Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SVT God

Did Ford sell vehicles to Nazi Germany during WWII

I'm thinking this is a bunch of bogus BS, but I work with a guy who's one of these people that have all kinds of little facts and knowledge on many different topics, and he came up to me today and said that Ford sold vehicles to Nazi Germany during WWII because Henry Ford was a staunch antisemitic.

Apparently Henry Ford was antisemitic, and he did get some award from Nazi German prior to WWII, but I can't find anything to back up that he sold vehicles to Germany during WWII.

Anyone on here know anything about this?

A quick Google search led me to this article, an interesting read for sure.

-Eric

SVT God
    Quote Originally Posted by Instigator99 View Post
    A quick Google search led me to this article, an interesting read for sure.

-Eric
    Good find. I had been reading about Henry ford on Wikipedia.
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ford]Henry Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I went to the Holocaust museum last year and remember reading the BMW used concentration camp workers to build their cars. Doesn't have anything to do with what you're asking but I just found that interesting.

I don't remember reading anything about Henry Ford while there.
    2004 Torch Red Cobra
    1 of 313 with Charcoal Interior
    Proud Member of the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association

Ford did plenty of interesting things. They had an entire "american" city built in the amazon.

Fordlândia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article mentions fordlandia and nazi Germany involvement. I love damninteresting!

Damn Interesting • The Ruins of Fordlândia

Der Fuhrer just wanted a 03/04 Cobra motor to power his war machine, thats all.
    Last edited by thomas91169; 03-08-2011 at 07:47 PM.

2010 Fusion SE | 6spd Auto | Stock-ish as hell | The DD | 8K HIDs |

2003 Redfire Cobra | 448wp/435wtq | 2.93" Upper / Stock Lower | bunch of other stuff | SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way, for the cosmos, to know itself.

productive posts, LOLWUT? Fox-4's Avatar
    Henry Ford did more than sale cars to hitler, his plants built weapons and tanks for him

Sent from my jebus phone
    Perfect because of imperfections.
    We all are.
    Don't be afraid to show yourself as you really are.
    The world might judge you, talk shit about you, envy you, love you, hate you, but truth is: you are the ONLY responsible for your own path.
    Enjoy life

-Cristina Scabbia

Quote Originally Posted by fastboss View Post
    Henry Ford did more than sale cars to hitler, his plants built weapons and tanks for him

Sent from my jebus phone
    too bad your jebus phone doesn't know the difference between SELL and SALE
    2001 Zinc Yellow Cobra #2398/3867

Tuned by HorsepowerByHermann

Official 'ring tow rig... T-Bolt's Avatar
    Last edited by T-Bolt; 03-08-2011 at 08:35 PM.

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; the rest are all merely games"- Ernest Hemingway

Ok so your saying that Germany bought stuff from Ford in the states. Then it magically made its way accross the Atlantic Ocean full of U boats, on a US flagged shipped and dropped them off at a German port...?

Sorry if Im alittle skeptical about all of that. The actual logistics behind those articles would indicate otherwise. Im a history and war person. But even if this was said to take place prior to America entering the war on December 8, 1941. America couldnt sell anything to an Axis power since the British were our Allies and at war with Germany. Ford couldnt sell an Axis power anything because most companies were under DoD contracts during the war. If I recall correctly alot of those contracts will say that they cant sell or help a Foreign power during a time of war without the treat of treason.

Edit: I read a few of the articles more in depth. It wasnt Henry Ford that sold and build stuff for the Germans. It was some of the companies that Ford owned in Europe before the war began. Their leadership, one of which was French, is whom sold the Germans anything. Not Ford himself.

This was in Nazi occupied Europe though and they probably had to do something for the Germans since the plant was covered/surrounded with Germans.
    Last edited by Ironhand; 03-08-2011 at 09:01 PM.

productive posts, LOLWUT? Fox-4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Double"O" View Post
    too bad your jebus phone doesn't know the difference between SELL and SALE

Damn you iPhone!!!!

Sent from my jebus phone

SVT God
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
    Ok so your saying that Germany bought stuff from Ford in the states. Then it magically made its way accross the Atlantic Ocean full of U boats, on a US flagged shipped and dropped them off at a German port...?

Sorry if Im alittle skeptical about all of that. The actual logistics behind those articles would indicate otherwise. Im a history and war person. But even if this was said to take place prior to America entering the war on December 8, 1941. America couldnt sell anything to an Axis power since the British were our Allies and at war with Germany. Ford couldnt sell an Axis power anything because most companies were under DoD contracts during the war. If I recall correctly alot of those contracts will say that they cant sell or help a Foreign power during a time of war without the treat of treason.
    No, no I'm asking. History was my best subject also, and I've never heard anything like this. I agree it would of been hard for the U.S to send stuff to germany after 1939, but according to Instigator99's link Ford was profiting from both sides during WWII, and that Ford in Europe was selling to Nazi Germany.

IBM built the statistical machine(Punch Card) that was used for picking jews, etc.

IBM and the holocaust is a great read if anyone is interested in WW2 history/Tech/Business development history.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/IBM-Holocaust-Strategic-Alliance-Corporation/dp/0375419330"]Amazon.com: IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation (9780375419331): Edwin Black: Books[/ame]
    Last edited by Mayo5; 03-08-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jroc View Post
    No, no I'm asking. History was my best subject also, and I've never heard anything like this. I agree it would of been hard for the U.S to send stuff to germany after 1939, but according to Instigator99's link Ford was profiting from both sides during WWII, and that Ford in Europe was selling to Nazi Germany.
    Read the edit.

It wasnt Ford making the money. It was their plants in occupied counties operated by the French, etc, that was selling stuff.

However, the lack of evidence is almost convient.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Deleted before someone gets upset over my views.
    02 GT. 2nd supercharger set up sold. No clue what I want.
    03 Dodge Ram SLT Quad Cab 4x4 on 35's. My mud slinger.
    14 Honda CR-V. The wife's vehicle.
    Military Crew

I do that stupid Crossfit assasyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo5 View Post
    IBM built the statistical machine(Punch Card) that was used for picking jews, etc.

IBM and the holocaust is a great read if anyone is interested in WW2 history/Tech/Business development history.

Amazon.com: IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation (9780375419331): Edwin Black: Books
    You stole my story.

I was just about to post that. It was a great read. People would be amazed at which causes major companies help fund.
    Follow @lonestarj on Twitter

Ford had entire automotive plants in Germany before and during the war. Henry Ford was a huge supporter of Germany and the Nazi party; This was never a secret really. I believe at one point he published some kind of "booklet" about Nazi Germany.

It's very easy to point blame at an American company for doing business with the Axis during WWII. But the truth is more like once the war started, American companies lost control of their foreign operations. Americans couldn't exactly travel to Germany and France during the war, and in most cases American companies (and all companies really) were taken over by the Nazis and run by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan5469 View Post
    I went to the Holocaust museum last year and remember reading the BMW used concentration camp workers to build their cars. Doesn't have anything to do with what you're asking but I just found that interesting.

I don't remember reading anything about Henry Ford while there.
    The Japanese did the same - used POWs to build airplanes. This included Suburu and Mitsubishi.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Some interesting reading in this thread. Never heard of any of this stuff.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
    Ford had entire automotive plants in Germany before and during the war. Henry Ford was a huge supporter of Germany and the Nazi party; This was never a secret really. I believe at one point he published some kind of "booklet" about Nazi Germany.

It's very easy to point blame at an American company for doing business with the Axis during WWII. But the truth is more like once the war started, American companies lost control of their foreign operations. Americans couldn't exactly travel to Germany and France during the war, and in most cases American companies (and all companies really) were taken over by the Nazis and run by them.

The Japanese did the same - used POWs to build airplanes. This included Suburu and Mitsubishi.
    This is a much more likely scenario IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo5 View Post

Amazon.com: IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation (9780375419331): Edwin Black: Books
    That was a great read.. I had to read it in a class in highschool.. holocaust.. haha
    Its all true too.. I live within 5 mins of the first I.b.m. and live in a house built for the company back in the early 20th century.
    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Quote Originally Posted by ironhand View Post
    ok so your saying that germany bought stuff from ford in the states. Then it magically made its way accross the atlantic ocean full of u boats, on a us flagged shipped and dropped them off at a german port...?

Sorry if im alittle skeptical about all of that. The actual logistics behind those articles would indicate otherwise. Im a history and war person. But even if this was said to take place prior to america entering the war on december 8, 1941. America couldnt sell anything to an axis power since the british were our allies and at war with germany. Ford couldnt sell an axis power anything because most companies were under dod contracts during the war. If i recall correctly alot of those contracts will say that they cant sell or help a foreign power during a time of war without the treat of treason.

Edit: I read a few of the articles more in depth. It wasnt henry ford that sold and build stuff for the germans. It was some of the companies that ford owned in europe before the war began. Their leadership, one of which was french, is whom sold the germans anything. Not ford himself.

This was in nazi occupied europe though and they probably had to do something for the germans since the plant was covered/surrounded with germans.
    THIS!

Speaking of Nazi germany I have a picture from the BMW or MB museum and the 1940s part of the wall is just blank.
    Last edited by Badasp5.0; 03-09-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    1995 SVT Cobra Coupe White/Saddle #3775 of #4005

Rookie SVT Poster
    This is pretty interesting. I've never heard anything about this. Ford grew up with my family and ended up marrying my great, great aunt so we are pretty big on family history and our backgrounds. All the information and documents we have from ford in our family, none of this has never surfaced before. Looks like I need to do a little more digging into our background.

1999 Cobra, white on tan, Eaton swap, full exhaust, and tune.

SVT God
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochard View Post

Good info.

Yeah Henry Ford wrote a 4 series volume of books called "The International Jew".

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_International_Jew]The International Jew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

From my understand Hitler actually studied, and took much from it in helping him write "Mein Kampf".

IDK I can't figure out why people just want to hate Jews. They're just another group of people. That's kind of like hating someone because they are American.
    Last edited by Jroc; 03-09-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Rookie SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jroc View Post
    I'm thinking this is a bunch of bogus BS, but I work with a guy who's one of these people that have all kinds of little facts and knowledge on many different topics, and he came up to me today and said that Ford sold vehicles to Nazi Germany during WWII because Henry Ford was a staunch antisemitic.

Apparently Henry Ford was antisemitic, and he did get some award from Nazi German prior to WWII, but I can't find anything to back up that he sold vehicles to Germany during WWII.

Anyone on here know anything about this?
    Ofrcourse its true..he was a known nazi simpathizer/anti semite. FORD made jeeps for Germany. USA has a long history of doing business with the "enemy". Prescott Bush (#41's pappy) was the account manager @ Brown Brother's Harriman for I.G. Farben who built Auschwitz.

This is all common knowledge to those who have an attention span long enough to pull themselves away from Dancing with the Bachelors or Jersey Whore's to google/YouTube it. Or godforbid...actually read a book.

Its common knowledge that Henry Ford was racist and a Nazi supporter. You guys didn't know this?

You don't get the highest Nazi award possible for nothing. And if im not mistaken ford plants were building german tanks/jeeps as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast