stock 2010 gt500 new best

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
stock except just BMR UCA/LCA andn I remmoved the wheel weights lol...

This was at arm drop live at maple grove today.

Car weighed in at 4180 with me in it and about 4 gal of gas.

Got there just before 8am and the car sat for 2.5 hrs before 1st pass. Set the tire press to 25psi cold

Launched it just above idle and it hooked (stock 18" goodyear F1 supercars)and ran hard. CLean shifts all the way and even spun 2nd pretty much the whole gear just slightly. I could tell it was a good run.

Here is the breakdown and scan.

1.69 60' <-- Stock Goodyear 18's !!!!! (BIG burnout)
7.41 @ 94mph
11.600 @ 117.81

I almost hit the ground when I got the slip! The car is COMPLETELY stock minus BMR UCA and LCA. It now has about 1000mi on it. I will try to get it dynoed before any mods.

Arm drop Live was cool. I was in the group of picked racers and A chevy hit the wall right before me... my car cooled off real good and I tried to launch too aggressive and tires went up in smoke against a buick GN. I couldn't regain traction despite getting in and out of it 3 times in 1st and 2nd. Funny by the end of the track I BLEW past him. I know I would have went on the nexts round of elims if the car wasn't so cool.

My other qual ET's were 12.48 and a 12.50. These were with about 30min cooldowns and the car was baking in sun. So it pulled timing and I loose about a full second on the factory tune.

Some other pics. Hopefully some videos pop up on you tube soon!!!
I had no one with me.

Wilson & Co

Established Member
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Is that the first 11's sec pass with a stock motor'd GT500? What was the air temp.?

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Is that the first 11's sec pass with a stock motor'd GT500? What was the air temp.?

This does not seem to add up but if he says he did it, then congrats, but there's a lot to question here. I've made well over 1000 1/4 mile passes myself and for years ran the tower at GLD and have seen tens of thousands of passes, and watched the stats unfold on the screen. 1.68 on these F1's plus you say you spun in 2nd gear? But it appears that you had a 4.9x 330? Those are drag radial numbers, not greasy goodyear times. Dude I gotta say you're one hell of a driver to be able to put those kind of numbers up. Got any pix of your car on the line with that number on it? I'm skeptical. ;)

Whenever anyone questions you, you take it as "I must have done pretty good if they think I'm lyin" so don't freak out on my reply here. I get the feeling though that I'm not the only one reading this post with a few raised eyebrows. ;-)

Congrats on the VERY impressive results but they seem out of line with the rest of the combo... I've seen to many results and combos to just take this at face value. :poke:

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
That's a pretty amazing time with just the two mods. Hopefully a vid will surface.

How do you get enough torque to 60 foot in the 1.6's "launching off idle" on a F1?
I'd have a hard time believing a 1.89 if it were described that way. I'm one of those guys who likes to see how hard I can hit a stock tire and I can tell you with 100% certainty that you need more RPM than "off idle" no matter how well it sticks to get a number that low. Ask KG/Eleanor about racing me when I'm on stock tires with 500+ HP... The line between bog and spin is razor thin, and the line between 1.8x's and 1.6x's is too thick to even mention.

:pop:

ZXMustang

Banned
Awesome dude, you should be super proud. It just shows how much a decent sixty and a nice long cool down can help et with these cars.

Wilson & Co

Established Member
I am skeptical too. I just had no one there to video for me.

Trust me I was car 451. I may have a pic my uncle took(track tech) with the #.

I can tell you some other guy with a 07 shelby saw the 11.60 flash up in my lane because he came up to me after the run and we bs'd.

If I can't back this run up then I will call BS on myself.

Fri nite I will try again.

Wilson & Co

Established Member
How do you get enough torque to 60 foot in the 1.6's "launching off idle" on a F1?
I'd have a hard time believing a 1.89 if it were described that way. I'm one of those guys who likes to see how hard I can hit a stock tire and I can tell you with 100% certainty that you need more RPM than "off idle" no matter how well it sticks to get a number that low. Ask KG/Eleanor about racing me when I'm on stock tires with 500+ HP... The line between bog and spin is razor thin, and the line between 1.8x's and 1.6x's is too thick to even mention.

:pop:

I think I said just off idle. This means 1500-2krpm. I had a chirp/and then it went. No spin in first gear. Second gear I could feel the tires spinning slightly.

The rest of my runs were all 1.8x 60' with spin.

Finally, don't worry if I can't back it up OR at least go 11.80's I will consider it a issue with track timing

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
I think I said just off idle. This means 1500-2krpm. I had a chirp/and then it went. No spin in first gear. Second gear I could feel the tires spinning slightly.

The rest of my runs were all 1.8x 60' with spin.

Finally, don't worry if I can't back it up OR at least go 11.80's I will consider it a issue with track timing

Hey man, thank you for not getting all pissy at my replies, because that wasn't my intent. I like a good discussion, not a flame-fest. Drag racing's something I do a lot of and have done for years and years. I've chased after numbers where you get to within .0001 of the "goal" and there just isn't anymore to be had, and I've raced on many different types of tires and with N/A, blown and nitrous-ed combos. The red Cobra in my siggy I have had for 15 years, and that car has gone down the 1320 well over 1,000 times. :rockon:
I analyze "technique" down to the last detail and I have to say in all candor and honesty that these numbers are very hard to fathom if you have a basically stock ragtop with F1's and 3.31 gears.
I have buddies with Shelbys and several with Terminators that are excellent drivers and they don't get those kind of numbers unless the run's PERFECT and the launch is MUCH harder than anything under 2500 RPM.

So anyway, I guess what I look at is if a guy has made at least two passes the same day with numbers that are pretty close, I'll take it that the results are probably accurate.

I meant what I said about if people think you're lyin' then you probably are doing something pretty special. I've had people call me out when I post my "stock tire" results. It's nice when lots of people witness it, or, you race someone fairly well known so there's no question. Even in person people will still call ya out or question if you really are stock. I guess I am a skeptic in general because I know people who have ported blowers or nitrous bottles where the heater core is supposed to be, or any number of things an they claim to be "stock", but time and "friends" usually bust them out eventually.
Sometimes they even slip up in casual conversation and you say "HEY! I thought you said you were stock man!" :kaboom:
We suspected a cheater at the street drags (held at the strip) and shot his upper intake with a temp tester right after a run and the temps were um... "low" for a n/a car that just made a full pass... ;)

It is what it is. Nice car ya got there anyway... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread