Procharger VS Superchargerrebuild.com

What does it cost to replace a pulley shaft seal on an F1A?
    Procharger = $?
    Superchargerrebuild.com = $275 if I remember correctly?

Thanks
    Sig pic removed by Admin. Shrink it!

It was HUGE!

Sorry Bro.

[

they did work on mine and it worked out real well so i would go with them bro!
    p.s. what car is the f1a on and what numbers did it make at what boost?

It hasn't been on the car yet. Did you mean you used superchargerrebuilds.com or Procharger? thanks

supercharerrebuilds

you can but that seal at Autozone. i replaced mine myself for like $10 no leaks here

Quote Originally Posted by chip6990 View Post
    you can but that seal at Autozone. i replaced mine myself for like $10 no leaks here
    What is the part number you speak of? And how involved is this repair? thanks

it may take me a day to find the part #. all i done was unbolted the front, knocked the front seal out, and put the new one in. if you are mechanically inclined at all, you can do this. if i remember right, i called Procharger tech, and they told me the #

Crazy SVT Poster
    My P-1SC is starting to leak more and more, so its time for seals soon as well. I called up P/C and they wanted $400 to do the job because they told me they would not sell me seals

I'm obviously going to do it myself though, but I'm not sure whether to replace the input/output shaft seals along with the main seal on the case...what do you guys think? FWIW I pulled the discharge tube off recently and its dry, nothing working its way through the impellar, so I was just thinking of doing the main case seal.
    2002 V6 5-Speed
    307rwhp/300rwtq @ only 16*(Tuned by Realspeed Automotive in Bohemia, NY on a Mustang Dyno)

Procharger P-1SC @ 12psi, P&P Upper/Lower Intakes, PMAS-HPX 75 mm MAF from Justin@VMP, Accufab 70mm TB, 42# injectors, 310lph SVT Focus Pump, Flowmaster 40's True Duals, Pro5.0 Shifter, FRPP 4.10's, Detroit TruTrac, 3/8" Intake Spacer, Steeda Sport Springs, Autometer C2's: Boost, Oil Press and Water Temp, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk Pads, Alum Driveshaft

it may take me a day to find the part #. all i done was unbolted the front, knocked the front seal out, and put the new one in. if you are mechanically inclined at all, you can do this. if i remember right, i called Procharger tech, and they told me the #
    I appreciate the help. LMK what you find out. thanks

Leak

The seal behind the blower is 11625, Chicago Rawhide. I would not do the impeller seal on your own though. The impeller has to be removed ever so gently and there is a technique so you dont ruin a $1000 impeller. Another reason not to remove the impeller is it is perfectly balanced to spin 60,000+ rpm. Just by removing the impeller, if you dont ruin it, throws it way out of balance. So if the seal behind the impeller is leaking, send it to procharger and get it done right. Yes its a $400 repair, but most of is cost is labor. The seal behind the pulley my little sister could replace.

Thanks for the information. I'm pretty sure only the pulley shaft seal is leaking and not the impeller seal. With the head unit off of the car and holding it upright and then turning it upside down, a nice stream of oil will come out of the shaft area. The impeller side is nice and dry.
    Last edited by Hotrodvdog; 06-29-2009 at 04:36 PM.

SVT God
    replace it yourself. it's dumb to pay that much for something that costs less than 10 dollars and takes about 15 minutes to do.
    -96 Mystic Cobra: Built and blown.

Ok. I just ordered the seal through Advanced Auto Parts and should be here by tomorrow. The guy @ the counter said it's the National brand made by Chicago Rawhide. Is the seal just sandwiched in between the back plate and inner shaft? You guys really make it sound easy but I get nervous just thinking about working on a $3G part. LOL.
    Last edited by Hotrodvdog; 06-29-2009 at 05:51 PM.

SVT God
    no, it really is that easy. if you have common sense...

Just installed it. Pretty simple procedure but the old seal was hanging on for dear life! LOL Anyhow it eventually popped out. I put the new one in and voila! No more leaks. Now if only it was that easy to find a cheap fuel system for the greater boost level... Thanks for the help guys.

One more question. Are there torque specs for reinstalling the pulley? thanks