Hey Ken, get inside, will ya ?

2012 Boss 302 LS # 563
    2000 Cobra R # 76
    1993 Cobra # 2162
    2003 Mercury Marauder
    2013 F 150 Extended Cab
    2011 F 350 Worktruck
    2014 Focus SE 5sp

I doubt Ken is in the northern cold region. I heard he was in the tropics checking out a new car:

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM ac427cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1995COBRA-R
    I heard he was in the tropics checking out a new car:
    Doc:

Wouldn't that be "new ride"?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ac427cobra
    Wouldn't that be "new ride".
    I am ashamed that you would infer that Ken would take advantage of young women.

Those young ladies are his highly qualified staff assistants. They are certified collector car appraisers, Wharton-educated financiers, nutritional experts, and physical activity trainers.

Their slender figures had nothing to do with his decision to add them to his staff. Ken is a man known for his forbearance, fortitude, prudence, temperance, integrity, loyalty, honor, and generosity. In fact, his resume is so spotless, he is unqualified to seek political office.
    Doc
    1995 Cobra R #113
    1965 Mustang VAS (Vintage American Sedan) road race car
    2011 Mustang GT 5.0 w/ Brembo's and a 3:73LS
    1973 Porsche 911 Carrera 2.7L

Daytona finish

That was a pretty exciting finish to the race today. I think this was the first time EVAR that I cheered for a Chevy to win. Two reasons! I wanted Mark Martin to win The Daytona 500 and I had his name in the pool!

Kurt Busch greased my palm with a cool $20.00 for leading mid-point of the race and I could have made it a clean sweep and had another $66.00 (for go fast stuff) if Martin could have held off that ass wipe Harvick!

Oh well, I most likely won't be watching another NECKCAR race until the boys roll into Watkins Glen this Summer.

Won't it be interesting when those Toyota haulers roll into Talladega and Texas for the "Good 'Ol Boys"

Did you catch the comments in the pre-race show when they mentioned the Toyota Camry (which has been taking flak for being non-american) is the only car represented in NASCAR that is actually made in the US? I thought that was hilariuous.

Brian
    2005 NASA American Iron Midwest Champion.
    2006 NASA American Iron Midwest Champion
    2011 BMW M3: Interlagos blue, SMG
    2013 BMW X1
    2011 BMW X5
    2000 Cobra R 131 of 300 Built 3/15/00
    1995 Cobra R #23 (NASA AI Midwest #23)
    2008 Corvette Z06
    2010 Camaro SS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHKvd7ogOcM
    My braking point entering a corner is when I see the corner worker raising the yellow flag for me

I Took My Own Avatar Pic Mike H's Avatar
    That was a pretty exciting finish to the race today. I think this was the first time EVAR that I cheered for a Chevy to win.
    I was conflicted also. I've been a long time Martin fan. I'm not so sure, now that he's gone to the dark side
    Mike

2000 Cobra R fast
    2004 Saleen Cobra faster
    2005 Benz SL65 AMG fastest

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra-R
    Toyota Camry is the only car represented in NASCAR that is actually made in the US?
    I didn't realize that. The Fusion is made in Mexico while the Monte Carlo and Charger are made in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H
    I was conflicted also. I've been a long time Martin fan.
    I wasn't. I was hoping Mark's car would throw a rod and let Matt and Gilliland go for the win. Of course, Matt was wrecked and Happy Harvick went to the front from nowhere.

The first 150 laps were so boring that I worked on my taxes. The last 27 laps were interesting. Ragan looked good in Mark's old car (5th).

I was cheering for Boris to win it all. He did get a 14th place finish which should help fund another day for his team.

I do support the new Roush-Fenway team. Roush's new partner must be a good guy (John Henry, a money manager ).

Won't it be interesting when those Toyota haulers roll into Talladega and Texas for the "Good 'Ol Boys"
    I don't know, Bruce. Toyota did open up that big truck factory in Texas. I doubt the good old boys in Alabama would much care. There has never been an American vehicle manufacturer in AL (they do make a Benz there).
    Welcome to Tuscaloosa County Alabama, U.S.A, and the factory where the 2nd generation M-Class and the newest members of our Mercedes-Benz line, the R-Class and the GL-Class are manufactured.
    I would expect that Toyota may not receive a warm welcome in Michigan and a few other northern cities. That is where all of the jobs were lost to Toyota.

I think this was the first time EVAR that I cheered for a Chevy to win.
    Uh oh, does this mean you'll soon be driving a Special Edition Dale Jr. Monte Carlo? How 'bout one of them new Silverado's?

I welcome the Toyota's. It's just another car to beat up on. I never did cheer for those German cars (Dodge Charger's). If I bought a German car, it would be one of them sporty things:

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra-R
    Did you catch the comments in the pre-race show when they mentioned the Toyota Camry (which has been taking flak for being non-american) is the only car represented in NASCAR that is actually made in the US? I thought that was hilariuous.

Brian
    As usual they are only half right. Most high content Camry's are imported from Japan.

In the end does it really matter. I watched half the race and was having a REALLY tough time telling what the make of any car was on the track. I really don't see the value in supporting that type of racing from a manufacturers position anymore. I wonder how much Pontiacs sales were hurt when they pulled out of NASCAR?
    Mark Wilson
    93 Cobra #1824
    93 Cobra R #84
    95 Cobra R #39
    95 Cobra R #136
    Mystery Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 93SVTCobra
    As usual they are only half right. Most high content Camry's are imported from Japan.

In the end does it really matter. I watched half the race and was having a REALLY tough time telling what the make of any car was on the track. I really don't see the value in supporting that type of racing from a manufacturers position anymore. I wonder how much Pontiacs sales were hurt when they pulled out of NASCAR?
    I agree................, but some of the hardcore fans seem to be having issues with it.

Look on the bright side, I am sure Toyota's carburated V8 engine sales will really pickup now.

Brian

I wonder how much Pontiacs sales were hurt when they pulled out of NASCAR?
    What's a Pontiac!??!

I really don't see the value in supporting that type of racing from a manufacturers position anymore. I wonder how much Pontiacs sales were hurt when they pulled out of NASCAR?

I don't have a clue. I guess the folks in Dearborn think that they get some sort of value from the brand recognition in the NASCAR races? I guess Toyota thought it was important since they entered NASCAR (and gave their teams a bunch of money)?

Brand equity is the value built-up in a brand. It is measured based on how much a customer is aware of the brand. The value of a company's brand equity can be calculated by comparing the expected future revenue from the branded product with the expected future revenue from an equivalent non-branded product. This calculation is at best an approximation. This value can comprise both tangible, functional attributes and intangible, emotional attributes.
    I don't know. Would you suggest a complete pullout from NASCAR?

I know I am a Ford fan since the days I was a young lad (~1910 , but I'm still younger than Bruce). I remember reading about those GT40's dominating LeMans and those Cobra's and Shelbys which dominated sports car racing. That money was well spent in that I've bought many Fords through the years.

I have no idea if the younger generation cares about it. I am glad that Ford still supports racing.

Rookie SVT Poster
    on the topic of toyota in nascar.....do any of you guys know what engine toyota is running???? are they using another manufacturers engine or did they go aout and design their own???? im no toyota fan or expert,,but they dont have a pushrod V8 do they????ive been wondering this any help,,thanks jack

Quote Originally Posted by 93Rwanted
    on the topic of toyota in nascar.....do any of you guys know what engine toyota is running???? are they using another manufacturers engine or did they go aout and design their own???? im no toyota fan or expert,,but they dont have a pushrod V8 do they????ive been wondering this any help,,thanks jack
    They HAVE a pushrod V-8. Without one, they wouldn't be able to run.

I have no clue what it's out of. When it comes to rice, I think it's ok to eat if you're at a Bennihana's??!

Moving

To my friends here, I'll be moving to North Little Rock, Arkansas next month. I may not be able to visit regularly for awhile. Maybe I will see Tom and some others at the SAAC meet at Hallet in Tulsa? I will also have to look into NASA parcipitation there.
    Shane Scott

95R #177
    R is for RACE, Yeah Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by 95R#177
    To my friends here, I'll be moving to North Little Rock, Arkansas next month.
    Congrats! You'll move from a place where it freezes during winter to a place where you can go fishing in the winter.

Please enjoy the fishing.

Since I know Bruce really wants to know, I present him with pictures of his new dream car: The Corvette SS:

600+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by 1995COBRA-R
    Since I know Bruce really wants to know, I present him with pictures of his new dream car: The Corvette SS:
    Doc:

95% of them will No Doubt have slow drivers in them!?!

I thought they were all Super Slow?
    2010 Raptor 6.2
    2008 Gt500
    2003 Cobra Conv 10th Ann
    2001 Saleen SC #387
    2001 F150 Harley Davidson
    2000 Cobra R #295
    1999 Lightning
    1995 Cobra R #176 (#4 Rosie Car, Dad's)
    1993 Cobra r #104
    1984 GT 350
    Its been a problem, and I'm Done

Quote Originally Posted by 95R#177
    To my friends here, I'll be moving to North Little Rock, Arkansas next month. I may not be able to visit regularly for awhile. Maybe I will see Tom and some others at the SAAC meet at Hallet in Tulsa? I will also have to look into NASA parcipitation there.
    Shane,

Sounds good. See you at Tulsa.

Tom
    95 Conv/HT #357 SOLD
    95R #69 of 250-TF Racing/Zippo Motorsports Racer #47
    95R #24 of 250-Snipes Ford Racer #26
    2014 Shelby GT500-GB w/White Stripes

Hope this qualifies for the "Off Topic" thread section. Has anyone in here ever sold a US car to someone who lives in Canada? If so any legal stipulations that would be nice to know about. IE: said Canadian purchases US car then tries bringing it to across the border. What could go wrong and come back to haunt the US seller 2 years down the road?
    Thanks,
    Ty

It's always a good sign when you have to open the shop doors to warm up the shop!!!

Today, Spring Fever has officially hit! And I'm far from ready for the event in just over 4 weeks. But the good news is we are headed to the greatest single concentration of Corvettes on the Planet!

Oh, my bad! I should be a little more considerate of our GM Brethren!

It's going to be a good time! No Doubt!

lets get ready to rumble! scottmartin's Avatar

spring??

OK,, you started it. Today is supposed to be 77 in Kansas City. Next track event is March 23-25 at Heartland park. Get em ready to go!!

Piss on Fox Sports1 99COBRA2881's Avatar
    Cant scratch the open track itch yet? 12 hours of Sebring is on SPEED today, thousands of Nascar fans and rednecks are going to be having withdrawals as there will be no NASCAR, Monster trucks or bobsledding (I honestly dont know nor even care why SPEED carries bobsledding) on SPEED for the entire afternoon and part of this evening!!! Its a rare occurance be sure to tune in.

Piss on Fox Sports1 99COBRA2881's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmartin
    OK,, you started it. Today is supposed to be 77 in Kansas City. Next track event is March 23-25 at Heartland park. Get em ready to go!!
    Scott,
    Im almost ready to go but I have this funny feeling that Ive forgotten something.

lets get ready to rumble! scottmartin's Avatar

missing

Anthony, put that 2.3 turbo in there and get to the track!!

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456 12 27 ... LastLast