BOSS and a Mazdaspeed 3 that would not leave me alone...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Driving home tonight in the BOSS, weather was beautiful, low 70's overcast. As usual i am MMOB, when I see a black hatch weaving and bobbing behind me in traffic. Finally the guy gets up next to me and all I hear is a fartcan and blow off valve.

We don't really have any space in front of us but he still manages to floor his car and practically give the lady in front of him a grabber. It was at that point I realized the BOSS must take vengeance for such an asshat move.

I pursue him slowly and finally we get a pretty big opening, going uphill with nobody in front of us and 3 big lanes! I get down to around 40 in second gear and wave him to get the hit. He hits it and a millisecond later, so do I.

I immediatly start pulling on him and by the time I hit the top of 3rd gear at 8200rpm he was about 2 zip codes behind me. My car just received the AED custom tune with cat delete and I cannot explain how incredible it sounds at that RPM when going full throttle. It must have sounded like an F-15 flying overhead at low altitude for the mazdaspeed 3 behind me.

He catches up moments later and starts chatting with me at the light. Tells me his car runs mid 12's on DR's and has trapped 107 and he rarely loses a street race. Are these clowns for real?

Funniest part was there was an LS1 firebird in the middle of us when we hit it and he just watched. He got up to me on the other side at the light and gave me a BIG thumbs up. He then rolled down his window and said "at 4.70 a gallon for premium, I wasn't gonna waste my gas on him!" LOLOLOL!

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Driving home tonight in the BOSS, weather was beautiful, low 70's overcast. As usual i am MMOB, when I see a black hatch weaving and bobbing behind me in traffic. Finally the guy gets up next to me and all I hear is a fartcan and blow off valve.

We don't really have any space in front of us but he still manages to floor his car and practically give the lady in front of him a grabber. It was at that point I realized the BOSS must take vengeance for such an asshat move.

I pursue him slowly and finally we get a pretty big opening, going uphill with nobody in front of us and 3 big lanes! I get down to around 40 in second gear and wave him to get the hit. He hits it and a millisecond later, so do I.

I immediatly start pulling on him and by the time I hit the top of 3rd gear at 8200rpm he was about 2 zip codes behind me. My car just received the AED custom tune with cat delete and I cannot explain how incredible it sounds at that RPM when going full throttle. It must have sounded like an F-15 flying overhead at low altitude for the mazdaspeed 3 behind me.

He catches up moments later and starts chatting with me at the light. Tells me his car runs mid 12's on DR's and has trapped 107 and he rarely loses a street race. Are these clowns for real?

Funniest part was there was an LS1 firebird in the middle of us when we hit it and he just watched. He got up to me on the other side at the light and gave me a BIG thumbs up. He then rolled down his window and said "at 4.70 a gallon for premium, I wasn't gonna waste my gas on him!" LOLOLOL!

lol i dont blame him for not wanting to waste the gas. I had a MS3 and a S2000 that were trying to get me to run them in traffic. I wasnt going to bite due to the amount of traffic. they managed to find an opening and run. all i could do was laugh at the noise those two made as they slowly raced away.

ArabianOak

Established Member
lol i dont blame him for not wanting to waste the gas. I had a MS3 and a S2000 that were trying to get me to run them in traffic. I wasnt going to bite due to the amount of traffic. they managed to find an opening and run. all i could do was laugh at the noise those two made as they slowly raced away.

How do you like your AED tune? I freaking love mine!

REPCobra10

Established Member
whats TVS stand for...I have the lopey idle tune, performance tune and track tune.

Twin Vortices Series...he was referring to his TVS supercharger tune, sir. It's not a tune that you'd be able to gainfully obtain without a TVS supercharger mounted atop your Coyote...

Last edited:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
8,200 rpms!

Dang, didn't realize tuned bosses were turning them that high, I bet it sounds crazy at that rpm.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
what kinda power the 5.0 push with that setup?

did you have to upgrade trans of clutch? what supporting mods do you have for that?

all mods in sig, stock clutch and trans. car dynoed 533/473 on 82mm pulley and stock box. not sure what its putting down with the JLT and Shauns tune updates. id venture to say somewhere north of 550 :rockon: Im needing to get back to the track and waiting on my buddy to do another dyno day for new numbers.

Jroc

Established Member
8,200 rpms!

Dang, didn't realize tuned bosses were turning them that high, I bet it sounds crazy at that rpm.

I believe the stock Roadrunners redline at 7500 rpm's. From what I've read if you want to turn over 8000 rpm's then all that's required is some better valve springs and a good tune, and they will happily turn over 8000 rpm's. I'm sure the OP can tell you better than I can though.

Good kill OP.

Jroc

Established Member
Last edited:

ramstein

Established Member
Finally you started picking opponents in your category:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread