Can I get a KB WooWee! Jomo1994z71's Avatar

Just did the Anti-Venom Mod for the T-56, WOW!

Guys,
    Just got the Anti-Venom mod done on my T-56. Very happy with the results.
    It's incredible how the tranny feels with the Pennzoil Synchromesh and the two washers. Just wanted to let you guys know how stoked I am and am kicking myself in ARSE for not doing this over the last few years. I'm off to bang gears.
    Here's a pic of the washers I used. 2 of them were used. The mechanic had to loosen 4 bolts to tilt the tranny a little to get to it, but cost me 1/4 hour of labor. The car shifts more smooth and isn't sloppy, it just feels smoother in every gear. Thanks ROADSTR6 for posting this wonderful thread.
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...hifts-try.html

#7000 of 8,394
    1 of 170 Oxford White Coupes with Parchment Interior
    Mods: KB 2.2 with 3.0 Reichard Racing (17psi), KB BAP, 60# Injectors, Mafia, Billetflow Idlers, JLT RAI, NGK TR7IXs, LFP Dual Pass H/E, 170* Reische Performance Thermostat, Even Flow Head Cooling Mod, True Forged Intercooler Tank, Spec 3+, Spec Steel FW, 26 spline input shaft, MGW Orange Shifter, T-56 Anti-Venom Mod, 4.10s, Fiore Firewall Adjuster, UPR Triple Hook Quadrant, MM Steering Rack Bushings, MM FLSFCs, MM IRS Bushings, BF IRS Brace, Bassani Catted X with Borla Stingers, 315/35/17 Nitto Drs on 17X10.5 replicas out back, SOS A-Pillar Gauge Pod with Speedhut Boost & Coolant Gauge, 6000K Dual Beam HIDs, Raptor Shift Light in A/C Vent, BBS RKs recoated Chrome...awating tires
    Tuned by Brad at XXX Motorsports

hmmm never heard of it. Glad it worked.

Nice. I hear of the Vette guys using that mod, but very few cobra's.
    Born on 6/28/02...#617 of 5082...1 of 154~Mineral Grey Verts -- SOLD!
    Magnaflow Catback, MGW ShortShifter, K&N FIPK2, MM FLSFC, Fiore Firewall and Clutch Quadrant, Spec 2 Clutch, Spec Flywheel, CDC Lightbar, Lethal TOB Retainer

2006 C230 sport -- Stock FOR SALE

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ml#post9960784

I need to do this one of these days.

good read looks like I need to do this when our lift gets in.

NASM Personal Trainer SVT03Chris's Avatar
    Never heard of this either. Hmm..

Glad you like it Joe!
    -- NASM Certified Personal Trainer --

Kenne Bell -- E85 -- Built Solid Axle -- SPEC -- MGW -- FORE -- Lethal Performance -- FRPP -- Bassani -- H&R -- Speedhut -- LFP -- American Muscle -- Borla -- Toyo -- JLT -- Bilstein -- Speed of Sound -- HID GUY -- Saleen -- BFGoodrich -- BMR --

i gotta do this before i get back to the track, thanks for the input bro!

2003 Cobra 3.4 Whipple on e85
    2010 F150 Lariet

SVT God
    Wow glad it worked reading the thread know.

Installing L&M heart 04MystiCobra's Avatar
    Premium Member
    subn
    2004 Mystichrome
    #1012/3768 04 Cobra
    #258/1010
    Born 12/22/03

Just called and NAPA has them in stock now. Gonna do it next weekend probably

Get us some more vids!!!
    Cobra Dyno.......Exhaust Compilation.......The Complete How to Cut Your Stock Cobra Springs Thread
    ....................2004 Cobra.................................................. .....................1974 Bronco

^ how did u ask them, lol i called up there and he wanted to know what car it goes too etc lol
    1195 of 1896 - VERT - 5.0 teksid - hellion t76 - crower cams- Full Cooling Mods - 4" dp - 105lb inj -div x 2000hp fuel system - sct maf - built Mach 1 sra 4.30 gears- built 4r70w- front upr coilovers 175lb/rear upr coil overs - ais meth injection- 4pnt bar - NGK -

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCOBRA86 View Post
    ^ how did u ask them, lol i called up there and he wanted to know what car it goes too etc lol
    Napa specific part # 704-1357

Crazy SVT Poster
    Any pic on this mod?.

Quote Originally Posted by LIKE IT View Post
    Any pic on this mod?.
    if you click the link towards the end of OP's post, it leads back to the original thread....which includes pics.

bout time you did the mod! def one of my fav mods that i have done so far!

It's weird to hear everyones reactions after doing this mod. Some say it did absolutely nothing, while others report it being night and day. I'll have to do this one of these days and see for myself. After all, the T-56 isn't the easiest shifting transmission...
    2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
    2005 GT Prem- Sold
    1990 5.0 GT- Sold
    1989 5.0 GT- Sold

All the Terminator Color Threads-
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...r-threads.html

Quote Originally Posted by wjk View Post
    It's weird to hear everyones reactions after doing this mod. Some say it did absolutely nothing, while others report it being night and day. I'll have to do this one of these days and see for myself. After all, the T-56 isn't the easiest shifting transmission...
    Not everyone's setup is the same...
    2003 Sonic Blue Cobra - 302VT Billet Stroker - Crower Stage III - Kenne Bell 2.8LC - MPH Behemoth Inlet - Accufab Twin 75mm - 3.25"/6lb lower - Custom RAI - JLT 110mm MAF - 1-7/8" x 3" Kooks LTs - JBA 3" SS Catback - DSS lvl 5s - Detroit TrueTrac Diff. - FRPP 3.55 - MM K-member - PST Carbon Fiber Drive shaft - FRPP 80lb Injectors - Fore Triple Hat - Triple Walbro GSS342 - Fore FPR - Fore Fuel Filter - 24.76psi - E85 Tuned by Bob Kurgan

On the Dyno at Bob Kurgan's
    Terminator on Dyno at Kurgan's

Crower Cams:
    Cammed Cobra Idle

Walk Around:
    Cammed Cobra Walk Around

I did one washer at first (.040") and felt no difference. Then did added another washer (total .080") and still felt no difference so I removed them both.

IMO, if your clutch is adjusted properly to begin with then this mod is useless. But it is a band-aid fix for those who do have their clutch adjusted properly via quadrant/firewall adjuster/freeplay kit.
    Built Ford Tough

New c/b coming, i`m going to do this when I have my car on my friends lift swapping them out.

I notice all the WOWs. So, I ran out and got 2 of washers. I felt no change.

Quote Originally Posted by MVD View Post
    I did one washer at first (.040") and felt no difference. Then did added another washer (total .080") and still felt no difference so I removed them both.r
    IMO, if your clutch is adjusted properly to begin with then this mod is useless. But it is a band-aid fix for those who do have their clutch adjusted properly via quadrant/firewall adjuster/freeplay kit.
    Me either

Quote Originally Posted by GodStang View Post
    Not everyone's setup is the same...
    Came that conclusion after I wasting my time doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by MVD View Post
    I did one washer at first (.040") and felt no difference. Then did added another washer (total .080") and still felt no difference so I removed them both.

I totally agree with the proper clutch adjustment/setup, but I still felt a nice improvement in the ease of shifting anyway. I guess it's better to state that this mod will NOT be a perfect solution if you don't already have your clutch setup correctly.

Crazy SVT Poster 03zincyellowsvt's Avatar
    i did it and i noticed a big difference of easy of shifting

03 zinc yellow svt ,

26 spline input shaft,
    01 Intake
    Glenns Performance Sleeper sumped tank fuel system
    98 GT SRA 4.10s eaton tru trac
    Centerforce DYAD Twin Disc
    Mcleod SFI Bellhousing

Crazy SVT Poster
    I am just wondering why everyone is using copper washers for the Anti-Venom mod?

Any explaination on this?
    03 Cobra Self Port Matched AF TB & PL, Self Ported Inlet/Outlet Eaton, 2.80 Upper, Kooks LTs, HF Cats, MF CB, CF Stage II, Built+ IRS(Black Pill), 3.73s, QA1s 12 Way, Shock Tower Brace, FLSFC, 6 Pt. Cage, Cooper RS3-S 275/35R18 on FR500 18x9, Toyo R888 on Custom Spec'd CCWs, FR D/S Rotors, SCT Tuned. 464/445 on MD.
    04 Cobra Kinda Dark Blueish.
    08 GT(FR500S)

Quote Originally Posted by DocB View Post
    I am just wondering why everyone is using copper washers for the Anti-Venom mod?

Any explaination on this?
    The original intent of the washers was to be used as a drain plug gasket, thus they will not leak. So feel free to use a plain steel washer but it is going to drip trans fluid.

with the antivenom mod and this mod it made my shifts at 6200 feel like shifts at 1500.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...tch-cable.html

For those that havent tried or heard of this its another excellent mod. amazing difference! warning u enter boost much much faster.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-solenoid.html

Those are a couple i have done with amazing results.
    Keep it (SIC)

Quote Originally Posted by disasterpiece83 View Post
    with the antivenom mod and this mod it made my shifts at 6200 feel like shifts at 1500.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...tch-cable.html

For those that havent tried or heard of this its another excellent mod. amazing difference! warning u enter boost much much faster.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-solenoid.html

Those are a couple i have done with amazing results.
    Agreed.