Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HydroCarbon Interior & Hood Vent on 2011 GT500

We did another Hydro Carbon Interior swap yesterday on a customers 2011 GT500 and thought you might like to see the before and after.
    He got
    Door handle bezels
    Inner Mirror trim
    Speaker rings
    Door lock pockets
    Center console
    Radio Bezel
    Hood Vent (painted Kona Blue first, and then done with the hydrocarbon)

Here's a quick before and after video:
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnG4oC8lw3o"]YouTube - HYDRO CARBON BEFORE & AFTER 2011 GT500 @ JLT[/nomedia]

This job is very easy to do with a few hand tools. We did a video to show you where screws are and how to remove the door panels, console and radio bezel. These videos are on our 2011 GT, but the process is the same.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9y5XvYQcBI"]YouTube - JLT Performance shows you how to dress up your door panels[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-cu5efYlUw"]YouTube - JLT Performance shows you how to dress up your interior[/nomedia]

Ford has about 7 different center consoles for the Mustang and if we order it for the GT500 with ambient light and all bells and whistles it’s very expensive. So we order them for the base GT ($200 savings!) and swap out the ambient light and shifter boot. It’s very easy and we did a quick video to show you how. Much of this is in the console video above, this just a little more detailed on the boot and ambient light swap.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chM6MAQliyw"]YouTube - How to swap shifter boot + ambient light[/nomedia]

The hood vent is only held on by 1 nut, 2 clips and a row of double side tape along the back side. Remove the nut, release and push up on the clips and push up. You can heat the tape up to help loosen it. What I do is get one side started just by pushing up, the tape will release from the hood and part, then slowly add more pressure and “walk” it from one side to the other. It helps to have a second set of hands for this.

We seem to do allot of these in the Kona Blue to match the car because it just seems to look great over the dark blue. As you can see adding the carbon over the blue give is a darker color, but when the sun hits it, wow, it pops.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the pictures. If you have any questions feel free to call us direct. Almost any part can be HydroCarboned, from coil covers to splitters, rockers and nitrous bottles. Most of these parts are on our web site, so please check it out for pricing and more pictures. If you want to do several parts, email me a list and I will work you a package deal!

Jay

Last edited by Tucker; 11-12-2010 at 09:22 AM.
    2013 Mustang GT 5.0
    Gotta Have It Green
    Roush Blown, JLT Big Air, ARHeaders, Brent hughes DTPracing tune 725 RWHP.

We won't sell a part we won't put on our own car!
    Join us on FACEBOOK
    JLT Mustang Cold Air Intakes
    ASK ME FOR YOUR SVTP DISCOUNT CODE
    Call or E-mail me for your needs!
    Jay Tucker @ 757 335 1940 or [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun@AED View Post
    I tell customers HP gains from tune only is typically 5-7HP Peak, but we have seen as much as 15 from tune-only.
    Wow, we see 30 from CAI and tune on a 5.0, but keep reading intakes don't make power. LOL
    The COLD AIR INTAKE of Choice in every 5.0 shootout, 2010 (MM&FF), 2011 (5.0) & 2012 (5.0)!!
    More then JLT intakes, check the web site for your Mustang needs

Sick

Sound Clips
    2011-Current 5.0L
    Street Series Catback - Version 2.0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbVec...vucc8kCoRNFd1g

Race Series Catback - Version 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xp6D...vucc8kCoRNFd1g

GT500 Cars
    Race Series Catback
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wywt-...vucc8kCoRNFd1g

Street Series Catback
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKcsp...vucc8kCoRNFd1g

Looks gooood!
    2011 GT500 Sterling Grey / Electronic Package / Performance Package

My Social Networking

Follow SID297 On Twitter Add SID297 on Facebook Add SID297 on Google+ Visit SID297's Youtube Channel
    I'm not typically a fan of this process, but that looks great.
    The SVTP 2012 GT is For Sale. Click Here for Details.

Silver 04 Lightning (aka The Defiant) Build date: 04/19/04 Delivered: 5/15/04

Let's crank up the boost and see what shakes loose.

"Is That Thing Stock...." 09Troublemaker's Avatar
    cool

2014= SVTPP=Recaro=Glass Roof=Nav=Shaker Pro

Looks nice. When is the NAV pkg unit going to be available?

We can do any part any option.
    We order parts using the vin. #, so if you have NAV, you get a new bezel for NAV.

Ford changes pricing almost daily, so best to call us and we can get you a quote.

Thanks
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by SID297 View Post
    I'm not typically a fan of this process
    same here. I am usually a huge fan of everything JLT does but the hydrocarbon does nothing for me. correct me if i'm wrong but its just a fake carbon fiber covering, right?

2003 Cobra
    2014 Wrangler
    2008 GT500 - SOLD
    2004 Cobra - SOLD
    2007 GT - SOLD
    @baggedcobra @bobsautosports @the_raptor_project

It's not a cover or overlay, but more of a custom paint process to look like carbon fiber,
    It's cheaper because you don't need to tool every part and fitment is perfect because it's an OEM part.

It's not for everyone, but everyone that sees it love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    It's not a cover or overlay, but more of a custom paint process to look like carbon fiber,
    It's cheaper because you don't need to tool every part and fitment is perfect because it's an OEM part.

It's not for everyone, but everyone that sees it love it.
    Yah I understand. On a side note, my trufiber GT500 rear splash guards came via fedex on Saturday. I have never seen anyone with them or even mention them before. They look amazing and fitment was perfect. I also picked up your grille bezels, shelby stencil, and shelby lettering a week or so ago and I also have your CF intake. Next up, a black oil seperator. Thanks Jay for offering some outstanding products

link to the splash guards for anyone interested... Carbon Fiber Splash Guards (2007-09 mustang) [TC10024-LG52] - $109.00 : JLT PERFORMANCE, Home of the JLT TRUE COLD AIR KIT
    Last edited by 5spd07gt; 11-15-2010 at 08:23 AM.

Send me some installed pics of those splash guards when you get a chance

Thanks
    Jay

Well my cheap looking plastic parts are starting to scratch so I may just end up replacing them with C.F. pieces like this. They are growing on me, I doubt I'd do it all but the more used parts vs going OEM and having them re-scratch.

Let me know when your ready. All Hydrocarbon is on sale till the 23rd, so this is a good time to save 10% on your entire order.

Thanks
    Jay

I really like those pieces. Are you going to do one for the dash face? I'm not too thrilled about the dots the factory piece has and am looking for options. My last car was a ROUSH with the carbon fiber dash and I really miss that look. I think the Hydrocarbon pieces look great so I'm building my shopping list and saving my money. I'll definately pick up some pieces soon!

Those dash parts have too deep on impressions to do this process to and have it look good, so we don't do them. Any other part wit hthe light tecture we can do.

Thanks
    Jay

wow

that all looks amazing

Any pics from farther away to see the hood better...
    2011 Mustang GT Premium- Black Exterior/Black & Saddle Interior, 6 Speed Manual.

2007 Shelby GT500- (SOLD)

99 cobra (SOLD) ~ black/black ~ #1245 of 4040

Hey....someone go buy the hood vent for a Sterling Grey so I can decide if I want to hide ANOTHER thing from the wife!!!!
    '14 Focus ST
    '13 Raptor
    '10 GT500
    .....another SVT in 2016??

I know it's all opinion, but not sure how you don't like these finishes. I know it's not real CF, but compared to plain black plastic or whatever finishes, this is very nice. Great job guys. If I were just little more into interior aesthetics I'd by in for some of this.

Tell ya what, can you hook me up on a lil dicount like at the thread beginning on the hood vent? I'd bite on that piece, then I can show it to 2Sharpie in person, and you might get another sale, when he sees how hawt it is. Hmm ... (seriously)
    Dave.
    2014 GT500, Silver/Blk Stripes, CV3's with MPSS's, Glass Roof, SVTPP, PP, etc.

Other toys: 08 SRT/10 Viper, 12 Mustang V6, 12 Ninja 1000, KTM 450 Motard, & less troubling vehicles.

Ex's:
    11 GT500 Evo I mods, 00 viper RT/10, 03 Viper SRT, 87 GT(blown), 91 vert(blown), 95 cobravert(blown), 99 cobravert (lemonade), 03 cobravert (Amazon Tweaked), among other stangs.

[IMG][/IMG]

I just received my speaker covers and I am really impressed by this process. It really looks like carbon fiber and looks fantastic. I admit I was a bit skeptical because I have seen fake carbon fiber stuff before and was not impressed so I figured I'd give it a try on the speaker covers. I love it and will finish off the rest of my interior soon. I also like that the parts are real Ford parts and I can keep my originals stored away if I decide to sell the car later.

Insane SVT Poster Illtaketwlight's Avatar
    Looks killer Jay.
    2000 Lightning 2007 GT 500 T/TURBO COMPOUND BOOSTED WITH DIRECT PORT NITROUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu-Steel View Post
    I just received my speaker covers and I am really impressed by this process. It really looks like carbon fiber and looks fantastic. I admit I was a bit skeptical because I have seen fake carbon fiber stuff before and was not impressed so I figured I'd give it a try on the speaker covers. I love it and will finish off the rest of my interior soon. I also like that the parts are real Ford parts and I can keep my originals stored away if I decide to sell the car later.
    Thank you
    Let us know when your ready for more!

Jay

Jay - I took the plunge and ordered the rest of the kit for my interior. It came in yesterday and I was blown away by how great the pieces looked and how easy they were to install. They really brought the interior up to a level that it should have been in the first place. This process is fantastic! Thanks a million

Thanks man and please post some pics when you get a chance

Jay

Jay - Here are a couple of photos of my new interior with the hydrocarbon parts I ordered from you. I love them! Thank you again - Scott
    Last edited by Blu-Steel; 07-30-2011 at 09:08 PM.

very nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast