Crazy SVT Poster

What would cause vibration in the brake pedal while turning + braking?

Hey guys, just as the title says, what would cause my car's brake pedal to vibrate when braking and turning?

MODS: 2.76 upper pulley, home ported POSI style eaton, dragon TB and plenum, MAFia, 40amp KB BAP with wiring upgrade, 60# Siemen Deka injectors, Fluidyne HE, JLT RAI, Magniflow catted X, MGW Orange Handle, Spec 2+ clutch, Steeda quadrant and firewall adjuster, Steeda IRS brace, H&R race springs (mm isos), MM CC plates, Kenny Brown FLSFC, 5/16" rear spacers, 18X9, 18X10 FR500's, MMR rear seat delete, HILTON boost overlay, Cobra Bob's shifter gaskets

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM ac427cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beastmar View Post
    Hey guys, just as the title says, what would cause my car's brake pedal to vibrate when braking and turning?
    Bad front hub?

Best thing to do is to jack up your car and feel your wheels for play. Replace the stuff that's worn out!!!

BRUCE

Unhappy with your SN-95 (1999-2004) Cobra IRS?
    Got Wheel Hop, a leaking rear cover or a broken halfshaft?
    Getting passed on the track by Corvettes?

FIX IT!!

This is how:

http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/index.htm

If you have questions after reading the FAQ on our site: http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/faqs.htm

shoot me a PM and I will answer them for you!

We also have a complete line of brake parts, brake conversion kits, one pc rotors, two pc rotors, fixed and floating, street pads, race pads along with suspension components for both SN-95 and S-197 vehicles.

Visit our web site for more information:

http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/index.htm

Crazy SVT Poster
    Alright thanks for the tip. I'll keep this updated.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Just a guess but I've noticed this during aggressive driving. Hard breaking while turning asks for too much traction from the front wheels and they either under steer or the abs kicks in and you feel the abs vibration.
    03 Cobra, 13 5.0

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM ac427cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SciFiHiFi View Post
    Just a guess but I've noticed this during aggressive driving. Hard breaking while turning asks for too much traction from the front wheels and they either under steer or the abs kicks in and you feel the abs vibration.
    One thing I tell my driving school students is the car will either turn hard or brake hard, take your pick! It can't do both!

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ac427cobra View Post
    One thing I tell my driving school students is the car will either turn hard or brake hard, take your pick! It can't do both!
    Word But I have my abs turned off from my tune and I highly doubt it is understeer. Thanks for the suggestions. Most likely I will be coming to ftbr in the near future for new parts....

I just did a search on this same thing. Sometimes when I make a sharp turn and I have my foot on the brake I can feel what seems like the ABS feeling. I just rotated my wheels/tires and I didnt have any play in an of them. I guess its the ABS? My ABS is turned on.

I thought maybe I just needed to turn my rotors...?

2003 Sonic Blue Coupe - #39 of 13,476

2.8 upper, Bassani catted x-pipe, Borla stinger mufflers, MGW orange handle shifter, Metco aux idlers, intake heat shield, Steeda quick-release quadrant, Fiore firewall adjuster

Don't forget that the brake booster and the power steering share the same pump and hydraulic system. If you have the wheel turned and tap the brake pedal you can often times feel that in the wheel as the pressure to the power steering drops a little. Especially if you are geting a little low on fluid.
    2003 Sonic Blue Coupe
    K&N FIPK, Billetflow 2.93, Metco 4# lower, Stieg Stage IV port.SCT 2600 MAF,KB BAP, Centerforce DF, Fidanza FW, Fiore quadrant and adjuster, LDC cooling mod, LFP dual pass H/E, Canton bling, MRT catted H-pipe, Magnaflow Catback, SCT Xcal2 tuned by Greg at RET...