When do you put your Mustang in storage?

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
For those of you who don't drive it year round or have bad weather over the winter months, when do you put it away and get it back out? My wife and I put our Mach down for the winter yesterday and it probably wont resurface from the garage until mid to late April depending on the weather.

Huddleston

The Sawed Off Scott Gun
Established Member
I washed, clay barred and waxed my GT500 Saturday and I've told myself that I wont be driving it until spring. I think that the first mild sunny day i'll have it out again though. I enjoy driving it too much not to.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Usually mid to late October. Then back out as soon as risk of snow is gone and a good rain washes the road a couple times. There's no specific dates.

Posted via Topify using Android

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Mines already in "storage" in the garage. Nothing changed, just don't drive it and took insurance off.

Also is snowing out as I type. :(

2014 snake

Established Member
Yesterday. It's going to snow tonight. At least I can walk out in the garage and spend quality time with it. Plan on taking the cover off every 2 or 3 weeks and starting it up. Going to run it for about an hour each time. After it gets warmed up, I am going to put it in every gear with the clutch in for a couple minutes just to keep everything happy over the winter. Damn I love this car. Spring can't come soon enough.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I leave my fun cars in the garage once it gets cold enough for snow, so about now. I'll usually break them out for a warm up run on the random sunny 60* days that we get here and there over the winter if the roads aren't covered in salt.

freakshow12

Established Member
Mine all went away a couple weeks ago. We have about 8" snow already. Be May before they hit the streets again. My 07 was out for about 3 hrs all this yr!

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
Mines already in "storage" in the garage. Nothing changed, just don't drive it and took insurance off.

Also is snowing out as I type. :(
I am not sure I would remove the insurance. Will your home owner’s policy cover any damage to the car if something happens while in the garage? Although highly unlikely what if the garage door opener fell on the roof of your car, who pays for that? I have seen crazier things happen.
Gary.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I am not sure I would remove the insurance. Will your home owner’s policy cover any damage to the car if something happens while in the garage? Although highly unlikely what if the garage door opener fell on the roof of your car, who pays for that? I have seen crazier things happen.
Gary.

Yes, homeowners policy will cover 100% of anything in the garage. Some insurers don't cover that, you're correct, so I'd call your agent and ask if anyone is thinking of doing this. May save you some money if they will cover it.

Mulldune

Established Member
I leave my fun cars in the garage once it gets cold enough for snow, so about now. I'll usually break them out for a warm up run on the random sunny 60* days that we get here and there over the winter if the roads aren't covered in salt.

This is pretty much what I have done , and will do

Users who are viewing this thread