RPMROLLBAR installed in "M" car

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
What a great job the crew @ RPM did on this roll bar. We opted for the 6 point, and installed it smoothly in about 8 hours, taking our time. Got tons of pics if anyone has any questions.
Here is a peek.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Any tips on removing the seats (easiest way to get them out and also disconnect the wires)?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Piece of cake. 4 bolts. 2 up front, 2 in rear on the rails. Pull the plastic panels off on the rears. Unhook your battery, turn on your headlights for full discharge. When you tilt the seat you'll see the connectors. Just unclip them and you're done.

bj

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Looks real good man. How intrusive are the lower door bar legs getting in and out? I guess like anything, you can get used to it right?

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Looks great!

Do they all come with the curved cross bar, or is it available with a straight bar? Pros, cons?

I wonder if they could put the cup on the door bar instead of having it on the rear section. Just seems it would look a little cleaner if you decided to remove the bar for street cruising.

BMspeed

Stings doesn't it!!!
Established Member
The door bars aren't bad at all. When installing them they looked as if they would be in the way and take up some leg/foot room but when sitting in the car your leg hits the arm rest of the door before the bar.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
looks pretty good. How close to the headliner is the bar?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Looks great!

Do they all come with the curved cross bar, or is it available with a straight bar? Pros, cons?

I wonder if they could put the cup on the door bar instead of having it on the rear section. Just seems it would look a little cleaner if you decided to remove the bar for street cruising.

You wouldn't be able to "swing" the door bar in that case. In order to be NHRA legal, that brace has to be on the inside of the release point. If it was on the outside, the entire weight of impact would simply be on the pin and that would basically make it useless.
It would make it look cleaner if there was a way to do it, but the whole idea of having swing outs is to make it easier to get in and out.

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
You wouldn't be able to "swing" the door bar in that case. In order to be NHRA legal, that brace has to be on the inside of the release point. If it was on the outside, the entire weight of impact would simply be on the pin and that would basically make it useless.
It would make it look cleaner if there was a way to do it, but the whole idea of having swing outs is to make it easier to get in and out.

Oh, I actually meant to rotate the cup 180* and put it on the outside of the door bar which would still enable it to swing out, unless it would be too long to clear the pillar. Would that still be illegal?

Not a real biggie in any case.

Does that curved cross bar make this any more or less legal than a straight cross bar?

I do plan to order one of these next month.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Oh, I actually meant to rotate the cup 180* and put it on the outside of the door bar which would still enable it to swing out, unless it would be too long to clear the pillar. Would that still be illegal?

Not a real biggie in any case.

Does that curved cross bar make this any more or less legal than a straight cross bar?

I do plan to order one of these next month.

That wouldn't be legal. That cup is what supports the door bar under impact, so if it wasn't there the door bar would end up in your lap under a hard impact (or worse). If the cup was on the outside, the only thing holding the bar in place on outward to inward impact would be the small pin that holds the bar shut. That pin has nowhere near the tensile strength needed to survive the force of impact.
With the cup on the inside, like it is above, the weight of impact would be absorbed and dispersed into the rest of the hoop by the cup itself because there's much more surface area taking the hit. Make sense?:beer:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
That wouldn't be legal. That cup is what supports the door bar under impact, so if it wasn't there the door bar would end up in your lap under a hard impact (or worse). If the cup was on the outside, the only thing holding the bar in place on outward to inward impact would be the small pin that holds the bar shut. That pin has nowhere near the tensile strength needed to survive the force of impact.
With the cup on the inside, like it is above, the weight of impact would be absorbed and dispersed into the rest of the hoop by the cup itself because there's much more surface area taking the hit. Make sense?:beer:

Yep! Thanks!

Blackmax

Established Member

I am considering welding a cup on the outside of my swing out bar so I don't have to use a bolt. See section 20,page 27 paragraph B of 2011 NHRA rule book.

" A half cup backing device must be welded to the verticle portion of the main hoop (inward side) or the upper end of the swing out bar on the outward side.'

Users who are viewing this thread