P0068 MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation HELP!!

Help I got a check engine light. It is P0068. I looked it up and it says P0068 MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation

Does this sound right? What could the problem be? I am on my break up tune.
    2003 Sonic Blue Cobra - 302VT Billet Stroker - Crower Stage III - Kenne Bell 2.8LC - MPH Behemoth Inlet - Accufab Twin 75mm - 3.25"/6lb lower - Custom RAI - JLT 110mm MAF - 1-7/8" x 3" Kooks LTs - JBA 3" SS Catback - DSS lvl 5s - Detroit TrueTrac Diff. - FRPP 3.55 - MM K-member - PST Carbon Fiber Drive shaft - FRPP 80lb Injectors - Fore Triple Hat - Triple Walbro GSS342 - Fore FPR - Fore Fuel Filter - 24.76psi - E85 Tuned by Bob Kurgan

On the Dyno at Bob Kurgan's
    Terminator on Dyno at Kurgan's

Crower Cams:
    Cammed Cobra Idle

Walk Around:
    Cammed Cobra Walk Around

SVT God
    I am surprised no one chimed in here for you. I'm not familiar with that code. But I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with the expected voltages from the TPS at a certain voltage from the MAF. In other words, there should be some sort of matching correlation between the two. You shouldn't have a MAF with a reading that would indicate WOT and a TPS sensor at only part throttle. Just a thought is all.

Thanks for the reply and I think you are 100 percent correct. Our TPS voltage was at 1.2 and we adjusted it to .99 so we will see if the code comes back.

I know this is an old thread. I am getting the same code on my dad's marauder. The car has basically a cobra setup on it. 2.3 whipple on a 9.2 comp teksid, single blade accufab. It is untuned with the whipple, but was kicking the code on the tuned m112. I have resealed everything, tried a different MAF, TP voltage is at .93v now. The only thing I can think now is the tune needs to be tweeked. I also swapped what I think is the MAP sensor, but havn't driven the car yet to see if it fixed it. Getting 18" of vacuum in neutral idle and 16" in gear.

GodStang, did adjusting the TP fix the code? If you can remember back that far?
    Last edited by Blown38; 06-22-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    Chris

Try TPS = .98V

2003 Cobra
    Zinc Yellow
    ===========

Air Induction - JLT Carbon Fiber Ram Air, Amsoil EaAu4090 filter, Dragon Throttle Body, Posi ported Dragon Plenum
    Supercharger - Posi Ported Eaton Supercharger 16.5 pounds of boost
    Cooling - 170* Reische Performance Thermostat, Lethal Performance Intercooler Coolant Reservoir, Afco Pro Series Heat Exchanger, LDC Head Cooling Mod
    Drivetrain - Tremec 26 spline input shaft, McLeod RST Twin Disk Clutch, McLeod Steel Flywheel, Fiore Micro-Click Firewall Adjuster, Level 2 T56 upgrade w/bronze pads, McLeod Clutch Quadrant, LPW Differential Cover, Billet Throwout Bearing Sleeve, LubeLocker Differential Gasket, MGW Shifter
    Fuel System - Dual Ford GT Pumps, Fore Dual Pump Hat, Sieman-Deka 63lb injectors, Dual FPDM, 8 gauge power wire upgrade
    Monitoring - Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges with SOS A-Pillar Gauge Pod with Raptor Shift Light, 3.5 bar Map Sensor, Hilton 16# Boost Overlay
    Exhaust - JBA 1 5/8" Headers, Borla 14858 Catback, MRT catted H-pipe
    Braking - 10th Anniversary Front Brake Calipers, G2 Painted Rear Brake Calipers, Hawk HPS brake pads, Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Full Tilt Boogie Racing Heavy Duty Front Rotors FT8000HD, Rear Rotors FT8200
    Suspension - Maximum Motorsports XL Subframes, Maximum Motorsports Chrome Caster Camber Plates, Maximum Motorsports Valved Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts, Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda Differential Bushings, Maximum Motorsports Rear Spring Isolators
    Pulleys - 2.90 Reichard Racing Non-slip Supercharger Pulley, 4# Metco Lower Crank Pulley, 3.5" Alternator Pulley, Metco Dual Bearing Idlers
    Ignition - TR7IX Stock Gapped at .035", Optima Red Top
    Rims&Tires - 1995 Cobra R Chrome Wheels 17x9 17x10.5, Nitto NT05 315/35 Rear Tires, Stock Eagle 275/40 Front Tires
    Tune - Custom tune, SCT Xcalibrator 3
    Windows - 35% Tint
    Bacon Detector - Valentine V1

Quote Originally Posted by cobracide View Post
    Try TPS = .98V
    Will do. I guess I should log the IAC duty cycle to see if maybe the TB blade is opened too much? I have another car with the same setup I work on and that thing pulls like 22" of vacuum at Idle. The only thing I haven't went back to was a stock TB and I can't now with the whipple inlet due to how the air is supplied to the IAC. I guess I could pick up or borrow a stock cobra TB.

But as far as I can remember our car has always pulled 18". Maybe just a variance in gauges.

One quarter turn off completely closed on the blade is a good place to start.

Ok I checked the TP. It was at .97 with key on engine off and 1.00 engine running. So I set it to .98 engine running and also adjusted throttle blade, idle was hanging slightly. Cleared the KAM. Dad just took it for a drive and the P0068 has not popped back up yet. We are going on a longer cruise tomorrow so I will post up if all is still well or not.

Thanks for the input. It was interesting how the voltage output of the TP was greater with engine running. On the Predator it didn't go into part throttle mode till 1.05 TP volts.

About 180 miles worth of driving today and all is good so far. Just need the evap system to come online now.

Must be under 1V and no less than .96v. Key on engine off.