Thread: Sct mafs

Arizona

Sct mafs

I have been experiencing some problems recently with my car, I have narrowed it down to the maf. The maf in question is a Sct Ba2400, I got this maf back in late 04 early 05 it has worked good for the most part. Now that I am looking into replacing it, it appears that Sct no longer makes the 2400, 2600 looks to be the smallest unit. I have two question; first does sct still make the 2400 hundred series maf, second is if they donít, is the difference between the two great enough that it would require a new tune? I donít really want to fork out the extra money to get a retune on a combination that until now has been great. I guess if I have to get a new tune I might as well get a twin screw, that makes sense right?

Note SCT 2400/2600 MAF's

The only difference between the SCT 2400 and the SCT 2600 is the housings. The SCT2400 is plastic and the SCT2800 metal !!!
    Last edited by AMB; 02-23-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-04 View Post
    I have been experiencing some problems recently with my car, I have narrowed it down to the maf. The maf in question is a Sct Ba2400, I got this maf back in late 04 early 05 it has worked good for the most part. Now that I am looking into replacing it, it appears that Sct no longer makes the 2400, 2600 looks to be the smallest unit. I have two question; first does sct still make the 2400 hundred series maf, second is if they donít, is the difference between the two great enough that it would require a new tune? I donít really want to fork out the extra money to get a retune on a combination that until now has been great. I guess if I have to get a new tune I might as well get a twin screw, that makes sense right?
    SCT had those made; you can still buy those from the original maker.
    Granatelli BA-2400 - Granatelli Big Air Series Mass Air Meters. I'de give them a call and see what they can do for you. You might not have to buy the housing and save a few dollars there too. The thing you want them to be clear on is getting a MAF that matches the flow of the old one so you don't have to re-tune.

Ford Mass Air: Granatelli Motorsports

Jegs sells these too.
    '98 Black Cobra Cpe

'03 Black Cobra Cpe
    Steeda 3 piece Adj. Clutch Quadrant

Quote Originally Posted by T-04 View Post
    second is if they donít, is the difference between the two great enough that it would require a new tune? I donít really want to fork out the extra money to get a retune on a combination that until now has been great. I guess if I have to get a new tune I might as well get a twin screw, that makes sense right?
    On the tune...I was kinda surprised here...

I loaded up the tunes for the BA2400 and BA2600 in the SCT software and compared the tunes. They were identical. Same MAF transfer function table (This the voltage/counts versus kg/hr of air flow). Both tunes scale the fuel stuff by 47%.

BA2400/BA2600 - identical SCT tune - same MAF xfer function table - same 47% scalings
    BA2800/BA3000 - identical SCT tune - same MAF xfer function table - same 40% scalings

If you go with anything other than the BA2400/BA2600 you will definately need a tune. But you'll be set for the future. If you could post what your MAF xfer function table has in it; I could tell you if it matches the SCT 2600 to be sure.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but I've got a related question...I've been having an issue with a surging idle (jumps from 300 rpm to 900 rpm) and stalling after coming to a stop before the car is up to operating temperature. I just replaced the IAC and it's still doing it so my next course of action is to replace the MAF. I was thinking of putting in a BA 2600, but can I do this on an otherwise stock car without getting a tune? I wouldn't think the difference between it and stock would really matter without any mods other than a CAI, but I'm no expert. I'm not going to be upgrading the blower and getting a tune until December, but I can't live with the way the car is currently running until then so I've got to get something new. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Present Hotness:
    '98GT: Under Construction...waiting on a heart
    '03 Terminator: Daily Driver
    '06 Fatboy: Chrome Cruiser
    '10 Raptor: Badass Mulch Hauler
    Looking for something new...of the GT500 flavor...

"Did you earn your freedom or did you let someone else do it for you?"

Crazy SVT Poster 04screamingvert's Avatar
    Have you clean the SCT unit? I clean mine every year. Cleaner can be had at autozone.

2003 Cobra
    Zinc Yellow
    ===========

Air Induction - JLT Carbon Fiber Ram Air, Amsoil EaAu4090 filter, Dragon Throttle Body, Posi ported Dragon Plenum
    Supercharger - Posi Ported Eaton Supercharger 16.5 pounds of boost
    Cooling - 170* Reische Performance Thermostat, Lethal Performance Intercooler Coolant Reservoir, Afco Pro Series Heat Exchanger, LDC Head Cooling Mod
    Drivetrain - Tremec 26 spline input shaft, McLeod RST Twin Disk Clutch, McLeod Steel Flywheel, Fiore Micro-Click Firewall Adjuster, Level 2 T56 upgrade w/bronze pads, McLeod Clutch Quadrant, LPW Differential Cover, Billet Throwout Bearing Sleeve, LubeLocker Differential Gasket, MGW Shifter
    Fuel System - Dual Ford GT Pumps, Fore Dual Pump Hat, Sieman-Deka 63lb injectors, Dual FPDM, 8 gauge power wire upgrade
    Monitoring - Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges with SOS A-Pillar Gauge Pod with Raptor Shift Light, 3.5 bar Map Sensor, Hilton 16# Boost Overlay
    Exhaust - JBA 1 5/8" Headers, Borla 14858 Catback, MRT catted H-pipe
    Braking - 10th Anniversary Front Brake Calipers, G2 Painted Rear Brake Calipers, Hawk HPS brake pads, Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Full Tilt Boogie Racing Heavy Duty Front Rotors FT8000HD, Rear Rotors FT8200
    Suspension - Maximum Motorsports XL Subframes, Maximum Motorsports Chrome Caster Camber Plates, Maximum Motorsports Valved Bilstein Sport Shocks and Struts, Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda Differential Bushings, Maximum Motorsports Rear Spring Isolators
    Pulleys - 2.90 Reichard Racing Non-slip Supercharger Pulley, 4# Metco Lower Crank Pulley, 3.5" Alternator Pulley, Metco Dual Bearing Idlers
    Ignition - TR7IX Stock Gapped at .035", Optima Red Top
    Rims&Tires - 1995 Cobra R Chrome Wheels 17x9 17x10.5, Nitto NT05 315/35 Rear Tires, Stock Eagle 275/40 Front Tires
    Tune - Custom tune, SCT Xcalibrator 3
    Windows - 35% Tint
    Bacon Detector - Valentine V1

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlue98GT View Post
    I was thinking of putting in a BA 2600, but can I do this on an otherwise stock car without getting a tune?
    No. The computer has to know exactly how much air is getting into the engine and the BA2600 and any other MAF or extender will throw the numbers way off. A tune is required to make sense of it all.

Using the max volts/counts from a BA2600 as an example; the stock tune would think there was about 64 pounds/min of air when in reality there probably around 108 #/min of air. This would cause a very lean situation. The BA2600 tune sets max volts/counts to 51 #/min of air; but all the other 47% scaling in the tune causes the proper amount of fuel to be added to get the correct A/F ratio for around 108 #/min. 1350-1450 CFM depending on alititude and temperature and other things?

I've got a new sct BA 2600 for sale. Never used. 6 months old. Lmk pm me if interested.
    2003 Cobra 10th
    VMP TVS w/ 2.8 pulley, GT500 throttle body, JLT gen2 cold air intake, SCT BA2600, AMR 1 5/8" Long tubes w/2.5" collectors, AMR catted mid, Borla Stingers, Full return fuel system w/ (3) GSS342 pumps, Division X rails, 80lbs injectors, Reich performance thermostat, Afco h/e w/dual fans, tri-ax shifter, and much more.

New SVT Poster

sct 2600

Is the sct2600 still for sale. I would be interested if it is. Mike 618-920-796nine
    Last edited by funkfords; 02-22-2013 at 09:14 AM.

New SVT Poster

sct 2600

Is the sct2600 still for sale. I would be interested if it is. Mike 618-920-796nine

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Cobra View Post
    No. The computer has to know exactly how much air is getting into the engine and the BA2600 and any other MAF or extender will throw the numbers way off. A tune is required to make sense of it all.

Using the max volts/counts from a BA2600 as an example; the stock tune would think there was about 64 pounds/min of air when in reality there probably around 108 #/min of air. This would cause a very lean situation. The BA2600 tune sets max volts/counts to 51 #/min of air; but all the other 47% scaling in the tune causes the proper amount of fuel to be added to get the correct A/F ratio for around 108 #/min. 1350-1450 CFM depending on alititude and temperature and other things?
    Yeah, what he said!!!! Change the MAF sensor or the tube diameter and you will HAVE to retune to calibrate actual airflow to MAF sensor output. There are sources for the equivalent of the SCT BA 2400 as others have posted. I'd put back in an exact replacement for what's in there now.
    Whipple 140AX (20# boost), SCT 2400 MAF, 60# injs., dual GT pumps w/upgraded FPDM, Accufab SBTB, JDM air kit and JDM tune. Stock exhaust so you won't know you're about to get whacked.

Sorry, sold