Stock springs vs ford springs vs eibach sportline springs

Leonard 95

Established Member
Well, just like any susp stuff I do I am never completely satisfied. I installed the ford springs only awhile back ago which I was pretty satisfied with, the rode great. Then I replaced the upper and lower control arm with j&m units to fix the dreaded wheel hop. I always thought the rear end needed a tad bit more lowering, so I picked up a brand new set of eibach sportlines for $83 dollars on ebay. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try to them, so of course I had to order more stuff to go with it, ordered tokico d-specs, j&m lower control arm relocation bracket and adjustable panhard.

So today I got around to installing them, everything went real smooth, performed alignment and used some camber adjuster bolts from ignall which work great for $25! I first set the d-specs to 3 full turns loose, I thought it was a tad bouncy on the test drive, so I then set front and rear to 2 full turns loose and it drove great, not rough or bouncy at all. The sportlines probably gave the front and rear at least another 1/2 inch lower, I forgot to measure before and after. :) Here are some stock, ford springs and sportline pics.

Stock springs:

dsc01123kc4.jpg

Ford springs:

dsc01132wg6.jpg

dsc01136po1.jpg

Sportline springs: I know the car is dirty, didn't have time to wash it. :)

33n8ghf.jpg

23r7dy1.jpg

148m9ud.jpg

zwow1.jpg

2vn3sas.jpg

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
looks good ..but.. I would of stayed with the FRPP...but thats just me:bored:

why did you only paint the door side skirts and not the front/back?

Leonard 95

Established Member
looks good ..but.. I would of stayed with the FRPP...but thats just me:bored:

why did you only paint the door side skirts and not the front/back?

You can buy the side skirts painted as take offs, I don't trust anyone yet to paint the rear one. I don't like the front one painted, the rear ones does look good painted, maybe one day.

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
You can buy the side skirts painted as take offs, I don't trust anyone yet to paint the rear one. I don't like the front one painted, the rear ones does look good painted, maybe one day.

ahhhh, gotch ya... back is no biggie to do and I would think it would flow better;-)

Leonard 95

Established Member
Yea it would flow better for sure, I had it this way for about 1 year now, it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I would rather spend money on mods right now. :)

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
now compare the sportlines and frpp with some 20" wheels and tires...

MrRob96fs

U like them spinnin tires
Established Member
Thanks for the pictures. I am picking out some springs and this thread really helps since I was between the eibach and FRPP springs.

Last edited:

Leonard 95

Established Member
Thanks for the pictures. I am picking out some springs and this thread really helps since I was between the eibach and FRPP springs.

No problem, I was hoping this would help people who are trying to make that decision. It just depends on your taste what you like. The frpp springs will make most people happy, I just thought it still needed to be lower in the rear. I wasn't going to worry about till I found those sportlines at the LFP auction and won them for $83.

Tim Lester

Established Member
Rdsnk46 car looks real good with those wheels and the sport lines,but i think with the stock wheels you need the ford springs.Leos car looks really good with the FRPP'S.Just my 2cents.

Tim L

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i went with the Ford SVT handling kit, i like it, rides nice a tight, the only other kit i would of got would of been the Eibach prokit with shocks and sway bars. i loved the way the prokit looked and handled on my old 03 cobra Vert

chuckstang

Established Member
Guys, those with lowering springs and such, if you could please measure your front ride height, from bottom of rim to bottom of fender lip.

I went to my dealer because I measured that my front passenger side was .25" higher which was unacceptable to me, but they measured only 1/8" higher and said no way will we take that all apart for only 1/8 of an inch. I am just curious if its normal to see 1/8" variance from side to side.

Believe it or not regardless of what measurement the dealership got, you can see a difference when you look at the stance of my car from one side to the other.

Just if you those with lowered cars could do this for me, it would be helpful. I guess part of me is hopig they are right and all cars are off from one side to the other, sorry!

Thanks !

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
i have the pro kit and the ride is rather bouncy, not impressed. i am hoping that the chicanes will bring the car up enough that i do not have to change the springs because i think it will look great with the 20's:shrug:

Leonard 95

Established Member
i have the pro kit and the ride is rather bouncy, not impressed. i am hoping that the chicanes will bring the car up enough that i do not have to change the springs because i think it will look great with the 20's:shrug:

Yea, no way I would of installed the sportlines without the d-specs shock/struts. It a tad harsh but not that bad, I still haven't really played with my adjustments yet.

RSH427R

Established Member
Guys, those with lowering springs and such, if you could please measure your front ride height, from bottom of rim to bottom of fender lip.

I went to my dealer because I measured that my front passenger side was .25" higher which was unacceptable to me, but they measured only 1/8" higher and said no way will we take that all apart for only 1/8 of an inch. I am just curious if its normal to see 1/8" variance from side to side.

Believe it or not regardless of what measurement the dealership got, you can see a difference when you look at the stance of my car from one side to the other.

Just if you those with lowered cars could do this for me, it would be helpful. I guess part of me is hopig they are right and all cars are off from one side to the other, sorry!

Thanks !

24 1/4 drivers
24 1/8 passenger

Leonard 95

Established Member
Bottom of rim to fender 24 even on both sides. From ground to fender was 26 3/4 inch on both sides. Trust me, ford won't touch any difference less than 1/4, 1/4 difference is within specs.

Users who are viewing this thread