Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

True Forged GT500 billet hood vent Group Buy is ON!

the Group Buy will be open till June 30th or until all 50 have been sold.
    here is THE very first final production set of GT500 hood vents with race mesh. these things are so beautiful i cant even explain it! TOP NOTCH craftsmanship that will not disappoint. put a set of these on your gt500 and the next meet you go to you everyone will to you!

the frames and baffle pieces are billet aluminum. the mesh is aluminum as well. the various pieces are available in various finishes so you can customize them however you like.

there WILL be a caddy style weave screen option available as well. i will post up pics as soon as we have them. i didnt want to delay this GB any further on account of those. you will be able to swap them out with the race mesh pictured below.

the race mesh will be included in ALL sets. the caddy style diamond mesh will be an optional purchase. they will likely also be made of aluminum. extra race mesh screens will be available for purchase as well in case you want black screens one day and polished screens the next

we are doing a run of 50 sets! a few online vendors have expressed interest in grabbing some quantities to resell. you will definitely get THE best pricing if you purchase them in THIS group buy. it is possible that there may not be another.

these are extremely expensive to make and we need to make a minimum of 50 sets.

pricing on these will be $300 (plus shipping) in the standard brushed aluminum finish. (after the GB is over, pricing will be $350 per set).

a minimum $100 non-refundable deposit will be required in order to get in on the GB and be able to choose exactly which finishes you want.

orders pre-paid in full will receive FREE shipping. Shipping to the 48 will run about $15 via fedex ground with insurance.

**FINISH OPTIONS**
    there are 3 parts that you may have custom finished. they are:
    1. the top side frame

2. the mesh screen

3. the baffle piece

the piece the baffle screws onto will come in flat black (standard) so you dont see a nice big metal piece under the mesh. 99.99% of it is covered by the hood blanket so no need for anything fancy there.

you are welcome to have all three pieces above custom finished or just certain parts, your $, your choice

Brushed Aluminumsince billet aluminum scratches very easily and these parts change hands multiple times, we offer brushed finish on our performance parts as a standard finish.

PowdercoatingGloss black and Satin black are THE two most popular powdercoating options with 99% typically going with satin black. in fact, gloss black may take longer to get done, depending on how many people order it. other colors are available as well but they will cost more.

satin black or gloss black will be $10 per part. there are 3 parts you can have powdercoated, and they come in pairs. example, if you just wanted the mesh to be done in satin black, it will be $20 for the pair. if you want all three parts done in satin black, it will be $60 for the 6 parts.

Polishinghighly polished pieces will be the same price as powdercoating. $10 per part.

Chrome and Black Chrome
    are available but they are VERY expensive. ive had a set of 03 cobra hood vents done in chrome and they didnt come out too great due to the porous metal. at least with the frames. the mesh came out just fine.

Candy Colors looks just like anodizing but is actually a tinted powdercoating. colors available are red and blue. i need to get price quoting on these but they will be at least $100 (minimum order amount).

OEM paint matchedi do a lot of work with a local painter who has oem paint matched many ice tanks and wheels for me. the cost of the paint varies with the color. they would be at least $100 to $150 to paint a set.

we can also sandblast them-ready for paint for $20 a set.

Payment MethodsWe can accept payments via check, money order, credit card, Paypal and cash. there will be a % to cover CC fees. 3% for Visa/MC, 4% for Amex. Paypal also charges 3% unless you send it as an echeck or as "personal payment/money owed".

Shipping
    standard shipping will be via Fedex Ground. expedited shipping is available. We can ship to Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico via USPS priority mail for an additional charge.

the Group Buy will be open till June 30th or until all 50 have been sold.
    you may EMAIL me at [email protected] or call at 818-357-2531 to discuss your order. please do not send PMs as my inbox fills up on an hourly basis.

here are some quick videos we took doing an install of one side. please ignore the people in the background yapping away. we didnt realize they would be audible on the video. and it was already midnight and too late to go through it all again. which is also why some of it is a little dark.

Part 1
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8mMAgOJEB8"]YouTube- Step 1.AVI[/nomedia]

Part 2
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdC29aupWQ&feature=channel"]YouTube- Step 2.AVI[/nomedia]

Part 3
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwujIvL8OT0&feature=channel"]YouTube- Step 3.AVI[/nomedia]

here are some still shots. next week im going to have one side powdercoated in satin black but i may not have any pics of them installed on the hood.

the basic hand tools you'll need for the install. in addition to the extra set of hands and an allen key for the studs. you should also use some blue loctite on the studs and screws.

this is the caddy style weave we will be going with. they will be orientated so that the squares form a diamond shape

ok. its 4:30 am now AND we're moving to our new house today, tomorrow and saturday while trying to get ready for the HUGE ford show this weekend. so i might not be able to reply to everyone quickly, but i will

if you'll be at the Fab Fords Forever show this weekend at Knotts, stop by the Red/white GT500 on 20" Chicanes and check out these hood vents in person

hopefully within the next week or so, we will have our caddy style mesh to take pics of IN the frames.

Look great Steve!! Congrats

If my GT500 didn't go to a new home, I'd be all over them.

Jay
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0
    Gotta Have It Green
    Roush Blown, JLT Big Air, ARHeaders, Brent hughes DTPracing tune 725 RWHP.

We won't sell a part we won't put on our own car!
    Join us on FACEBOOK
    JLT Mustang Cold Air Intakes
    ASK ME FOR YOUR SVTP DISCOUNT CODE
    Call or E-mail me for your needs!
    Jay Tucker @ 757 335 1940 or [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun@AED View Post
    I tell customers HP gains from tune only is typically 5-7HP Peak, but we have seen as much as 15 from tune-only.
    Wow, we see 30 from CAI and tune on a 5.0, but keep reading intakes don't make power. LOL
    The COLD AIR INTAKE of Choice in every 5.0 shootout, 2010 (MM&FF), 2011 (5.0) & 2012 (5.0)!!
    More then JLT intakes, check the web site for your Mustang needs

Hmm, I'd like a set but powdercoated silver since my Alloy GT500 has silver stripes. Is that possible?

www.2008GT500.blogspot.com detailed list of mods and associated pics
    2013 TVS powered
    Griggs torque arm
    Widened Alcoa's

Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    Hmm, I'd like a set but powdercoated silver since my Alloy GT500 has silver stripes. Is that possible?
    yes no problem but the shop has a minimum set up fee of $80. so unless you can find another person to share the cost, they'll be pretty expensive for you. id recommend going with brushed finish since it matches silver so nicely.

I know I am probably stretching this a little far but what can you do for a 09 KR carbon fiber hood. The vents are nice on the CF hood but the products you have for the GT500 hood is just plain awesome. A satin vent I think would set this thing off or a powder coated red ones. Just asking. The KR is a black on black model. Thanks
    Last edited by cobrkilrl; 04-22-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrkilrl View Post
    I know I am probably stretching this a little far but what can you do for a 09 KR carbon fiber hood. The vents are nice on the CF hood but the products you have for the GT500 hood is just plain awesome. A satin vent I think would set this thing off or a powder coated red ones. Just asking. The KR is a black on black model. Thanks
    yes we possibly can but we need to have another thread for that. and it was also be dependent on how successful these are.

I'm down for a set powdercoated satin black. I'm sick of the plastic vents.

Let me know when you're ready to take the orders.
    2015 Premium GT: Magnetic + 401A + GT PP + Recaros + Nav + RPA

They look great!

Have a question requarding the mesh, is the mesh raised off of the backing plate? If not it might be a pain to clean the holes where the mesh is against the backing plate.

Also do you have any pics with the caddy mesh would like to see if I want that mesh or not?

Thanks
    2007 Shelby GT500 black/tungsten crimson int.,nav.
    -2.9 Whipple

Authorized Vendor Carbon Driven's Avatar

My Social Networking

Add Carbon Driven on Facebook
    Looks great but wont the aluminum scratch the top of the hood at the points of contact? Cant really tell how it sits from the video. Perhaps a thin rubber gasket would help. Just thinking that if they are ever taken off, like to go back to stock or ???, the top will possibly be scratched.

Hey Steve do you have a set of black satin all ready to go? I REALLY need a set before this Sunday's Knotts Berry Farm Fabulous Fords Forever show. I have my Shelby entered and this would be a great addition to it. Im local so I can drive by on Sat and pick them up.
    Last edited by Carbon Driven; 04-23-2010 at 01:58 AM.
    2015 GT Premium Performance Pack Ordered 5.21.14, Purchased 12.01.2014

2001 Cobra Vert #1439 of 3384. Orig. owner. Fully forged built supercharged engine by L&R Custom Engines & GTR High Performance!

2009 Shelby GT500 Vapor Metallic Silver, Air Lift Track Pack air bag suspension,R1 Custom Engraved Rotors, OPP 1/4 pop out windows, Raxiom 2013 Sequential tail lights, (Magnaflow Exhaust) and 2013 front end conversion

Once again, I'm in Steve. Powdercoated satin black on every piece. I'll call with my cc info when I get home from work.

Nice job. Thanks for doing this.

Tob

Authorized Vendor Carbon Driven's Avatar

My Social Networking

Add Carbon Driven on Facebook
    Steve, your PM box is full. I need to know if I can get a set by tomorrow in black satin.

Thanks

Crazy SVT Poster
    +1 - I think the brushed would ultimately look better with silver stripes on the alloy/silver. I put other brushed next to stripes and it was almost dead-on

+1 - what about scratching hood? Would like to buy, but wouldn't want to scratch hood...
    '68 buick riviera (495 cubic inches)
    '87 Notch - 4 to 8 conversion
    a 2nd '87 notch - still a 4 for now...
    '92 mr2
    '94 gt w/everything (505 rwhp, 495 rwtq)
    '05 ACR SRT-4
    '08 GT500 - alloy w/silver 302 of 314

I'm currently fitting my new 3.6LC under my stock hood, my question is. Do they extend into the engine compartment any deeper than the factory units? I want a set Steve but I have some really tight tolerances...I'll take a set if they are the same! Just like the ones pictured above!

SHIFTER KING

BTW, Great job of getting a long over due product to the maket place! Kudos for all your hard work Steve!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdsnk46 View Post
    I'm currently fitting my new 3.6LC under my stock hood, my question is. Do they extend into the engine compartment any deeper than the factory units? I want a set Steve but I have some really tight tolerances...I'll take a set if they are the same! Just like the ones pictured above!
    nothing a grinder couldnt fix

Steve I'm in on a set too.
    I'll figure out what finishes I want and give you a call.
    Mark

2008 GT500+

I'm in for a set, Top Piece and Mesh in Black. Let me know what I need to do. They look Great!!

2013 Focus ST Performance Blue
    2012 Golf R Carbon Steel Grey Metallic Daily Driver

Look awesome! Definitely want a set.

Its about time somebody finally did this. I'm in!

steve, i would like my set to be EXACTLY like the prototype, brushed with that mesh and not the caddy mesh and the only part i want coated is the lower piece you said you are going to do anyway.

will there be interchangeable inserts in the future?

Vantage, the Shelby replacement
    93 coupe, T76 Hellion Turbo..... 713/738 to the wheels on 93 octane with 19 lbs of boost

great news! i just received 5 complete sets of these tonight! all are in brushed finish and look incredible. i was planning on taking all five to the powdercoaters tomorrow to be done in black (while doing a bunch of other parts) but if someone wants to grab a set as they currently are call me first thing in the morning 818-357-2531 and ill be able to mail them out TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by brisk_tea View Post
    +1 - I think the brushed would ultimately look better with silver stripes on the alloy/silver. I put other brushed next to stripes and it was almost dead-on

+1 - what about scratching hood? Would like to buy, but wouldn't want to scratch hood...
    i agree, brushed and silver go together like peas and carrots.

unless you have butterfingers during the install you neednt worry about scratching your hood. these are precision fit. they wont be moving around at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rdsnk46 View Post
    as mentioned, you can always fix that with the grinder lol. the only part that extends lower than stock is the baffle part. you dont have to install that part if you dont want to. and you can install it later if you want to. its held in with some machine screws and is installed last. or, you can grind it down shorter. im sure i can have my builder do this as well if you (or anyone else) doesnt have access to the proper tools to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlineHP View Post
    Steve I'm in on a set too.
    I'll figure out what finishes I want and give you a call.
    Mark
    thanks for calling the other day mark. im sorry i didnt get to call you back. i will try to do so today/tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tob View Post
    Once again, I'm in Steve. Powdercoated satin black on every piece. I'll call with my cc info when I get home from work.

Nice job. Thanks for doing this.

Tob
    good talking to you today Tob. i passed on your compliments to my builder to tell the machinist

i was chatting with Tob on the phone today. he is a machinist and was telling me that he can see just in the pics, the quality of the machining and design that has gone into these.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt d View Post
    steve, i would like my set to be EXACTLY like the prototype, brushed with that mesh and not the caddy mesh and the only part i want coated is the lower piece you said you are going to do anyway.

will there be interchangeable inserts in the future?
    no prob sarge! i figured you'd want a black set to match your stripes and wheels but whatever you want brother! oh and i need those stock vents back asap lol. you'll be replacing them soon enough with some brushed billet vents

ill have 10 more sets in the next few days and many, many more next week. ive already talked to a few retailers/dealers who plan to pick up a few sets so grab them while you can at this low introductory price. show season is right around the corner and the last you'd want to do is call me to get a set and im all out. it happens ALL the time with the 03 cobra hood vents

call me at 818-357-2531, PM me here or email me at [email protected] today

you are right, do the bezels in black to match but leave the screen brushed.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt d View Post
    you are right, do the bezels in black to match but leave the screen brushed.
    well my big mouth just cost me some cash

i KNEW you would reply to this thread right away lol. since its about 2pm there right now right? ive got Kabul and Baghdad as two of the world clock settings on my iphone for you guys over in the sandbox

Aw shucks, now the wait is killing me! I wanna be the first in all satin black - my camera is jumping out of the bag as it wants to see these works of art as badly as I do!

Tob

Are you still doing the caddy mesh, if so any pics? Also is this mesh aluminum or stainless?

Thanks

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast