Nissan GT-R tune, mid-pipe and Launch Control - 10.58 @ 128.91 vid

mr2cam

Established Member
Jesus, that is fast for those mods. In before "warranty voided" :D

1.8t

Established Member
My friends 2009 GTR with a custom Topspeed tune, race gas, downpipes, and a mid pipe went 10.65@130mph. With this setup he made 573whp/576wtq. I seriously doubt this car would beat him with that setup on the same track/day.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Why would you hate the car in the first place. Don't be like those ricers with the import vs domestic mentality

SVTSR

Established Member
Why would you hate the car in the first place. Don't be like those ricers with the import vs domestic mentality

Don't hate the car at all. Very impressive for a 3.8 TT with minor mods. Just know alot of people on this forum have a hard time swallowing the GT-R. Just being sacrastic.

Last edited:

SVTSR

Established Member
My friends 2009 GTR with a custom Topspeed tune, race gas, downpipes, and a mid pipe went 10.65@130mph. With this setup he made 573whp/576wtq. I seriously doubt this car would beat him with that setup on the same track/day.

Not unusual for 09 -11 GT-Rs with a Cobb tune only to run 10.90's - 11.00s @ 126 - 128 on pump gas at sea level in Florida.

smaknu9

ZEUS!!!!
Established Member

mr2cam

Established Member
AGAIN Whats the price tag on this car??? "$70k??" So when you say it's hard to hate with such little mods whats that mean??I think the car is bad azz but for the price tag and when the traction control is turned off the warranty is voided!! Not fast enough for my wallet. Again bad azz car!!!

I was waiting for this comment lol, they don't void the warranty when you turn traction control off now, they did an ECU update and it lowered the RPM of which it launches at.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
AGAIN Whats the price tag on this car??? "$70k??" So when you say it's hard to hate with such little mods whats that mean??I think the car is bad azz but for the price tag and when the traction control is turned off the warranty is voided!! Not fast enough for my wallet. Again bad azz car!!!

Actually a new one will start you off at $90,950 msrp before options and dealer rape. :read:

Htown05

Established Member
I'm not impressed.

The 03 Cobra did this 8 year's ago. Minimal mod's and took a second off it's time.

The GTR does the same thing except it's in a different (ridiculous) price category. The new one's are 90k. That's right, 90k. And they are not great street car's, suspension is harsh, rides rough.

BUT, to each his own. :)

If I was to spend 90 I would find an 09 ZR1. There is one that has only has pulley upgrade, air intake modifications, intercooler improvements and tuning and went 10 flat at 140. Would smoke any BPU Skybird.

91GT

Established Member
I'm not impressed.

The 03 Cobra did this 8 year's ago. Minimal mod's and took a second off it's time.

The GTR does the same thing except it's in a different (ridiculous) price category. The new one's are 90k. That's right, 90k. And they are not great street car's, suspension is harsh, rides rough.

BUT, to each his own. :)

If I was to spend 90 I would find an 09 ZR1. There is one that has only has pulley upgrade, air intake modifications, intercooler improvements and tuning and went 10 flat at 140. Would smoke any BPU Skybird.

When has an exh, tune 03 cobra run 10's?

Htown05

Established Member
When has an exh, tune 03 cobra run 10's?

Your comprehension skills suck bro. I said an 03 Cobra can take a second off it's time by adding minimal mod's. The GTR does the same except in a different price category.

And then I went on to say that a 09 ZR1 (same price range) is faster with light mod's than an 2009-2012 GTR with light mods.

Last edited:

trev0006

Established Member
Its an amazing car at any price. The haters are usually the ones that have never been in one to know that this car not only dominates in straight line but also when the road gets twisty. This is an all trick pony, not a one trick pony.

Haters-Gonna-Hate-Eagle.jpg

riced06rs

Established Member

i bet it would be closer then what you think

Last edited:

Htown05

Established Member
Its an amazing car at any price. The haters are usually the ones that have never been in one to know that this car not only dominates in straight line but also when the road gets twisty. This is an all trick pony, not a one trick pony.

I never seen a Japanese pony.

Anyway the twisty argument is ridiculous. You ever race someone around a corner? Not ever on the street. If I wanted a car to dominate at the roadcourse I sure as hell ain't bringing a 90k car that I might flip over.

Htown05

Established Member

I never seen a Japanese pony.

Anyway the twisty argument is ridiculous. You ever race someone around a corner? Not ever on the street. If I wanted a car to dominate at the roadcourse I sure as hell ain't bringing a 90k car that I might flip over.

Maybe a tricked out Miata?

Users who are viewing this thread