Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Installing a built Aluminum block, Lunati cams, 3.6 LC KB and more.

Guys, I've been wanting to start this thread for some time now, but I have been really busy trying to finish this project up so I can get to the track. In a nut shell, I'm wanting 1000hp out of my car and here is a short list of the Items I'm using.

MMR 1500 built short block
    Manley Billet rods
    Manley billet pistons (ceramic and teflon coated)
    Ford GT500 hardened crank
    2011 GT500 AL block
    ARP 2000 hardware

Kenny Bell Liquid Cooled 3.6L Mammoth Supercharger
    80 LB injectors
    Competition Boost-a-pump
    Billet fuel rails
    KB intake with dual 75mm throttle body

Lunati Voodoo Cams (custom Grind, I'll show spec sheet in thread)
    Manley Spring kit
    Manley Titanium Retainers

I will also be talking about my experiences with the three main vendors I used for the majority of the purchases: MMR, Evolution Performance and Mod Max.

I'm gonna start off with some pics and some explanation of each one. It will also take me a couple days to this edited properly, so bare with me.

The block is finally here!

.........and so is the blower

This puts it into perspective

Another perspective pic. The block on the right is a standard bore 302 and at left, the new 5.4. The 302 looks like a big block compared to the 5.4.

Teaser pic. This is where I'm at as of today. Within the next week or so I will fill in the BIG blank between the pics and explain what/how I've done things during the whole build. Enjoy guys and I hope there will be something in here for everyone that has contemplated a project like this.

MMR 1500+, Kenne Bell, Lunati, 6 Speed and Daily Driven. 9.59 @ 149

Banned
    awe-some!

Looks good! Hope you reach all your goals!!!

SHIFTER KING

Premium Member
    i cant wait to hear that monster run

Mid Atlantic Cobra Association
    @zporta
    http://www.revanracing.com/products/...gauge-pod.html

Pretty bad ass....More pics.....
    2002 Ford F150 4x4
    2010 Ford TT Gt500 (Sold)
    2001 Ford Lightning (Sold)

the difference in the size of the blowers is astounding!

Metco Upper with HD bracket and lower control arms from Posi
    C&R Heat Exchanger from Revan Racing
    JLT 127MM CIA from Revan Racing
    FRPP TVS with 2.55 Pulley
    CJ Twin 65 Throttle Body
    KB Boost A Pump from Revan Racing
    MGW Shifter

Can't wait to see/hear the end result!

2008 Mustang Shelby GT500
    Performance White
    [New] Sportin a whipple on E85
    753/713

www.aedhp.com

Thanks a lot guys. I've got 162 pics of the build so far of everything from timing the motor to chamfering the tops of the valve springs and I want to put them all on here. Being an old man is not the best attribute to working a full time job and doing a project like this. LOL. I'll be throwing up more pics every night till about this time; when I pass out.......

cant wait to hear the cams and see the specs! great build and good luck reaching your goal!
    Check out my Coyote Powered 1955 Ford Customline Project http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-fairlane.html

Very nice!!! I can't wait to hear and see this thing run!!!
    8 sec 2010 GT500 with Whipple 4.0

I see dumb people...they're everywhere. They walk around like everyone else. They don't even know that they are dumb.

http://neverfastenoughracing.com

Insane SVT Poster
    Badass!

Whats with needing the Boost a pump though?

You are converting to a return fuel system right?

mark , also helped me out with a few ideas, MMR knows mod motors, the ford gt timing chains and tensioner( passenger side) really help control the radical cam timing. good luck Mark

"Is That Thing Stock...." 09Troublemaker's Avatar
    nice

2014= SVTPP=Recaro=Glass Roof=Nav=Shaker Pro

Goodies-
    JDM Cams/Springs
    ARH 1-7/8 O/R H
    65 mm TB
    True Forged (20 x 10 - 20 x 11.5)
    285/35 - 315/30 R888's
    Steeda LCA/Springs

SVT God
    i can't believe with all the $ you got into the build and you're running a BAP. the BAP won't get you to 1000hp, unless you're shooting for BHP. good luck with the build.
    2013 Laguna Seca
    2008 GT500 L&M Racing Engines built longblock (sold to forum member)

Authorized Vendor Van@RevanRacing's Avatar
    Constructive criticism.

I think you're not giving your fuel system enough attention. The 80 lb injectors are going to max out as you near 1000 rwhp. Your injector duty cycles are going to be near limit and your OEM fuel pump duty cycles are going to be maxing out as well, even with a Competition BAP which is what I run.

I believe you should consider some bigger injectors, possibly 105's and upgrading the fuel hat to a triple hat with some Walbro's or Ford GT pumps and an additional FPDM and BAP if you want to stay returnless.

Based on data logs from my vehicle with 80's and a Comp BAP at 910 RWHP you are going to be pushing the envelope and that was on a built motor with one of the first KB 3.6's at Bradenton in March 2010.

Good luck with the build but make sure to give that girl the fuel she needs. You've got far too much invested at this point to have fuel starvation. A motor like this really should have a return style fuel system and big injectors with a fuel pressure regulator. Oh damn, then you can run E-85 and the difference between C-16 and E-85 and a return style fuel system with big injectors will pay for itself over and over.

Just my 2 cents and I only offer it up because I see what you have into this and I know you want to do it right.

2014 Shelby GT500 SVTP PP, TP, SGM with Sonic Blue Stripes

2013 Shelby GT500 SVT Peformance Pack and Track Pack #357 NASA Time Trial Vehicle and Daily Driver SOLD

2007 Shelby GT500 Alloy Metallic # 357 NASA Time Trial Unlimited Competition Vehicle SOLD

WWW.REVANRACING.COM

561-445-7702

Fastest Mustang/GT500 in the World 220.8 MPH October 27, 2012 at The Texas Mile Kenne Bell 4.2 LC NO NITROUS

Revan Racing Exclusively Distributes Kenne Bell Superchargers World Wide!!

Quote Originally Posted by Van@RevanRacing View Post
    Constructive criticism.

I think you're not giving your fuel system enough attention. The 80 lb injectors are going to max out as you near 1000 rwhp. Your injector duty cycles are going to be near limit and your OEM fuel pump duty cycles are going to be maxing out as well, even with a Competition BAP which is what I run.

I believe you should consider some bigger injectors, possibly 105's and upgrading the fuel hat to a triple hat with some Walbro's or Ford GT pumps and an additional FPDM and BAP if you want to stay returnless.

Based on data logs from my vehicle with 80's and a Comp BAP at 910 RWHP you are going to be pushing the envelope and that was on a built motor with one of the first KB 3.6's at Bradenton in March 2010.

Good luck with the build but make sure to give that girl the fuel she needs. You've got far too much invested at this point to have fuel starvation. A motor like this really should have a return style fuel system and big injectors with a fuel pressure regulator. Oh damn, then you can run E-85 and the difference between C-16 and E-85 and a return style fuel system with big injectors will pay for itself over and over.

Just my 2 cents and I only offer it up because I see what you have into this and I know you want to do it right.
    Im with you on this one Van.

I have a Tripple Walbro Return setup with -10 feed and 105s on my car and Im worried about fuel problems as well.

BTW, yes I have 5.4 with 3.4 Crusher Whipple in my 03 Cobra.

All that money into the motor and to put a lousy BAP and 80s is like screwing a prostitute without a condom.

You know its not a good idea!!

Engine Lubrication Guru UnleashedBeast's Avatar
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
    All that money into the motor and to put a lousy BAP and 80s is like screwing a prostitute without a condom.

2014 Mustang GT: Sterling Gray | NAV | Recaros | Brembos | Glass Roof | back up camera | 6 speed auto

2007+ Shelby GT500 UOA thread | 2012+ Boss 302 UOA Thread | 2011+ GT UOA Thread

Awesome build! Can't wait to see it in action!
    1/8 mile: 7.06 @ 98.95

Quote Originally Posted by Van@RevanRacing View Post
    Constructive criticism.

Thanks Van, I do have larger, more pumps that will be going into place with the build. Even with the extra pumps and lines I was fairly confident that I wouldn't see a 1,000 hp pull on 93, or race gas for that matter. And yes sir, my end plan is to go with an E85 set-up to actually get me over that hump. I wanna get as far as I can go with a 93, and 110, tune and also give myself some time for E85 to become a little more readily available in this area. I will try to post a little more detail as I go and the constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
    Im with you on this one Van.

I have a Tripple Walbro Return setup with -10 feed and 105s on my car and Im worried about fuel problems as well.

BTW, yes I have 5.4 with 3.4 Crusher Whipple in my 03 Cobra.

Thanks, but, like I said in my original post, please bare with me and I'll get all the facts to you guys. All that is mentioned above is just the major items of the build that I am using to reach my goal. Assuming this is the entire list of the build, especially after the posts that I've made says that there is a lot more, is like paying for a whore and then pleasuring yourself before she even gets in the room, you've spouted off with a brainless head before it's time. No sence in bandwagoning before you know the whole story. Unless that is just what you like to do, then, by all means, use this thread.

BTW, I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

Quote Originally Posted by quadedaddy View Post
    Thanks, but, like I said in my original post, please bare with me and I'll get all the facts to you guys. All that is mentioned above is just the major items of the build that I am using to reach my goal. Assuming this is the entire list of the build, especially after the posts that I've made says that there is a lot more, is like paying for a whore and then pleasuring yourself before she even gets in the room, you've spouted off with a brainless head before it's time. No sence in bandwagoning before you know the whole story. Unless that is just what you like to do, then, by all means, use this thread.

BTW, I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night.

I dont do any bandwagoning bud. I probably have the only car like mine. I know one guy is close but that only counts in horseshoes and hand gernades. Everything I do is far from easy, plus I do all my own work. I didnt have to pay MMR to build my motor.

We can banter back and fourth but I can also read. You said a KB BAP with alot more to come. You didnt bother to mention that x fuel system is planned to support 1000 rwhp. By looking at your current mods that YOU listed, you were short of fuel. With E-85 and 1000rwhp you will be at the upper limits, if not past, that of even the tripple return walbro 255 setup. Do it right the first time or not at all.

BTW, Jumping on my back is like riding a bull, you will get kicked off very quickly, with severe head trama..
    Last edited by Ironhand; 04-13-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Good luck with your build.
    2014 Artic White C7 Stingray Phadt Tune and bolts
    2014 black gt500,Lund Tune, UCA,LCA,FRPP
    2013 Grabber Blue RTR Spec2 5.0
    CLK63 AMG Black Series 19"HRE P40's 700Hp(sold)
    2008 shelby gt500 Super Snake/KB 4.2 1080rwhp(sold)

Hahahaha......... WOW! Thanks guys.

Are you gonna put a drop k member in or go with a bigger hood? I bet that big blower will need plenty of head room.

Motorsports = Expensive! fire_4_effect's Avatar
    big money grip! fist pound for all the goodies!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast