Operation: Pur vnm build thread!!!

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
so i took leave for 3 weeks to finally get the car done..

day 1-3 was gutting the 2 cars interiors and pulling EVERYTHING out of my car
1df6bd89.jpg

38ca8073.jpg

e3d5cac6.jpg

dbb6ffb1.jpg

e49bbbc4.jpg

yesterday i got the body and dash wiring for the cobra into my car and snapped in. computer is in my car and i will be putting the computer/ engine harness in my car tomorrow. The interior will be done in the next 2 days.

the IRS will be pulled tomorrow, Full Tilt Boogie Bushing kit will go in, FRPP diff cover, and coilovers should be in by thursday.

Valve covers are at powder coat and side skirts are at paint.

More pics to come

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Cant wait to see it finished, youve been wanting to do this for years. Glad to see youre doing it right, i bet youre cleaning the shit out of everything too?

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
yep!!! the cobra had 34k miles on it so cleaning is very easy, my car was pretty easy too...the swap is TEDIOUS but pretty easy if you have knowledge of the wiring..

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
I'm glad you're finally getting this done!! I know you've waited a long time and put up with SO MANY members giving you hell for whatever!! Good luck!!

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
thanks, it is worth taking the lumps cause other than a few things im doing this car by myself. hard work is paying off

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
thanks, it is worth taking the lumps cause other than a few things im doing this car by myself. hard work is paying off

Always loved the look of your car, just curious but with the cost of your V6 and all the other parts, how much $ are you into this project VS just buying a cobra from the get go? Either way, looking good, hope nothing happens to halt your progress any further:beer:

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
Always loved the look of your car, just curious but with the cost of your V6 and all the other parts, how much $ are you into this project VS just buying a cobra from the get go? Either way, looking good, hope nothing happens to halt your progress any further:beer:

id say im in it 17k with the car i bought....doin it this way feels better than buying a done car anyways...

2001blkR

Established Member
Finally gonna get some power in that good lookin car of yours. Hope everything goes well man. Bet you can't wait to take that first test drive.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
this is going to be awesome. i remember you posting about doing this awhile ago!

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
the IRS, motor, and trans came out today...

8262b3b4.jpg

41527928.jpg

got all the wiring in my car minus the dash and engine harness...PCM is plugged in already... tomorrow i will be taking the brake lines off the cobra (ABS) and putting them on mine...the IRS is a B**** trying to get the bushings pressed out for my FTB ones....ordered the rear coilovers today as well...once the heater box is in my car i will put the int back in. should have the car COMPLETE by monday the 14th or 15th

Users who are viewing this thread