Clean Engine Bay?

:decepTion:

Established Member
Whats the best way to clean your engine bay? how do you guys do it? i did a search because i thought i could find a thread like this but i seemed to have come up with nothing correct me if im wrong and sorry for making a new thread if this has been already discussed

Spade

Established Member
I dont do it very often but when I do I use Eagle One Aluminum wheel cleaner.

First I mist the engine bay with water and then spray it with the wheel cleaner. Then I wipe it down with soapy water. Finally I mist the engine bay again with water until its clear of clearing/soap.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Get engine nice and hot
Mist engine bay
Engine Brite then wipe
Run engine to let everything burn off
Turtle wax f21 tire foam and wipe

Result:
P1050698edit.jpg

03snkvert

Established Member
Simple green and water. Best way. IMO

+1

I went to Lowes and got a hand garden sprayer and a gallon of Simple Green. The hand garden sprayer was like $7 and it work perfect, I just mix the simple green and water and the sprayer works perfect to spray it on.

The Garden Sprayer is similar to what Autogeek sells for $15

Satyr

Established Member
Considering that simple green is biodegradable and harmless to the environment...and since so many people have safely used it on their aluminum and iron blocks, I would say it's fine.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Simple Green diluted 2:1 will work fine on your engine bay

I use various brushes to scrub difficult crud and build up

Lightly hose it off and let the car run for a bit to dry.

DO NOT USE TIRE SHINE OR TIRE FOAM. FOAM IS FLAMMABLE

Tire Shine contains silicone which attracts and hold dirt and oil making it a pain to clean later.

303 Aerospace is non-toxic and does not contain silicone. It is safe on vinly and plastic and dress up your engine bay well

howie8124

Established Member
Get engine nice and hot
Mist engine bay
Engine Brite then wipe
Run engine to let everything burn off
Turtle wax f21 tire foam and wipe

Result:
P1050698edit.jpg

Also did this to my engine (Worst kept up 01 engine I've ever seen) Considering how bad mine was and how well it came out Engine brite and some tire foam is the way to go. Just take your time if you have some and it will come out just fine. :rockon:

331Stroker

Stroked
Established Member
I use oomph. Its a degreaser and I mix it with Dial soap and water, then spray off with a mist and use an engine detailer to shine it up.

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
i get the engone nice and warm, then i sray it down with water, then i soak it with simple green, i let it sit for a while with the hood closed, then come back say 10 minutes later and agitatee, then i liberally spray it off... water doesnt hurt anything, just try not to drench your alternator or battery... then i bring in my plug in leaf blower and really dry everything, the most important parts being the coil packs, and the alternator and battery. if the coil packs are dry it will start right up... +1 on the 303 aerospace, that stuff is like mature armor all, it looks real nice, not too glossy, and you can use it on anything plastic

Users who are viewing this thread