This is what nightmares are made of...

IndyCobraVert

Established Member
UPDATE: For sale!
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...2001-mustang-cobra-salvage-possibly-sale.html

More pics of the engine bay:
Photo Album - Imgur

end update

Headed to work this morning and some girl decided looking both ways was overrated. I was probably 5 feet from impact before she finally looked and saw me.

Just got the poor thing this past spring with 35k miles at the time. New top put on this summer. Great car :(

Photo Album - Imgur

wOMJC.jpg

AeEoHh.jpg

One of the first responders found my front emblem which came almost untouched out of this...

wvxV7h.jpg

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
My GT is in about the same condition right now. Luckily, it's repairable. Will be getting some Cobra parts on the exterior :pepper:

IndyCobraVert

Established Member
My GT is in about the same condition right now. Luckily, it's repairable. Will be getting some Cobra parts on the exterior :pepper:

Mine is far from it I am afraid. Oil and coolant was everywhere, including the trunk lid. The gear shift was also moving freely.

Also forgot that a new clutch and a rebuilt tranny were put in this spring. Lots of good stuff gone to waste :/

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Go see a doctor. Even if you're not very sore now, it can come back and get you at a later date. You want it documented that you saw a doctor.

Better safe than sorry, and her insurance will pay for it.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Go see a doctor. Even if you're not very sore now, it can come back and get you at a later date. You want it documented that you saw a doctor.

Better safe than sorry, and her insurance will pay for it.

I actually agree with ford racer.. when I got rear ended in my f150 it didn't do any damage to the truck but after a few days I was hurting

IndyCobraVert

Established Member
I agree! This is really smart.

Any idea what you are going to do about the car? Sticking another Cobra?

I have a GT that I will be driving once I get the insurance back on it. I will probably be buying another Cobra sometime in the next 6 months.

As far as this one, I'm not sure what I can do. It will certainly be totaled out so I'm not sure if the insurance company will want everything for salvage or what. Never had a wreck before :/ Would like to get the rims back and some other things if I can.

Damn, im sorry to hear about your baby, but its a damn good thing your okay. Any pics of the car before hand?

Pics here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...9327-pics-my-new-01-cobra-much-more-come.html

RedFord96

Established Member
Good luck not being hurt. That looks bad.

Oh man... you were the guy who had a brick put through the back window, and now this. No luck with this Cobra at all. I hope she had insurance, so you can replace it with another.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
ouch! that looks pretty bad. Definately see a doc. Things can happen down the road... Glad to hear no one was seriously hurt, sorry for your loss.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
see how much the buy back is, could put all that stuff into a 4 cyc fox and have a badass car and come out ahead!

toms89

Established Member
That really sucks! Glad to hear you made it out ok. Hopefully insurance will take care of you.

Bet your really sore in a day or two.. Been in accident before and felt fine the first day but it hit me hard the following day.

Users who are viewing this thread