin car.
Polished ZR1's would look rad hazard, they go good with red IMO.

Last edited:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
props for having a camaro

i personally think they look nakid without ground fx.. the RS kit is perfect. thats what i'm putting on my z28

Users who are viewing this thread