AIRAID Direct Replacement Filter for 2010-2012 5.4L Shelby GT500 (Blue)

Airaid Filters

Established Member
NOW Available in BLUE due to overwhelming demand!

AIRAID is proud to release our new OEM direct replacement filter for the 2010-2013 5.4L Mustang Shelby GT500. Don’t settle for a “Universal” fit cone filter, when the AIRAID has been fully engineered and designed to the OEM specification. The AIRAID premium filter offers an excellent combination of air flow and filtration and is fully serviceable making it the last air filter you will need to buy!

860-400RGB1-1.jpg

AIRAID Direct Replacement Filter for 2010-2013 5.4L Shelby GT500

• True OEM Direct Replacement 5.5” x 9” Long
• Hand Poured Urethane Body – Won’t crack, shrink, or curl like rubber or Plastisol
• AIRAID’s exclusive unique filtration technology – enables the AIRAID filter to filtrate far superior to the average cotton filter
• Proudly Made in the USA
• Lifetime “No-Hassle” Warranty
• AIRAID P/N # 860-512 (Oiled) Fit’s 2010-2013 Shelby GT500 5.4L
• AIRAID P/N # 863-399 (NON-Oiled) Fit’s 2010-2013 Shelby GT500 5.4L

860-400installed_RGB-1.jpg

Last edited:

Airaid Filters

Established Member
What is the advantage or disadvantage of both oiled and non?

Hello MattR,

Both Air filters are going to offer great airflow and excellent filtration.

The SynthaFlow (Oiled) will flow about 10% more airflow, and is the best combination of air flow and Filtration of any performance filter on the market today! Typical Service intervals are between 30-50K, and you will need a AIRAID Cleaning Kit to Service the filter.

The SynthaMax (Non-Oiled) Filter is a great choice if you have concerns about the Oil Contamination myth, or if you are looking for a filter that offers a bit easier maintenance. Typical Service intervals are around 15-30K and what’s really nice is that you can use any type of house hold detergent such as a Simple Green or a 409 cleaner.

Both SynthaFlow (Oiled) and SynthaMax (NON-Oiled) Premium Air filters are Proudly Made In The USA and Feature our Lifetime “No-Hassle” Warranty!

Thanks,
David

2Sharpie

Established Member
What are the differences between these and the 860/861-399 series??? Are the 399 series more of a generic fit?

Airaid Filters

Established Member
What are the differences between these and the 860/861-399 series??? Are the 399 series more of a generic fit?

Hello 2Sharpie,

The only difference is the color. We got allot of demand for this filter in "Blue" so we are now offering it, other than that, it is the exact same air filter.

This is a True OEM replacement filter, not a generic cone filter.

can you get a replacement filter for the FRPP intake kit on the 2007-09 models?

Hello Zeke0123,

I can fix you up with one, however I do not offer it in Blue, just the Classic Red.

I need one for the 127mm JLT CAI in blue also.......

Hello bossnova3,

This is the only filter I offer in blue.

All of my other cone filters are only available in the Classic Iconic Red.

Thanks,
David

overtime

Established Member
Hello 2Sharpie,

The only difference is the color. We got allot of demand for this filter in "Blue" so we are now offering it, other than that, it is the exact same air filter.

This is a True OEM replacement filter, not a generic cone filter.

Hello Zeke0123,

I can fix you up with one, however I do not offer it in Blue, just the Classic Red.

Hello bossnova3,

This is the only filter I offer in blue.

All of my other cone filters are only available in the Classic Iconic Red.

Thanks,
David

Too bad - would have been nice, to be able, to get it in Blue

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The SynthaMax (Non-Oiled) Filter is a great choice if you have concerns about the Oil Contamination myth

The idea that a oiled cotton gauze filter allows more dirt to pass than a non oiled high end synthetic media isn't a myth. Forgive me for speaking out against a forum sponsor, as I do it with all respect for your company.

Sure, it's based on how well the product is oiled, but many people may not know how to properly oil a filter element. Many people either over oil the product and contaminate the MAF, or under oil the element allowing greater amounts of dirt to pass.

I'm looking forward for the "blue" non oiled version, as I would gladly sacrifice a few CFM for better filtration and not have to deal with the headache of proper cleaning and oiling. I'm sure there are other hard core junkies like me who would agree.

Last edited:

Airaid Filters

Established Member
The idea that a oiled cotton gauze filter allows more dirt to pass than a non oiled high end synthetic media isn't a myth.
Sure, it's based on how well the product is oiled, but many people may not know how to properly oil a filter element. Many people either over oil the product and contaminate the MAF, or under oil the element allowing greater amounts of dirt to pass.

Hello UnleashedBeast,

Do not worry about "speaking out" against a sponsor. This is a forum and we are here to discuss things. :rockon:

The main cause of failure of the MAF sensor is because of the faulty Hot Wire, not because of Air Filter “Oil”.

Now hypothetically if the “Hot Wire” is working correctly then even if some oil got though onto it, the Hot Wire would burn off the oil and you have no issues. What happens is that the when the “Hot Wire” fails, and if any oil sticks to it, it stays and attracts dirt, which then causes the sensor to fail. This does not happen because of air filter Oil, it happens because the hot wire is faulty.

A couple of things to keep in mind here, and the biggest being that not all Cotton Gauze Filters are created equal. The AIRAID premium filter is designed with 4 layers of Cotton Gauze and we incorporate a 5th layer of Synthetic material. There are 2 main reasons why we use a cotton /Synthetic blend and why it is superior to the average “Cotton Filter”

1. The 5th layer of Synthetic Material will not allow any oil to penetrate through the filter, so there are not any concerns of oil getting on any sensors.
2. Our 5 layer Cotton / Synthetic Filter will offer far superior filtration to a Cotton Only air filter.

We offer Both Oiled and Non-Oiled filters so our consumers have the choice to use whatever they prefer. Some consumers just want some easier maintenance, or are worried about the “Oil” Myth, however whatever the reason that is why we offer both choices.

As far as filtration both filters are excellent out of the box. One thing to keep in mind is that “Oil” based filters can be restored back to 100% full efficiency every time they are cleaned (30-50K), and on the flip side, the “Non-Oiled” filters cannot be restored back to full efficiency and the filtration falls off after every cleaning. So the Cotton Gauze filter will offer superior filtration over time.

Thanks,
David

gr8snkbite

Established Member
Nice filter....tho why not make it with the end open for even more air flow....

Airaid Filters

Established Member
Nice filter....tho why not make it with the end open for even more air flow....

Hello gr8snkbite,

The filter is designed as a direct OEM replacement and the stock paper filter does not have a Inverted open top.

The Inverted open top filters do not really provide much of a benefit other than aesthetics. Some think they look cool, but they really do not provide any noticeable improvement in performance.

Thanks,
David

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I had no idea your oiled filters had a 5th layer that was a synthetic media. Neat design and awesome innovation. This corrects all the negative I have studied over time from the older K&N designed oiled filters.

Thanks David.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Well it's an Airaid so the function goes without saying to be quality, but let me say from a form perspective ... that's one dayum sexy looking filter.

I've always liked the iconic red, but with the blue covers this looks too nice. I'm sold!

Users who are viewing this thread