Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pics of my new 335 35 17 Kuhmos!!!

I dont have pics of them on the car yet because I spent all day with a 2 lb hammer beating the inner fender well in and tweeking the exhaust. I still have to do a bit more beating tomorrow and take the car to the exhaust shop (might have to run turndowns but I hope not). They are massive and in the pic they are sitting beside a 315 nitto dr. They dwarf that tire all together . The actual size is 13 1/4" wide (sidewall to side wall), compared to the 11 3/4 (side wall to side wall) of the 315 nitto. They are also a half inch taller than the nittos. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill have pics of them on the car tomorrow.
    1997 SVT Cobra 4.56 gear/ T-56 6 speed/ 100 shot... Black on Black Coupe #3422 55,xxx mi
    Built February 25 1997
    Returned!
    Other Rides:
    2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Black/Silver, Muzzy 4-1, 7k mi
    1968 SWB C10 350 sbc, Weiand 142 sc, Muncie 4 speed, 4.11 gears, 4"/7" drop, 20" Eagle alloy wheels
    Previous Rides:
    1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme 307 v8 Black w/ burgundy bucket seats- 1996 Mustang GT Black on Black 5 speed (SOLD 1/07)
    1994 F150 5.0l 4x4 Auto, 31" AT's, 7" Lights mounted behind grill- 2006 Mustang GT Black on Black 5 speed (SOLD 5/07)
    2002 Silverado Z71 Ext cab, 7" lift, 37" procomp Xterrains- 2001 Jeep GC limited v8 AWD

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud 01SVTSnake's Avatar
    Massive tires lol. Price on their 17s isnt bad at all either
    2006 SRT-10 Viper Coupe
    2014 SVT Raptor Screw

Siiiiiiiick! Good luck getting them on bro lol.

Rio Red '94 Cobra 320hp/355tq
    2.1L Kenne Bell Blowzilla @ 6psi
    MAC O/R H-Pipe & Flowmaster 40's
    Eibach Prokit w/ Front & Rear Anti-Roll Bars

Quote Originally Posted by 01SVTSnake View Post
    Massive tires lol. Price on their 17s isnt bad at all either
    No not at all. The next closest 335 is the pirelli I think and they are nearly $450 a piece

Quote Originally Posted by busta View Post
    Siiiiiiiick! Good luck getting them on bro lol.
    Thanks lol. I was sooo wanting to drive it today with those on. Hopefully Ill have them on tomorrow by noon. Original plan was to use a 1/4" spacer but when the tire is on it fills the entire wheel well from in to out, and I dont want it going past the fender even the slightest. I think I about have it though.
    Last edited by Smoked SVT; 05-01-2009 at 12:01 AM.

Looks pretty sick ,I wish they were drag radials.I want 335 on my car but street tires won't do me any good. No one makes 335 drag radials for 17'' rim besides Hoosier but I don't want Hoosiers as they look like slicks and I'll most likely get pulled over very often.

Damn, be sure to post pics once you bolt those steamrollers on. How wide are the wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDown View Post
    I said ok give it a tug, she jerked it as hard as she could

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked SVT View Post
    Man those dwarf the 315.

1997 Cobra - 336rwhp/298tq, 03 Aviator long block with a few mods and a built IRS with 4:56's My build thread - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-97-cobra.html

Crazy SVT Poster
    Have have those in 315/35/17. They measure a solid 12+ inches wide while mounted on the rim. They look massive and yes, they dwarf my old 315 Nittos.

Tread rating is 180, traction AA, Heat A

I got mine through discount tire for something like $500 mounted and balanced.
    1998 Cobra coupe, Chrome Yellow / 4.10 gears, Nitto 315 Drag Radials, 17x9/17x10.5 Deep Dish Chrome Bullitts, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, 2 chamber Flows, BBK o/r H pipe, Steeda MILS, JLT RAI, FRPP B springs, Autolite 764s, FR500 Steering wheel, Bullit pedals, Bullit shift knob.

Crazy SVT Poster
    they look like they may be even worse for traction. Look at those huge gaps where no rubber is going to touch the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Furinox View Post
    they look like they may be even worse for traction. Look at those huge gaps where no rubber is going to touch the ground.
    Im waiting for the car to get done at the exhaust shop then Im going to get pics. I didnt buy these tires for better traction. Its my dd now since my contour died and I dont want to replace the tires as aften. If it was still my weekend car I would have bought some MT dr's. I just wanted the biggest tire I could get on there (this is it by the way lol) for looks.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical View Post
    Damn, be sure to post pics once you bolt those steamrollers on. How wide are the wheels?
    They are 17x10.5 03 cobra wheels. They really dont bulge that much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FI-Cobra View Post
    Man those dwarf the 315.
    Haha yes, yes they do

if i remember, my bfg kd 315/35/17's are 12.7 wide.that's a big tire man.

Certified in SVT by Ford Slow95Cobra's Avatar
    ...waitin' on pics.. it'll look mean hoss

2003 DSG Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Slow95Cobra View Post
    ...waitin' on pics.. it'll look mean hoss
    Yeh me too. I cant wait to try them out lol. I just talked to the exhaust guy and he said it might be 5 before hes done if he gets to it at all b/c I didnt have an appointment and hes trying to work me in.

Crazy SVT Poster
    dam those things are huge bro, i can't wait to see them on.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Furinox View Post
    I have basic bolt ons with 4.10 gears and I can say they grip pretty well.
    Rippin through the gears, I have no problems with traction. However, they of course won't hook as well dropping the clutch on a launch as a drag radial would.
    These are newly released and are supposed to be a direct competitor with the Falken Azenis 615 which is a very good street tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoked SVT View Post
    They are 17x10.5 03 cobra wheels. They really dont bulge that much at all.
    with such a high positive offset wheel like the 03 cobras, you should have a good shot at getting them to fit.

'97 Cobra: o/r h, Flowmaster original 40 series, 4.10's, Steeda clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster.

Do you even know what a Wawa is?

So i'd really like to know if there were ever pictures of this setup on a 10.5" wide wheel? Looking into 17x11.5's or 12's with these next summer. Pics?

It's just a GT...for now

Bolt-ons and 03 Cobra IRS equipped

I put a 335-35-17 hoosier drag on my 17x10.5 chrome cobra reps this past summer and they did not bulge much either. I honestly dont think you need 11's to run a 335 tire.

dude that is some MEAT! Cant wait to see installed pics

Triple Black 96 Cobra vert: Vortech V1 Supercharger, Hyper Coated FR500's, CDC Lightbar, Modified BBK intake, SCT SF3, Borla pro XS cat-back, Pypes o/r X-Pipe, 4.10's, Centerforce DF clutch, RAM billet flywheel, H&R SS's, Depo Projector Headlights w/6000k HIDs, 3000k's in Custom Dodge Dakota Fogs, MM subframes/CC Plate... Much more.

snuggle fest, mmmmm! Mystic-SVT's Avatar
    Talk about some serious rubber! Do you think you'll have to roll your fenders with these or is the car high enough to not have a rubbing issue?

Jeeeez haha those are gimungus! (I don't think I've ever even used that word before...)

Mounted pics asap!
    -Joe
    97 Cobra Starlight Black Pearl on black

Chassis & Suspension: Subframe Connectors, MM Steering Column Shaft, Alumimum Steering Rack Bushings, Bumpsteer Kit, X2 Balljoints, Caster/Camber Plates, Steeda Superlite Springs, Tokiko Illumina's, J&M Street LCA's, Steeda UCA's with rubber bushings, Steeda Rear Swaybar
    Drivetrain: 3.73's, aluminum driveshaft, Steeda Tri-ax on a Street/Strip T45 from thet45source, 03 cobra clutch, steeda quadrant & firewall adjuster
    Intake/Exhaust: WMS Intake, O/R X, Spintech Sportsman Street 3000's
    ..then COP swap, 1" spacers, 20% tint, shorty antenna, sequentials, clear corners, cobra floormats, Dallas Mustang Speed Cal, and lots of worn out parts that have been replaced...

Insane SVT Poster
    can you post a pic of your inner fenders after reworking them with the hammer?

Current: 2005 CTS-V : 2009 CTS4

My automotive calculators

How about an angled shot from the back - down low, then the same from the front?

They look pretty friggin wide though lol, makes your exhaust look tiny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast