Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    such emo very befe wow ford_racer's Avatar

Things from childhood you still resent your parents for?

Back when I was little, like 5, 6, 7 years old or so, I always wanted those light up shoes. You guys remember them. You stomp on the ground and the lights on the sides flash and pulse and emit awesome and so forth. Every time we went shoe shopping, I always asked for those, and every time I asked, mom said no.

That said, I still want the damn light up shoes! They were sooooo cool back then and I still bring it up every now and again with my parents.

So does anything else have anything similar? Maybe it's something your parents did or didn't let you have or made you do?
    such signature
    very
    internets

wow
    so
    clever
    give inturnets here plez

Quote Originally Posted by CSD View Post
    guns you don't need

Ahhh I remember those. They were very expensive in Europe when they came out.
    I wanted them soooo bad but dad would not buy them because we lived in war and there was not alot of money around. Since my dad was in the army, owner of the store gave them to me, he felt bad because his son died in war and left two little girls behind my age.

Other than that I don't think they ever said no.

L.A. lights...lmao. I had like 3 pairs. suck it.

My parents wouldn't let me play hide and go seek at night in the cul-de-sac with the older kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    If I ever agree with you again, I am going to give myself an infraction.

There were these jeans I wanted when I was little that my cousin had that I thought were totally awesome. They had zippers that went about 6 inches up the back of each leg with a bow at the top.

I also wanted a Barbie Jeep that my parents never bought for me.

Though I shouldn't complain too much about the Jeep, they bought me a dirt bike when I was 4. At the time, though, a Barbie Jeep >*
    Last edited by fiveohhhstang; 04-13-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    1995 Crystal White Mustang GT:
    BBK Offroad H-Pipe | Flowmaster 40 Series Catback | 3 1/2 Magnaflow Tips | H&R Supersports | Tokico Blues | 95R Wheels | 255s/275s |
    Smoked Headlights | Tinted Tails | 8000k HIDs | 99 Cobra Seats | Black Chrome Bumper Inserts | 20% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by fiveohhhstang View Post
    There were these jeans I wanted when I was little that my cousin had that I thought were totally awesome. They had zippers that went about 6 inches up the back of each leg with a bow at the top.

I also wanted a Barbie Jeep that my parents never bought for me.

Though I shouldn't complain too much about the Jeep, they bought me a dirt bike when I was 4. At the time, though, a Barbie Jeep >*
    LOL
    I remember wanting Tommy Hilfiger jeans when I was 15. They were $100 and never got them But now to think about it, I don't think I would spend that much on one pair of jeans either.

Nope, nothing.

When I grew up in the 50's and early 60's there wasn't as much crap for kids to want.
    My dad did give me my first rifle at 7, so that was pretty cool. Didn't put out my eye or commit mass murder at school either.

I just wish they were both still alive.

Aerodynamics is for people that who don't know how to build engines.
    ~Enzo Ferrari

"The Presidency
    Too much job,
    Not enough man"
    ~Me

a bb gun, sling shot, or anything of that nature. everyone had one but me....turns out i became a Gunnersmate anyways lol.....

1997 Cobra #2915 Gone but never forgotten
    2003 Redfire Terminator #2902
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas91169 View Post
    This site is oriented towards upper trim level vehicles like the Terminator, Lightning and GT500. Not lesser trim offerings. Theres modularperformance, corral and stangnet if you wanna talk about your shitty GT.

Quote Originally Posted by MissGT23 View Post
    LOL
    I remember wanting Tommy Hilfiger jeans when I was 15. They were $100 and never got them But now to think about it, I don't think I would spend that much on one pair of jeans either.
    My mom never bought me any clothes that were in style when I was younger (even if they weren't expensive) but when I was 16 she bought me $650 bucks worth of Lucky brand jeans. Mostly because I need a 37" inseam and we just couldn't find them anywhere else. I still have and wear several pairs of those jeans and that was 9 years ago.

I always resented the fact that I had to work instead of getting to play with my friends... Looking back, I'm glad I had to help out with stuff around the shop and the yard. I learned way more than what Mario ever taught me. I guess I don't resent my parents one bit.

Mostly because I need a 37" inseam and we just couldn't find them anywhere else.
    37" INSEAM?? How tall are you???? Or are you just insanely leggy?

Quote Originally Posted by s_x_i View Post
    I always resented the fact that I had to work instead of getting to play with my friends... Looking back, I'm glad I had to help out with stuff around the shop and the yard. I learned way more than what Mario ever taught me. I guess I don't resent my parents one bit.
    My parents (specifically my mom) were slave drivers when I was growing up. While I am glad that they made me help out and do chores and work at their shop, my mom took away things from me that I'll never be able to get back. I missed many friend's birthday parties, homecoming in high school and even prom one year because she wanted me to clean our house and do the family's laundry.

I've let it go for the most part, but it made me decide that I will not treat my children the same way I was treated. They are going to help out and pull their weight but I'm also going to let them be kids while they are kids.

Quote Originally Posted by jpd5801 View Post
    37" inseam?? How tall are you???? Or are you just insanely leggy?
    I'm 5'11

I'm 5'11
    That is still one hell of an inseam! But anyway, back on topic. . .

My parents (specifically my mom) were slave drivers when I was growing up. While I am glad that they made me help out and do chores and work at their shop, my mom took away things from me that I'll never be able to get back. I missed many friend's birthday parties, homecoming in high school and even prom one year because she wanted me to clean our house and do the family's laundry.

I've let it go for the most part, but it made me decide that I will not treat my children the same way I was treated. They are going to help out and pull their weight but I'm also going to let them be kids while they are kids.
    That sucks, missing out on all of those things. Like you said you can never get them back.

When we moved to the US, I don't think I really asked for a lot of stuff, but my parents would buy things me and my brother wanted. Not having anything, made us appreciate things more. We did miss out on alot of things as kids because of war, and I think living in war made my parents little bit softer because all 4 of us almost died.

I was made to go to bed early most times like 8 or so and in the summer it would still be light out and I would be laying in bed hating them with a passion for it

also could never have a mini bike or a bb gun

Premium Member
    Seriously? There were some things my parents did that upset me at the time, but I did this thing they call growing up, and let it go.
    Greg
    2003 Cobra
    Sonic Blue
    MM FLSFC, MM Coilovers front and rear
    BF 2.93 upper & 4-pulley idlers,
    MGW Shifter
    Steeda Catback, K&N Drop-in, SSR GT3s

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Einstein

such emo very befe wow ford_racer's Avatar
    Resent is probably too strong of a word, but you got what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by MissGT23 View Post
    That sucks, missing out on all of those things. Like you said you can never get them back.

When we moved to the US, I don't think I really asked for a lot of stuff, but my parents would buy things me and my brother wanted. Not having anything, made us appreciate things more. We did miss out on alot of things as kids because of war, and I think living in war made my parents little bit softer because all 4 of us almost died.
    Yeah, I can imagine after getting out of there they probably wanted to give you guys anything and everything that they could because they were so thankful to have you.

my parents refused to get cable or buy video games of any type . we finally got cable for a few months when i was in high school but my dad said all we did was watch Mtv (remember when they actually played music VIDEOS!) and canceled it also in high school i was finally able to scrounge up enough cash to buy a super nes and a used tv so i could play SFII at home i remember having a bunch of friends over and taking turns playing and yelling at each other. good times! lol. i wouldnt really call that resent though. i did resent them for switching me from school to school for various reasons after elementary school. that sucked things would have been much different and better had they not done that.

My Social Networking

Follow Dusten On Twitter Visit Dusten's Youtube Channel
    I dont resent my parents for the things i had and didnt have, but looking back at the way my mom raised me, she was insanely selfish and I can tell she didnt want to have a child when she did. Oh well.
    2001 Ford Lightning - Built Motor - Built Trans - 2.3 KB - Custom Interior - No Numbers - No Times - Garage Queen
    1994 Cobra #2277 of 5009
    1993 Gen 1 Lightning #5194
    1968 Ford Mustang "Gold Nugget Special"
    2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
    2013 Audi S4
    My Youtube

Premium Member
    Strand Craft Yacht & Supercar for Sale at $27.5 Million

I asked for one every year, and my parents were always too greedy, opting instead to buy things like food and clothing. To this day I've never owned one.
    "I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

I wish they had told me santa wasnt real. Do you know the sadness of being 25 and finding out he isnt real

I always wanted to be in organized hockey when I was a kid. My parents really couldn't afford it (3 kids, house payment, 2 car payments). And there was no way my Dad would've woken up at 5am to bring me to practice. Other than that I had it pretty good. I was never a kid who really wanted much though. Never had/wanted Nintendo, Reboks etc.

Premium Member
    Nothing material I really lacked - I felt mistreated because I never got to ride the horsey ride at the grocery store. The only thing that really sucked was that my parents were never at any school function (dad worked shiftwork, and my mom was at home taking care of my handicapped sister).

Now, when I was a teenager, there was a lot I resented, but that's another story......
    "Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." --Elbridge Gerry, Debate, United States House of Representatives, 1789

Readin posts, rollin eyes joeg215's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s_x_i View Post
    What?! You missed the fact that shrooms are good for you?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast