Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Authorized Vendor Modular Racing's Avatar

My Social Networking

Add Modular Racing on Facebook

The NEW MMR RTS and STR intake manifolds for 96/98 Cobra or Lincoln Mark 8 B heads>>

It is finally here! The MMR RTS (RTS= RPM- Turbo - Supercharger) and STR (Street n/a) manifold. The new RTS and STR has been in the making and testing for 3 years and has shown huge gains when used in Forced induction applications, primarily due to its short runner and large plenum.

The B head has long been know to insiders to be one of the highest flowing heads available, its downfall was lack of available manifolds, this has all changed now and the "step child" B head is pushed back to the top of the pack!

MMR RTS Manifold Specs:
    100% US Made
    1" Thick Mounting Flange for zero warp fit!
    4.8" Runner Length (perfect for high RPM , Turbos or superchargers) 7" for STR
    Tapered runners to increase velocity @ low RPM
    16lbs lighter than factory Manifold
    Deletes IMRC runner controls and keeps ports clean
    Huge Gains on N/A (high RPM), turbo and S/C application
    Accepts factory TB and Cable
    Accepts factory or aftermarket fuel Rails
    Clears Factory Hood
    Incudes all factory vacume provisions (not shown- on rear of manifold)
    Uses Factory Cylinder head to manifold Gaskets
    Will support up to 2000 HP in forced induction applications and 850+ in N/A and Nitrous applications
    Outflows HCI Intake by over 18% per cylinder!
    Runner angle maintained from plenum to cylinder head for perfect port angle and transition

Retail $1199 RTS (limited time introductory offer)
    Retail $1399 STR (high RPM n/a) (limited time introductory offer)

Options:

Remote IAC kit $79.99

DYNO on corral member "danh9250" - 23psi stock heads and cams 673hp/557tq

www.modularmotorsportsracing.com 1-877-MOD-POWR
    Precision Engineered Modular Engines and Components, WORLD RECORD HOLDER 6.02 @ 246.89, WORLDS FASTEST GT500 [email protected] , WORLDS FASTEST 5.0 TiVCT COYOTE 7.02@202, 5 speed Record holder-8.99@154

Rated Top 10 Mustang of 2011- MM&FF Magazine Jan 12'

um....

any before/after dyno graphs?
    Idle video and take off!
    Carburetor Swap Build Thread
    Carb'd & Cammed Modular 4v Cobra
    2870lbs in FULL street trim
    Murdered C6 Corvette

yea still waitin on those
    1997 Mustang Cobra
    -Catless X-Pipe
    -Flomaster Dumps
    -Eibach Pro-Kit
    -much much more to come!

My Social Networking

There is a dyno sheet attached, unfortunately he did not have a before test because it was a new combination (in a 93 notchback) but we will continue adding them as we and our customers test some different combinations. So far our testing has been great for the s/c cars, the n/a cars will pick up on peak HP but will loose some torque down low which is to be expected with an aggresive short runner such as this.

We will keep the dyno sheets coming so stay tuned!

Last edited by Modular Racing; 07-21-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Not looking to get one now, but when I equip the engine with a more aggressive set-up, will look into this. Subscribing.
    Chuck Norris and Mr T. got into a GT-R and drove to a bar. The bar instantly exploded as that much AWESOME can't be contained in one place.

Insane SVT Poster
    1400 seems a bit steep to gain a bit of peak hp (where the SN doesn't really need it) and lose some low end torque (where they do need it). Looks to be a home run for the FI crowd though.
    1997 SVT Mustang Cobra -->
    Sold March 2010 - Gone but not forgotten

2003 SVT Mustang Cobra -->
    Purchased 4/3/2010

Well..do you have any graph comparisons on any of the engines you put these manifolds on?? If so, what are the specs on the engines used for comparison?

I'm just curious, because if you are claiming huge gains..I would assume you had graphs to compare?

673hp/557tq w/ 23psi just doesn't sound extremely impressive. and to have the power fall off so fast after peak as well.

P.S. My intent is to not 'bash' or be rude, I am just genuinely looking for answers and data ...it is so easy to be skeptical of $1k+ manifolds when information is so hard to come by.
    Last edited by Chris _Scott; 07-22-2010 at 03:14 AM.

My Social Networking

ttt

guess not then :/

My Social Networking

Sorry , didnt mean to skip over your post, I just handle the advertising here, I have forwarded your request to the tech dept. If you need a quicker answer or if you have tech question please feel free to call, we are always here to help.

Cari
    MMR

SVT God
    I would of definitely considered this intake, but the lack of before and after dyno's are whats held me back. Any company that sells a product this expensive lets you know a ballpark figure. Please get the before and after info up ASAP and I bet you may have more sales.

98 Cobra, Built shortblock w/ Manley Rods, Manley Pistons, Custom front inlet B head intake, Turbonetics 78mm turbo, NASVT ported/built heads, Magnaflow Catback, SCT MAF w/ MAFia, 80lbs injectors, sumped tank w/ Weldon external pump, Built T56 w/ MGW, Fidanza flywheel, Spec stage 3+ clutch, Detroit Locker 31 spline diff, Moser Axles, Eibach Sprotlines no isos, Tokico 5 ways, UPR K-member kit, 03 Cobra interior swap w/ in dash DVD monitor and all billet pieces, Saleen Wheels, Kaenen S281 wing, tinted lights and fogs

Coming Soon- Tune done by Bob Kurgan and E85 Conversion

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by 94venomV8 View Post
    I would of definitely considered this intake, but the lack of before and after dyno's are whats held me back. Any company that sells a product this expensive lets you know a ballpark figure. Please get the before and after info up ASAP and I bet you may have more sales.
    We have released quite a few before and after #'s but we have been letting our customers results speak for themselves, mainly becuase there are so many combos and different results, most of the cars we have tested have picked up 38-45 peak HP with only minor torque loss below 3000 rpm (less than 9hp in a foced induction application) Simply put they work but the results vary as with an modification. We will be trying to get some before and after dyno's posted up soon of some more common combos so stay tuned, thank you!

You also mentioned a product "this expensive", as a fyi a new intake from ford with fuel sells for what this item is selling for, a full sheetmetal manifold such as this usally cost $2999 through a company like Hogan, again just a comparison to put price into perspective and in no way a argument.

If you have questions regarding your specific combo please call me, I would be happy to take some time with you and tell you the advantages and disadvantages.

Mark

MMR
    Last edited by Modular Racing; 07-28-2010 at 02:44 PM.

SVT God
    I understand and I am not disputing the price but simply saying to drop the cash I need more info. Could you please direct me to where the info your talking is that you released with the dyno numbers of setup's? I havent seen any before and after dyno numbers except the guy on corral that made the thread, but we know how that thread turned out so lets not go there lol.

Reason I am asking is I keep hearing how this is so good for FI motors, I currently am putting a turbo and built motor in my car and would like to know a approx. amount of gain I could see over the stock intake. Obviously there is variability and I am not asking for exact numbers but could you at least give me a ball park of what I would gain on the car, here are some details

Built shortblock, ported heads with FR500 valvetrain and valves, 9:1 comp., 70mm turbo with .96A/R @ about 20psi, No A/C to turn, full fuel system, blah blah blah. With that being said its a pretty common setup really so what could I expect over the stock intake? I would also like to know peak as well as down low loss/gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Modular Racing View Post
    We have released quite a few before and after #'s
    I have looked and failed to find the graphs you are speaking of..

most of the cars we have tested have picked up 38-45 peak HP
    Again I ask...what kind of cars/engines were these tested on??

I'm sorry, I am trying to find answers, but for months all I get are the same roundabout answers...

My Social Networking

I think you mis-understood (no big deal), we did not say anything about our own dynographs above ?? We said we have released a bunch of OUR before and after #'s (not graphs) and we would be releasing our customers before and afters graphs. (IE the 97 Cobra here recently, owned by a local customer) this car with nothing more than the RTS made 49 more peak HP at 6900 RPM, these findings were added to some of the forums. This car lost less than 12 HP down low and peaked at just over 600 @ 14psi. This is just one of many cars that we have tested, again we have decided to not post our graphs because there are simply to many variables. A short runner manifold is not rocket science, they simply move the powerband upwards , just like a camshaft. You mention the thread on corral, we were actually somewhat pleased with this thread, and suprised that this intake was put on such a mild n/a combo and still made more HP. As you can imaginge if a mild n/a combo picks up 19 peak HP, imagine if you will how the manifold does when used in the proper way it was designed (for heavily modified n/a apllication in that customers case with the STR) or a supercharged or turbo charged version with the RTS.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

For those that have not seen some of the other threads this intake will produce 40-50 more HP on most Forced induction cobra's making in the 550-650 range, this HP comes from the higher flowing shorter runners and our IMRC deleted design. This product has been so well tested (by us and our customers ) , and we stand behind this product so strongly that would offer a full refund (once the product was returned of course) for any customer that did not make the #'s we claim (of course with a proper tune)!

MMR

Last edited by Modular Racing; 07-30-2010 at 02:05 PM.

SVT God
    I think you mis-understood (no big deal), we did not say anything about our own dynographs above ?? We said we have released a bunch of OUR before and after #'s (not graphs) and we would be releasing our customers before and afters graphs. (IE the 97 Cobra here recently, owned by a local customer) this car with nothing more than the RTS made 49 more peak HP at 6900 RPM, these findings were added to some of the forums. This car lost less than 12 HP down low and peaked at just over 600 @ 14psi. This is just one of many cars that we have tested, again we have decided to not post our graphs because there are simply to many variables. A short runner manifold is not rocket science, they simply move the powerband upwards , just like a camshaft. You mention the thread on corral, we were actually somewhat pleased with this thread, and suprised that this intake was put on such a mild n/a combo and still made more HP. As you can imaginge if a mild n/a combo picks up 19 peak HP, imagine if you will how the manifold does when used in the proper way it was designed (for heavily modified n/a apllication in that customers case with the STR) or a supercharged or turbo charged version with the RTS.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

For those that have not seen some of the other threads this intake will produce 40-50 more HP on most Forced induction cobra's making in the 550-650 range, this HP comes from the higher flowing shorter runners and our IMRC deleted design. This product has been so well tested (by us and our customers ) , and we stand behind this product so strongly that would offer a full refund (once the product was returned of course) for any customer that did not make the #'s we claim (of course with a proper tune)!

MMR

This post is where I have the problem. Even with a FI motor that is making 600hp its still losing 12 hp down low which by down low I assume you mean below 6000rpm. As my car is a street car can you explain why it would be smart of me to spend that money on something that will lose power in the range that the car will be in 99.9% of the time. I am trying to have you sell me on it, but just can't justify spending that cash on something that will lose power (even on the street version) where I like to have the power at. I am never going to spin my motor to 8000 rpm's and when you think about it these motors rev pretty fast so the time the motor will even be in the 6000-7000 range will be a second at most. I am not trying to get in a pissing match but would really just like good info on it as there arent many options for these cars. Is there any version you offer that will not lose power? It seems that NASVT's graphs dont lose any power down low but still pick up the power up top like yours. And his intakes are 1/3 the cost of yours.

My Social Networking

This post is where I have the problem. Even with a FI motor that is making 600hp its still losing 12 hp down low which by down low I assume you mean below 6000rpm. As my car is a street car can you explain why it would be smart of me to spend that money on something that will lose power in the range that the car will be in 99.9% of the time. I am trying to have you sell me on it, but just can't justify spending that cash on something that will lose power (even on the street version) where I like to have the power at. I am never going to spin my motor to 8000 rpm's and when you think about it these motors rev pretty fast so the time the motor will even be in the 6000-7000 range will be a second at most. I am not trying to get in a pissing match but would really just like good info on it as there arent many options for these cars. Is there any version you offer that will not lose power? It seems that NASVT's graphs dont lose any power down low but still pick up the power up top like yours. And his intakes are 1/3 the cost of yours.
    We would be happy to answer your question, firstly is it a n/a or forced induction?

Used FR500 intake manifold. Sounds perfect for you [and 99% of everyone else in these forums]

SVT God
    We would be happy to answer your question, firstly is it a n/a or forced induction?
    I gave you all the stuff on my car in an above post last paragraph a few up.

SVT God
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris _Scott View Post
    Used FR500 intake manifold. Sounds perfect for you [and 99% of everyone else in these forums]
    Aren't they for C heads? Either way I want a front mount TB and my custom one is coming along but if it doesnt make power like I want its always good to have options ya know.

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Chris _Scott View Post
    We couldnt agree more (at least as far as n/a engines are concerned) The STR (which is our n/a manifold) is designed for serious street cras where the factory manifold (even if ported) is a restriction (this is usually around 400+), a combination that would suit the STR or vice sersa is a high compression (11.5 +), Big cams (.500 + lift and long duration), stroker or BB.

For those that are saying that the losses are where I drive the car everyday, this is true, but no different than installing a big cam on the same engine..there will be losses on the bottom and big gains on the top.

At the end of the day it is important to select the correct intake for your application, this manifold is not for the mild street car that most drive, the point is even when used on an incorrect application this manifold has made more peak power, that doesnt mean it is a great intake or even a bad intake, it just means that there is a place for this intake when used the way it was intended (serious n/a cars and forced induction applications) , a great example is drag race application where bottom end is not a concern on the street but beating the guy next to him at the track is (in an enviroment where the gains far outweigh the minor losses)- and this is the choice any person makes when choosing any cams or intakes.

We are always here to help and if someone would like to see if this intake will benefit their own particular needs we are always here to discuss them!

MMR
    Last edited by Modular Racing; 07-30-2010 at 03:42 PM.

My Social Networking

I gave you all the stuff on my car in an above post last paragraph a few up.
    In your case there is no better intake on the market than this one and we guarantee this - your application is what it was built for, most of this discussion has been regarding using this intake or the STR intake in a n/a application not a Turbo application such as yours. We can do a front mount TB for you , it adds $150 to the price.

Our guarantee stands on this type of application and you will be very happy with it!

MMR

Premium Member
    Show me the before and afters.

--= Black 96 Vert, Forged Motor, TKO500, Built Rear, Intercooled T-Trim @ 17psi, custom cage ect... =--

--=1996 Black Coupe... Beezer Built Motor, NA SVT intake, Hanlon Built T45 & D1SC @ 14#=--
    --=Lund Tuned=--
    --=536RWHP/465RWTQ=--
    SOLD!
    --= 2004 Svt Focus EAP Euro =--
    SOLD!

--=Proud Member of the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association=--

Click me to look at my for sale threads!

SVT God
    In your case there is no better intake on the market than this one and we guarantee this - your application is what it was built for, most of this discussion has been regarding using this intake or the STR intake in a n/a application not a Turbo application such as yours. We can do a front mount TB for you , it adds $150 to the price.

Our guarantee stands on this type of application and you will be very happy with it!

MMR
    What type of gains could I expect with this setup I gave you. Taking the variables out of it (since you know the exact motor its going on) what could I expect over the stocker?

SVT God
    Also I can't help but notice your thread right above this for head porting and intake spacer. You clearly give horsepower gains in that thread as "stage 1- 25hp" so would it not be correct to consider different variable in setup's with head porting like you are when releasing numbers about this intake? That is why I am so skeptical, usually when companies see big gains they aren't afraid to say as that is what sells the product. But when companies say we will let the customers speak about it, and then no customers come back with graphs or anything saying how great it was over the stocker, it is a little scary to spend that money when I have only seen one guy post up graphs and he didnt even compare it to the stock. IIRC you said you guys have sold hundreds of these intakes, if that is true then why are your "customers" holding back the HUGE gains they received from your product?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast