New SVT Poster

Fox Body Coyote Motor Swap

Hey guys, if you haven't already seen this you need to check it out.

5.0L 412HP 2011 MUSTANG CRATE ENGINE -- M-6007-M50

New SVT Poster
    Sorry guys, forgot to tell you to scroll down to the bottom of the page once you get it opened to see the fox body swap.

I would LOVE to do that swap, toss on a procharger and you got a 140mph car that drives like stock.
    "A warranty is like your virginity. Once its gone, its really not that big of a deal."

CURRENT VEHICLE:
    Oxford White 2014 A6 GT
    Black Paxton 2200SL, 10psi, JLT intake, Jegs Cat Deletes, Borla S-types, E85, AED tune, Dark stars 17x4.5 front and 15x10 rear with MT 325 DR's : HP...ALL OF IT!

im seriously considering this instead of spending thousands building my motor. i miss driving mine anywhere anytime here in DC
    93 Mustang GT. JPC Racing

I did the swap to my 86. Best decision I have ever made it is awesome! I also put a t56 behind it. I will be posting pictures and videos as soon as at get my transmission back in. I am ready to see what kind of et I can get out of it N/A before a throw a power adder to it.

Rookie SVT Poster
    Do let us know svteezy! Do you have a build thread on it anywhere? I am really torn between selling the coupe for a new stang, or throwing a 4v 5.0 in the coupe.
    Brian: IRS'd '90 LX (ex-FHP)

yes let us know my mind is made up and i want to do this swap. please give us a build sheet and i will start gathering parts.

Well it is really simple in all honesty.. here is a list of parts that are needed.

UPR 4.6 k member with the fox body a arms.

4.6 motor mounts off of any 4.6. (I got mine from NAPA by looking up a 03 cobra)

I used the BBK coyote swap long tubes.(fit VERY well)

4.6 bell housing. ( I used a mcleod blowproff which I had to modify to clear the headers and the crank sensor.)

T-56 trans with an 03 cobra clutch. (I used a Zoom stage 3 and it grabs hard!)

I forgot the exact length of the drive shaft but i think I only had to get the stock one cut down an inch and the proper slip yoke put on the front.
    I had to make cross member brackets and mounted the cross member to the back side of the original rear cross member bracket. (if that makes sense haha i may have to take a picture)

I used an 03 cobra starter.

The hot rod harness works awesome and is so easy to wire up. It is all labled and layed out to fit nice.

I mounted the ECM to the frame rail behind the passenger headlight. and it clears the inner fender perfect.

Fuel system consist of FAST inline (Aeromotive A1000 basically) and sumped tank, return style system and the book says to set at 40psi but after research 55psi is the shiznit and made a huge difference in the drivability and performance.

I used my griffin radiator for a old 5.0 and bought a 2011 5.0 upper hose with the quick connect fitting and it fit perfect. The lower hose I just made out of a random hose that looked close from NAPA.

I went with the UPR manual brake kit and Im also running manual steering for now. I plan on putting A/C on the car using a 2011 compressor and a Vintage Air condensor and custom making the lines.

Im sure there are a few things I have forgot but if you got any questions just ask. I am going to post a bunch of pics tomorrow.

OH YEA AND YOU GOTTA PUT THE NEW 5.0 EMBLEMS ON
    1986 Mustang GT Hatch w/ Coyote 5.0 swap, Built motor, PT7175 CEA, 4r70w mvb tb tuned by JMS Chip & Performance
    2012 Boss 302 #1130 White and Black w/Vortech supercharger 7lbs 656hp 476tq tuned JMS

Quote Originally Posted by lxsteed View Post
    Do let us know svteezy! Do you have a build thread on it anywhere? I am really torn between selling the coupe for a new stang, or throwing a 4v 5.0 in the coupe.
    I was just like you and I drove the new ones which are really sweet but there is just something about the ole fox with the new motor that is just way cooler then the new car. My dad just bought a new BOSS 302 and it is super nice and performs very well but its nice when your fox is 1000lbs lighter and can walk away from it

Quote Originally Posted by svteezy View Post
    I was just like you and I drove the new ones which are really sweet but there is just something about the ole fox with the new motor that is just way cooler then the new car. My dad just bought a new BOSS 302 and it is super nice and performs very well but its nice when your fox is 1000lbs lighter and can walk away from it
    If you dont mind me asking, how much $$ do you have in the swap and how much more to fit the ac to the car? Also, is the a "simple" garage swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Predator97SVT View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, how much $$ do you have in the swap and how much more to fit the ac to the car? Also, is the a "simple" garage swap?
    Well I got about 7500 in the motor and wiring harness. I have about 1000 in my front suspension. The trans, clutch, bell housing I have 2000 in. Headers were 600. Fuel system was right at 1000. Starter, motor mounts, around 200. I know I'm missing some stuff cause I did a bunch of other stuff while the car was apart. But that's around 12,500 just in the drivetrain.

I'll keep my pushrod ancient technology thank you!

Rookie SVT Poster mean green lx's Avatar
    hell i can swap a ls1 in cheaper....

Quote Originally Posted by mean green lx View Post
    hell i can swap a ls1 in cheaper....
    ls1's have been out for over 10 years so yea they are cheap now. only reason I have so much in mine is because i bought everything brand new from ford because there were no wrecked cars to buy the engine out of. Give it a few years and the swap probably wont cost half that

Quote Originally Posted by svteezy View Post
    ls1's have been out for over 10 years so yea they are cheap now. only reason I have so much in mine is because i bought everything brand new from ford because there were no wrecked cars to buy the engine out of. Give it a few years and the swap probably wont cost half that
    I gotta agree, in another year or 2 you'll be able to pick up everything you need out of a totaled 5.0 for probably close to half the price of new.

12500 hmm not too bad i have about 10k in mine now and thats with all new parts and a few used little parts. ill give it a couple years

Rookie SVT Poster mean green lx's Avatar
    lol only kidding guys,i'm a hugh fan of the little ol 5.0 myself just wanted to see what people would say.

Quote Originally Posted by clean93 View Post
    yes let us know my mind is made up and i want to do this swap. please give us a build sheet and i will start gathering parts.
    I may be selling my built T56 and all the stuff needed to connect the coyote to the rear end. Im going auto because Im going to drag race the car mainly and I know with an auto it will be easier on the drivetrain. This would be perfect for you if your really wanting to do the swap. This is going to include mcleod blowproof bell housing clearanced for the bbk swap LT headers, brand new zoom stage 3 26 spline clutch,fork, adjustable cable, fully built with D&D performance parts T56( has carbon fibre syncros, bronze fork pads,26 spline input shaft, brand new bearing kit, billet inserts for 3/4 shift, and new 3/4 syncro pack.) plus aluminum ford racing drive shaft cut and balanced for the T56 in the fox body.
    Last edited by svteezy; 07-18-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Send me a pm with a price. Does it have a mechanical speedo?

Sold
    03 Mach 1 - Built Teksid - 9200 miles - 2.3 Whipple - T56 - Maximum Motorsports - Forgeline Wheels - Sold
    http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...rid/index.html

93 Coupe - www.93coupe.com Coyote Coupe!
    68 Coupe - Restomod project
    01 Cobra - Black 13k miles
    08 Mazdaspeed3 - DD

Ive got 10k total into my entire coupe with a cammed ls1, t56, twin disc, kooks headers and full rear suspension but that includes the price of the car itself which is in awesome shape.

Im a huge fan of swaps and if it werent for the price of the driveline of the coyote motor that would have been my first choice. Sounds like a cool build man good luck with it.

I thought $5800 for a 412hp, intake to oil pan engine with a 1 year warranty was pretty good.