Possible to make the supercharger louder?

It may seem dumb but like many of you guys, I LOVE the sound of the supercharger...I haven't turned my radio on since I bought my Cobra lol.

I was wondering if it is possible to make the whine from the supercharger louder? If so, how is it done? I know there are various superchargers out there that are much louder than the Eaton (and I am actually looking into a KB) but for now I was just wondering.

Thanks for the input.

productive posts, LOLWUT? Fox-4's Avatar
    Imho, if you haven't put a smaller pulley on it, you need to! hahaha
    Perfect because of imperfections.
    We all are.
    Don't be afraid to show yourself as you really are.
    The world might judge you, talk shit about you, envy you, love you, hate you, but truth is: you are the ONLY responsible for your own path.
    Enjoy life

-Cristina Scabbia

E85 cheap.Tires expensive c6zhombre's Avatar
    +1 on the pulley. also removing the hood blanket and vent covers definitely makes it easier to hear
    2004 torch red coupe #1969
    whipple 2.3, E85
    built and tuned by 04sleeper

KB 2.2 is the loudest aftermarket TS, the newer and larger ones are pretty loud too. same with whipples; Vortech has one too, not too much info on those yet. pretty much can't go wrong. try changing the oil in the supercharger, did that to mine and it became a little louder and seemed better in general. remove insulation under the hood and cut the flaps off underneath the vents if u haven't already. gets more air out of there. hope that helps some. and def. get a pulley, tune and cold air.
    Mint Stock H/E -- $75 shipped
    IRS Toe-Links---- $60 shipped
    IRS Rear Brake Splash Shields--- $30 shipped
    IRS Rear Differential Mount--- $35 shipped
    EGR Valve w/ gasket---$30 shipped
    Blower to I/C Gasket---$30 shipped
    36mm Deep-Well Socket for IRS Halfshaft nut--$15 shipped

Please PM or Check the Market Section under Cobra Parts Buy/Sell-- Pics available of all parts. I have PayPal.

Texas; We'll kick ur ass! Blade Runner's Avatar
    Port the living f*** out of it, and weld the silencer holes shut.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0nxF5yVpb8"]YouTube- ported 03 cobra in car acceleration[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oojeDw6808"]YouTube- Ported Eaton Blower Whine[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by SID297 View Post
    That thread was almost as epic as the time LL beat up that guy who tried to steal his groceries on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 01Jes View Post
    BladeRunner has my respect. My respect doesn't mean shit but homeboy has big cajoņies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsReal93 View Post
    RDJ is my mannnn!

install an external speaker under the hood and duct tape the mic on top of the supercharger
    2003 COBRA-Tuned by BOB KURGAN
    I use a clutch
    Fastest No Nitrous/Manual Ported Eaton 03/04 Cobra
    9.91@ 138.76 w/ a 1.37 60'
    [email protected] in the 1/8

I Love Asian Girls!!! T-Pain808's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iBiTe03 View Post
    install an external speaker under the hood and duct tape the mic on top of the supercharger
    That is an awesome idea! hahaha
    2011 Silver SCrew Raptor, AirRaid CAI, SSW CatBack, 5% tint & 5* Tune.
    2003 Black Cobra 'Vert. CCW, Steggy Port, BilletFlow TB, Pullies, Etc... just ask.

I would also recommend putting a mic on the supercharger, then go home and put it on your Ipod! Then you can listen to it all the time!

Awesome idea!

Get an intake kit like a JLT. Port it. Spin it faster. If it's still not loud enough, do the above. ; )

2003 Cobra
    Zinc Yellow
    ===========

Air Induction - JLT Carbon Fiber Ram Air, Amsoil EaAu4090 filter, Dragon Throttle Body, Posi ported Dragon Plenum
    Supercharger - Posi Ported Eaton Supercharger 16.5 pounds of boost
    Cooling - 170* Reische Performance Thermostat, Lethal Performance Intercooler Coolant Reservoir, Afco Pro Series Heat Exchanger, LDC Head Cooling Mod
    Drivetrain - Tremec 26 spline input shaft, McLeod RST Twin Disk Clutch, McLeod Steel Flywheel, Fiore Micro-Click Firewall Adjuster, Level 2 T56 upgrade w/bronze pads, McLeod Clutch Quadrant, LPW Differential Cover, Billet Throwout Bearing Sleeve, LubeLocker Differential Gasket, MGW Shifter
    Fuel System - Dual Ford GT Pumps, Fore Dual Pump Hat, Sieman-Deka 63lb injectors, Dual FPDM, 8 gauge power wire upgrade
    Monitoring - Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges with SOS A-Pillar Gauge Pod with Raptor Shift Light, 3.5 bar Map Sensor, Hilton 16# Boost Overlay
    Exhaust - JBA 1 5/8" Headers, Borla 14858 Catback, MRT catted H-pipe
    Braking - 10th Anniversary Front Brake Calipers, G2 Painted Rear Brake Calipers, Hawk HPS brake pads, Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Full Tilt Boogie Racing Heavy Duty Front Rotors FT8000HD, Rear Rotors FT8200
    Suspension - Maximum Motorsports XL Subframes, Maximum Motorsports Chrome Caster Camber Plates, Maximum Motorsports Valved Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts, Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda Differential Bushings, Maximum Motorsports Rear Spring Isolators
    Pulleys - 2.90 Reichard Racing Non-slip Supercharger Pulley, 4# Metco Lower Crank Pulley, 3.5" Alternator Pulley, Metco Dual Bearing Idlers
    Ignition - TR7IX Stock Gapped at .035", Optima Red Top
    Rims&Tires - 1995 Cobra R Chrome Wheels 17x9 17x10.5, Nitto NT05 315/35 Rear Tires, Stock Eagle 275/40 Front Tires
    Tune - Custom tune, SCT Xcalibrator 3
    Windows - 35% Tint
    Bacon Detector - Valentine V1

Drain the oil, I bet she screams like a bitch!

Bawahahahahaha,might be sig material.
    Like others have said,remove blanket,intake,pulley,port.

Well for a little while

KnightOfTheOldRepublic Black Talon's Avatar
    Different belts can also increase the supercharger volume. Try a Dayco poly cog.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

change the inlet more air more whistle. on my 2.8hkb i have the behemoth and it sounds like a procharger, always whistling at idle and screams at wot

if you havent got rid of the stock intake yet, then do that. that will atleast bring the sound out some. also a smaller pulley/spinning the blower faster will make it louder. remove the blanket under the hood, as others have said. each one of those things will make the blower a little louder/be able to hear it a lil better after each mod.

if you have all of the above done, and STILL want it louder, the final option (other than chaning blowers entirely) would be to pull the blower off....send it to posi...and have it ported. this will make it louder as well. once you complete ALL of these, you will be left will a blower that screams! (and makes great power! lol)