Another Happy Aussie supercharged 5.4 >>

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We wanted to share this customers great ride and story with the SVT gang!

It is a Aussie Falcon with KB 2.8LC (not the black one recently sent to australia that we posted about)

"thought I'd drop you a line to let you know the outcome with the alloy short block you sent me earlier this year…

Fitted into my car, combined with 4v heads, some very mild cams, a Kenne Bell 2.8 LC intercooled blower it has exceeded expectation!

In the end, we held the power BACK to 442 rear wheel kw, (spot on 600rwhp) at only 10PSI. We were all very pleasantly surprised.

I have now done nearly 10000 miles with this combination including several circuit days, and a standing start top speed event. Came 4th overall in that, beat lambo's, Ferraris, Nissan GTR's, Porsche 911's etc etc etc! Kicked arse! Only beaten by a modified Shelby Supersnake, a Leman racecar, and a Australian championship winning endurance race car.

We have plans to up the boost in the next few months once an upgraded fuel system including surge tank is developed for the car. 15psi, and 700 rear wheel HP is the aim. this car remains my 'daily transport', it drives me to work, fetches the groceries, AND indulges me in my motorsport activities.

Mark, you guys produce a quality product, one that I have recommended to several fellow enthusiasts in Australia, and at least one I know has since ordered an engine from you as a result of my own experience.

I think it's important to provide good feedback where appropriate, and that is the intention of this email! please let your engine builders know there is another very happy Australian customer, and pass on my thanks. I would be happy to provide a 'reference' for any potential custom in this part of the world - so please keep that in mind should you be asked for any references for your products.

Thanks again, and best regards

Shane W.

Here are his specs:

Engine
GTWS alloy engine block
Manley forged pistons, Total Seal rings
Manley forged 'H' beam connecting rods
Forged Kellogg crank
Clevite race series bearing
Rotating assembly balanced and blueprinted
Mellings oil pump
Engine oil heat exchanger
Felpro gaskets
Underdrive pulley
Cool thermostat

Oil catch can

Relocated dry cell battery

Heads
Stock Boss 302 4V,

Crow GTP series camshafts

Induction
Kenne Bell 2.8LC twin screw supercharger, polished
Liquid cooling to compressor - electric water pump heat exchanger set up
Blue Power Racing Developments spec rear compressor entry & lower inlet manifold
Blue Power Racing Developments spec front mount intercooler set up
FRPP polished billet alloy twin 65mm throttle body
Blue Power Racing Developments cold air induction, KN filter
10 PSI boost pressure

Fuel delivery
Kenne Bell boost-a-pump
Stock intank pump
Hi flow injectors

Exhaust
Di Filippo 4-1 stainless steel headers
Di Filippo catalytic convertors, 200CPI
Di Filippo 'Big Boy" twin 3' stainless steel cats back

Driveline
Malwood billet steel flywheel
Malwood Option 4 ceramitallic cushioned single plate clutch & pressure plate
Malwood spec slave cylinder
Malwood spec braided clutch lines
Motul race spec clutch fluid
Stock Tremec 6 speed
Harrop Engineering Tru Trac differential centre
FRPP 4.11 final drive ratio
Super pro differential bushes, HD differential bolt

Suspension
Bilstein dampers front / rear
King springs front / rear
Whiteline adjustable swaybars front / rear
Superpro front control arm bushes
Nolathane swaybar bushes front / rear
Nolathane HD sway bar links front / rear
Nolathane spring seats front / rear

Tires

Continental Extreme Contact DWS

245/35ZR19, 265/30ZR19

Brakes

Front;
DBA 5000 series 355mm drilled & cross slotted rotors
Goodrich braided brake lines
Brembo 6 piston front callipers, Ferrodo DS2500 pads

Rear;
PBR single piston callipers, Ferrodo pads

Brembo 330mm drilled solid rotors
Motul race spec brake fluid

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The "boss" name is just what they call them in Australia, the heads are 4 v modular (either the navigator head or the 03/04 cobra head depending on which model car and year).

Ironhand

Banned
The "boss" name is just what they call them in Australia, the heads are 4 v modular (either the navigator head or the 03/04 cobra head depending on which model car and year).

Yeah I think they came with boss 290s which would be the 03-04 Cobra heads.

I was alittle confused as well. Then I remember they call alot of their motors "BOSS".

aussie tex

Established Member
Hi guys,

my name is Shane, I own the GT pictured above.

My apologies for referring to the heads as being Boss 302. The original engine in thie car is a Ford Australia assembled motor which is referred to as a Boss 302 - a iron block 5.4 lt short engine fitted with 4v heads and an Australian developed intake set up. I belive the heads are waht you guys would normally associate with the 4.6lt engine.

The '302' designation refers to the engines advertised flywheel output - 302 killowatts.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions regarding the car, specs, performance etc.

BTW, most recent dyno session a week ago resulted in 460rwkw - around 620 rear wheel horsepower on 11 psi.

cheers

tex

aussie tex

Established Member
Anymore details on the lower intake setup?

What did you do with the stock Boss 290 intake?

Hi mate,

yeh I have plenty of pics, will dig some up for you if you like?

I still have the original engine, it was a pretty reasonable thing by the time we pulled it - made 400 rear wheel horses with an aftermarket "Yella Terra" intake manifold and twin 65mm throttle body.

Here's a few more of the car as it is now;

IMG_1183.jpg

020-1.jpg

014.jpg

I'll find some of the Australian intake set up for you....

aussie tex

Established Member
The original lower intake set up;

twinthrottle005.jpg

twinthrottle004a.jpg

twinthrottle002.jpg

Upper intake set ups - stock one both of these on the left is a Boss 302 version one on the right is a Boss 315 - extra power from the twin throttle body and slightly larger volume.

Remember, the "302" and 315 designations come from the engines advertised flywheel output (in kw)

twinthrottle007.jpg

twinthrottle008-1.jpg

The Boss 315 installed;

twinthrottle012.jpg

And this was the third intake set up I tried on the engine when aspirated - a Yella Terra manufactured aftermarket version with increased plenum volume + the twin 65mm throttle body;

010.jpg

Hope that helps.

tex

aussie tex

Established Member
Was lucky enough to get a professional photo shoot done of the GT recently, the pics are absolutely killer! I had a few strings pulled to secure an otherwise off limits venue for the shoot.... normal hire cost for the 'shed' is 10 grand a day! I got a couple of hours in there for nothing! Woooohoooo.

I'll post some of the pics once the feature is run in the magazine.

The car was run up on a local Mainline chassis dyno a few weeks ago and rattled off 468, 465, 461, 462...... back to back, zero cool down time, driven 60km to the shop, reversed straight onto the dyno and run. 468 rear wheel kilowatts = about 630 rear wheel horse power. The engine makes ample power for a daily driven street car!

The LC blower keeps intake temps stable, and the blower case never gets hot to touch even when thrashed on the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread