Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    White is the fastst color albino96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but do teh 03-04's have a different belt to drive the SC? Is there an inner belt that drives the water pump and AC? See pic;

http://www.68pony.com/me2/03Cobra_enginem.jpg

Someone posted here recently saying the factory 03-04 eaton will fit under the 96-98 hoods with a 2.9" (or thereabouts) pulley? KB should fit no different then?
    Yes the terms have 2 belts. One for the main stuff and one for the accessories. You can barely see it in that pic. I would guess it would fit under the hood. I think people say it is slightly taller than the eaton though. You may want to ask someone to measure it to compare.
    2005 Caddillac CTS-V - Stock
    2004 DSG Lightning. 6lb, posi ported blower, 4.10's and a bunch to go with it. 426/507
    2002 black Z06. AFR 205's, 232/236 cam, LT's, borla catback, RPM built trans and diff with 3.90's, 440/406 - SOLD
    2002 Green Kawasaki Ninja 250
    2007 Blue/White GSXR 600 - totalled

1996 crystal white cobra [Sold]
    Stock boost, king cobra clutch, MGW Shifter (orange), K&N FIPK II, Pioneer DEH-P6800MP (ipod), a banana , Mac o/r H, Flows, "extremely high flow cats," FRPP 4.10's, MM clutch Quadrant and Firewall adjuster, smoked blueovals + smoked side markers , MM c/c plates, FRPP 9mm wires, Raptor shift light, FRPP pedals, H&R SS, Nittos. 260/276.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra4v View Post
    I have a 1.5 KB on my 98 Cobra. I'm running 8# of boost and it puts down 360 rwhp and the rwtq is about the same. It's a street car so I pretty happy with the performance. The only downside of the unit, there is no inter-cooler option...no room to grow.
    Are you running any of that meth cooler or are you running just as it comes from KB? If so I was wondering about overheating issues or anything like that when operating it normaly or in traffic or for just cruising. I am wondering as I would still like to be able to drive it for pleasure and there is a car show that comes up yearly here where I live that is about 3 hours away and most of it is mountain driving and I would like to still be able to attend without breaking down on the way there. Any info appreciated.
    1996 Sold
    1997 Sold
    1998 Sold
    2003 Sold
    2006 Sold
    1966 Chevy C20

it wont over heat i run 12 psi and when cruising around in traffic even in 90*+ days any ways my methanol does not spray until there is load on the motor for example going into boost but just cruising in traffic or on highway drives it will be fine the water meth is only for when you are in boost
    1997 Cobra, Built motor, 1.5l KB @10psi, snow w/m injection, Long tubes full exhaust.

Premium Member
    ^^^ Thanks was just wondering since in mountain driving for instance you may have the motor under load but might not be going WOT.

you will be fine with out it but when you get a chance put a kit on they are nice also the water does a nice job of cleaning the valves, imrc and other internals

White is the fastst color albino96's Avatar
    I think I decided I will build my motor for the intercooled kb. Now that I work for Microsoft I will actually have some money to put into it.

SVT God
    Quote Originally Posted by albino96 View Post
    I think I decided I will build my motor for the intercooled kb. Now that I work for Microsoft I will actually have some money to put into it.
    Yes, but you wont have a soul left to enjoy your car.

Gray beard

As an ex-Intel 30 year veteran who butted heads with Microsoft a few times back in the day, I REALLY enjoyed that.

And don't tell Craig Mundie you know me. It will not help you.
    Mark W. Olson
    96 Cobra #1407
    See www.classictiger.com/mustang for mods

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by albino96 View Post
    I don't work for microsoft unfortunatley so I will have to stick with more of a basic kit lol. Does anyone know if whipple makes a screw blower for our cars or the new edge N/A Cobras?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123