Crazy SVT Poster

What does an out of balance tires sound like?

It's weird because I don't really feel any vibration at all but there's a distinct rotational Wow Wow Wow Wow sound that increases and decreases with speed. If I had to guess which one it is, I'd say the back right but who knows for sure.

BTW, It loudness, etc is dependant on the type of road surface. Some roads you can hardly hear it then then I'll hit a patch of flat back top and it's very noticeable.

Is this typical of a tire balance problem even though there's no noticeable vibration or is this something worse?

Thanks!
    B.
    Last edited by JAXCOBRA99; 04-18-2005 at 02:41 PM.
    -Brian

It might be off-balance. If it was a rear tire, you might not feel anything.

It also might be a defective tire. My Cobra had one defective Goodyear straight from the factory. It was loud as hell with a sound just like you describe.

I needed to keep the thing in the back since it made a helluva racket up front.

Finally got rid of those crappy stock tires and got a set of GS-D3's.
    The Democratic party = The party of lies, lawlessness and deciet.

Crazy SVT Poster
    The tire can make that noise with or without visual evidence or a vibration felt, so I'd say take it in and have them bal. it.

Sell your car and get a Lexus. Mustangs transmit a LOT of road noise, might as well get used to it.
    "You're either part of the solution, part of the problem...or part of the landscape"

"The Long Emergency"...What's going to happen as we start running out of cheap gas to guzzle?
    http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...player=unknown

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpetCityCobra
    Sell your car and get a Lexus. Mustangs transmit a LOT of road noise, might as well get used to it.
    haha!. You ain't lyin!. ;) Between this tire thing, the standard road noise, exhaust and the aftermarket shifter, blower whine.. What the hell was I thinking!.. lol..

Thanks to those who responded.. I'll look into getting the alignment checked and the wheels properly balanced..

B

Mustang-less
    could be the rear end.