Swine Flu Vaccine, Will your family get one?

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Not sure I trust the vaccine and I will not allow my kids harmed by any experiment the goverment is doing (aka not testing the vaccine properly or developing it in a substandard way). What are your thoughts? Will the government try to force it's hand and what will you do?

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
I'm not getting it unless I really have to. Seems like not enough studies to deem this really safe imo.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Never got a flu shot, why would I get this one?

I have kids, who go to public school, so it's not just about me. I havn't had a vaccine either, but the govt might try to require a shot, with an unacceptable risk level for my kids, hence the discussion. It's not the same level of risk that other flu vaccines have had previously in the US according to my research.

txyaloo

Established Member
I'm not planning on it, but I've never gotten a regular flu shot either.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
i wouldnt. its not even that big of a deal really, its only bad if you have a shitty immune system or if you are really young or really old. for everyone else it seems, its just another flu.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
I am not in the target "at risk" age range. Being that I am no longer active I am no longer required to take any type of vaccine and I will not be getting it.

I discussed it with the OHA rep here at work, and on his recommendation I told my father not to let any of my family back home take it either.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Never got a flu shot, why would I get this one?

+1

Never had a flu shot, don't get the flu.

My daughter works as a teacher, at a church school, she gets sick all the time from the little germ mongers she is around all day.

Last yer she brought the flu home, the wife had it within a day the boy had it a day after that... it skipped me.

Keep enough alchohol in your system and you'll be fine :beer:

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread