Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
  1. #1
    Insane SVT Poster AZSN95SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,306

    What's it gonna take to beat an H/C/I foxbody?

    Just as the title states what mods is it going to take to beat an HCI foxbody?
    How fast are these cars running? I know they're gonna make over 300rwhp on a good set up, and they are lighter than an sn95 cobra. There's a guy with an 89 fox that has hci and bolt ons, short shifter and who knows what else. My car is a basically stock 97 Cobra with an off road x. I know I can't beat it with just that mod lol.

    My future mods are 4.10 gears, JLT cai, and drag radials (nitto 555R's). Possibly a tuner as well. Oh and can't forget the short shifter that I need. I plan to do these mods rapidly. DR's and shifter/cai should arrive next week.

    Well this didn't even mod that fox, he just bought it that way, (really hate it when they want to race and talk so much crap and they didn't even build it themselves). He probably doesn't even know the exact mods. Anyways I need to squash to shut him and his friends up.

    Will that suffice to take out this fox?
    1997 Crystal White Cobra Current
    1997 Rio Red GT SOLD 8/18/2011


  2. #2
    SVT God epracmetcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2003
    Location
    rockford, IL
    Posts
    1,695
    Here's what I would do.

    Buy a used nitrous kit for roughly 250-350 bux.

    Buy a 255lph fuel pump for 100 bux

    Jet it for 125 and and maybe a touch on the rich side.

    Hope he has a mild hci combo.


    1980 Mustang Coupe.
    2011 VW GTI
    97 Pacific green cobra (sold)
    90 Mustang LX Coupe (sold)
    94 Rio Red Cobra(sold)

  3. #3
    Insane SVT Poster luke87gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    1,170
    You can follow the simple recipe in my sig to get in the ballpark of 300rwhp...

    If you want to take him down in the cheapest way possible, a 125 shot of nitrous will do that easily.
    Stangless

  4. #4
    Richard Head Blown_By_You's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2005
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by luke87gt View Post
    You can follow the simple recipe in my sig to get in the ballpark of 300rwhp...

    If you want to take him down in the cheapest way possible, a 125 shot of nitrous will do that easily.
    The fox is going to be quicker than you think..its a light car. If he has gears as well as a good hci, you don't stand a chance

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    95 Crystal White Cobra #702
    Blown HCI Pushrod Powah

  5. #5
    Insane SVT Poster AZSN95SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,306
    Nitrous seems to be the solution but I probably won't really ever use it past this one time and maybe at the track a few times so it's almost lost money.
    But I really do hope it's a light HCI combo!

    yah the fox is a light car, and with some good hci power it's not gonna be a turd at all. I haven't seen it but have heard it's a pretty nasty hci fox.

    Luke87gt: nice thanks for putting that in your sig. Very few mods and you reached 304rwhp and a good torque figure. That seems like the way to go in the future since I plan on staying NA. But I'm not quite sure that's enough to beat the fox right now.


    I might add that I am probably a better driver than him, he might not even have DR's nor know how to launch for all I know. And he did just buy this car fully modded recently.

  6. #6
    SVT God red9450's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2005
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    3,795
    it depends... I've seen some very quick, mildly modded foxes, and some that claim HCI ect... and aren't all that impressive. unless it's a custom cam, aluminum headed HCI car, it prob wont be north of 300...
    SOLD
    96 crystal white cobra.
    289/286
    [email protected] 1.84 60'

    Sold.
    ~2-tone~1997 Cobra---built motor, vortech, 18" FRs ect...SOLD

    96 Laser Red Cobra t56, 70mm single turbo, ect... SOLD

    MACA Member #276

    G3 HP180
    225hp merc optimax jet
    6" at 60mph

  7. #7
    Insane SVT Poster AZSN95SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,306
    Yah I've seen the same thing. My friend has a HCI 95 5.0, doesn't seem to have much top end at all. I'm not sure what's done exactly to this foxbody because the owner doesn't either. I'll have to listen to the cam, see how aggressive it sounds.

    There will probably be dig races, if he can't launch too well I might have him.
    What would be a sweet spot to race him at a roll? I have to let my top end open up that's for sure.

  8. #8
    Crazy SVT Poster Quin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2008
    Location
    Columbus, IN
    Posts
    569
    The mods you're planning, plus a cheap wet kit. Should be fine. If you run from a roll, start north of 3500 RPMs. I used to go from 40 rolls in first with stock gears.
    NSFW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yImCc...layer_embedded
    My single wide trailer has ZR1 wheels and window tint.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    A.v
    Posts
    913
    I call bs if he's young and he bought it that way, its prob got a e303 cam in it or something. Chances are hes got a gt40 setup which isnt gonna make more then 280whp in most cases. I say race him the way you are if you can drive your car well enough i say you stand a fighting chance. Just dont miss shift. How does the fox look i use to own a 89 with a gt40 setup and my 4v i have now would mop it up, Its just gonna generate a lot better torque than your cobra. And he has a weight advantage by maybe 1-200 pounds... Race him!!!

  10. #10
    Crazy SVT Poster Tyler72's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2011
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    661
    If its a big deal... throw on some spray to ensure you will win. Hide the kit well enough so that he thinks you ate his lunch N/A. That would shut him up. If its just for fun, I say race him as is, I think you have a good chance as I could hang with a few mildly modded fox cars when mine was stock with no real issues. Then even if you loose by a little, tell him big deal, his HCI modded Fox car barely beat you bone stock cobra...


    2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca #308. School Bus Yellow, Fully optioned. Airaid CF CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes w/ Catted x pipe, Kooks cat back. MGW shifter. JHR clutch line. Amsoil fluids. AED Cool Aid drunken. Eibach R2 coilovers & adjustable sway bars. Maximum motorsports C/C plates. J&M lower control arms. BMR relocation brackets, panhard bar, upper control arm, & mount. Splitter, brake cooling ducts, trans cooler duct, all installed for track use, just how it should be!

  11. #11
    Insane SVT Poster AZSN95SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    The mods you're planning, plus a cheap wet kit. Should be fine. If you run from a roll, start north of 3500 RPMs. I used to go from 40 rolls in first with stock gears.
    So I'm definitely going to need some nitrous than? I was hoping gears, DRs, shifter, cai and x pipe would suffice as that's damn near or in the high 12's, porbably low 13s. Well yah I know north of 3500k rpms, I know our power curves just wanted to see if anyone knew a certain speed to be in. Holy crap 1st at 40mph??!?!?! That's crazy hahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1989Gt. View Post
    I call bs if he's young and he bought it that way, its prob got a e303 cam in it or something. Chances are hes got a gt40 setup which isnt gonna make more then 280whp in most cases. I say race him the way you are if you can drive your car well enough i say you stand a fighting chance. Just dont miss shift. How does the fox look i use to own a 89 with a gt40 setup and my 4v i have now would mop it up, Its just gonna generate a lot better torque than your cobra. And he has a weight advantage by maybe 1-200 pounds... Race him!!!
    He's around 30ish. I haven't been able to talk to him about it much, the one time I did get to he didn't even sound like knew the mods exactly. I'm hoping it's a GT40 set up since as you are saying that's less than 300rwhp. You also seem to have first hand experience as you've had both cars. Stock shifter so anything can happen, yet I've only missed 3rd twice so shouldn't be too much of an issue. Yah he will have a boat load of torque compared to me down low, but that's what 4.10 gears are for . Yah he does have a weight advantage :/. You really think I have stand a chance stock? I'm not sure, I don't know too much about the pushrods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler72 View Post
    If its a big deal... throw on some spray to ensure you will win. Hide the kit well enough so that he thinks you ate his lunch N/A. That would shut him up. If its just for fun, I say race him as is, I think you have a good chance as I could hang with a few mildly modded fox cars when mine was stock with no real issues. Then even if you loose by a little, tell him big deal, his HCI modded Fox car barely beat you bone stock cobra...
    Everyone's conclusion is nitrous. It is kind of a big deal as I see these people every sunday at church haha. I don't mind losing to a well done car, but I hate losing to someone who didn't even mod their car; they just simply went out and bought it and haven't put anything into it and think they are the $&!+. I say +1 on hiding a kit! That's exactly what I was thinking, my car is almost bone stock and if he wins barely it's not much of an accomplishment as his has a lot of work done to it. But these people that are instigating the race are retards; they have no clue about racing. They don't understand the whole power to weight ratio, they won't even give a thought to the fact that that fox has a lot of money into it while mine has nothing into. They are used to their civics and such.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    A.v
    Posts
    913
    [QUOTE=AZSN95SNAKE;11031302]So I'm definitely going to need some nitrous than? I was hoping gears, DRs, shifter, cai and x pipe would suffice as that's damn near or in the high 12's, porbably low 13s. Well yah I know north of 3500k rpms, I know our power curves just wanted to see if anyone knew a certain speed to be in. Holy crap 1st at 40mph??!?!?! That's crazy hahaha.

    He's around 30ish. I haven't been able to talk to him about it much, the one time I did get to he didn't even sound like knew the mods exactly. I'm hoping it's a GT40 set up since as you are saying that's less than 300rwhp. You also seem to have first hand experience as you've had both cars. Stock shifter so anything can happen, yet I've only missed 3rd twice so shouldn't be too much of an issue. Yah he will have a boat load of torque compared to me down low, but that's what 4.10 gears are for . Yah he does have a weight advantage :/. You really think I have stand a chance stock? I'm not sure, I don't know too much about the pushrods.


    I thinnk for sure if he has the gt40 setup you can take him, Or it would be a good race he honestly prob doesnt have heads im sorry but if he doesnt know jack about his car someone prob con-ed him into buying that car saying it has a full h/c/i swap what intake is on it from what you could see? If he has a trickflow intake he might have matching heads and you prob wont win, if you see a cobra intake then its prob the gt40 setup (not saying this is a for sure thing but its usually a easy way to see) also if he does have aluminum heads they should stick out like a sore thumb in that engine bay look at the heads. No aluminum=WIN for the cobra lol

  13. #13
    SVT God
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leesburg,VA
    Posts
    1,728
    Do u know Wut hci the fox has? My service manager has a notch with gt40 heads e cam and a cobra intake mani with 3.90 gears and my Cobra shits on him on any given day. And im at 305/270. On his setup they only trap like @100. In the 1/4. Run that fox from a roll.
    1989 Vermillion Red Notchback
    2003 Silver Metallic Cobra Coupe- SOLD
    2003 Dark Shadow Grey Cobra Vert #1551- SOLD
    2003 Dark Shadow Grey Cobra Coupe #6513- SOLD

    1989 Bright Regatta Blue Notchback-SOLD
    1997 Rio Red Cobra Coupe#2779-SOLD


  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    A.v
    Posts
    913
    [QUOTE=AZSN95SNAKE;11031302]So I'm definitely going to need some nitrous than? I was hoping gears, DRs, shifter, cai and x pipe would suffice as that's damn near or in the high 12's, porbably low 13s. Well yah I know north of 3500k rpms, I know our power curves just wanted to see if anyone knew a certain speed to be in. Holy crap 1st at 40mph??!?!?! That's crazy hahaha.

    He's around 30ish. I haven't been able to talk to him about it much, the one time I did get to he didn't even sound like knew the mods exactly. I'm hoping it's a GT40 set up since as you are saying that's less than 300rwhp. You also seem to have first hand experience as you've had both cars. Stock shifter so anything can happen, yet I've only missed 3rd twice so shouldn't be too much of an issue. Yah he will have a boat load of torque compared to me down low, but that's what 4.10 gears are for . Yah he does have a weight advantage :/. You really think I have stand a chance stock? I'm not sure, I don't know too much about the pushrods.


    I thinnk for sure if he has the gt40 setup you can take him, Or it would be a good race he honestly prob doesnt have heads im sorry but if he doesnt know jack about his car someone prob con-ed him into buying that car saying it has a full h/c/i swap what intake is on it from what you could see? If he has a trickflow intake he might have matching heads and you prob wont win, if you see a cobra intake then its prob the gt40 setup (not saying this is a for sure thing but its usually a easy way to see) also if he does have aluminum heads they should stick out like a sore thumb in that engine bay look at the heads. No aluminum=WIN for the cobra lol

  15. #15
    ModularFive.ohohoh 4.6mustang5.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2011
    Location
    Spring/Cypress, Texas
    Posts
    192
    I say find out what heads he is running, if they arent nice aluminum ones then smoke that piece regardless how nasty it sounds, my 5.0 hci sounds like it would smoke anything but its a big fat turd e303, edelbrock performer intake, and gt40 port&polish, and its a low 14 @97mph, get your gears and ur other basic mods and run him

    if he wins, put the jug on your car, and dust his shit talking ass next time
    Last edited by 4.6mustang5.0; 09-11-2011 at 05:55 PM.

  16. #16
    Insane SVT Poster AZSN95SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,306
    1989Gt.: Well than I hope it is the gt40 set up he has. I think even if it's the gt40 set up it will be a good race as we will probably be pushing around the same power but with 4.10's on my car the game changes. But he might also have gears, he doesn't know and I've never seen it take off so idk yet. Eh could be true but idk everyone else is saying it's hci. I haven't seen under his hood yet, and he might not even let me? Ha yah if it's anything trickflow heads/intake combo I realize it's a pretty serious 5.0. If I do get a chance to look under it's hood, as he will probably want to see under mine (he won't know about 4.10s ) I'll keep an eye out for aluminum heads and the manifold.

    lafeva: No I don't know what set up exactly, haven't seen under his hood. oh wow all those mods and you still mopped the floor with him? Nice! What are your mods since you make 305/270? Torque is slacking a bit there.

    4.6msutang5.0: Everyone is saying to check for aluminum heads, that's what I'm going to have to do. I'll have to pretend I just want to check out his car. He's super eager to race me, apparently he launched the other day just messing around and the shocks bottomed out and is waiting on some new ones. Really hope he's not actually getting some spray! Oh man and I bet if I was next to a beasty sounding 5.0 like that I probably wouldn't give it a go but you are saying it ain't all that. That's the same as others have said, so I'll most definitely try and get his set up. I agree I'll have to get my mods on asap. A JLT cai will arrive on Friday as well as some DR's. I'm trying to get a date to do the gear install; I sold my GT so I kind of need my car everyday.

  17. #17
    Procharged! 97desertCobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Back in the USA!
    Posts
    4,757
    What part of AZ are you in? It's been a while since I was in the street racing scene in Phoenix(got busted so no more for me). If this is a race for fun or pride then I say **** getting nitrous. Run him n/a to see how you stack up. If it is for money then I would strongly consider getting a kit and hiding it. Maybe not spray a 150 shot but a 75, so you can stay just enough ahead of him so he will think that with a few more mods he can take you. Then when he comes back to race you again up the jets to 150 and burn him again.

  18. #18
    Insane SVT Poster AZSN95SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by 97desertCobra View Post
    What part of AZ are you in? It's been a while since I was in the street racing scene in Phoenix(got busted so no more for me). If this is a race for fun or pride then I say **** getting nitrous. Run him n/a to see how you stack up. If it is for money then I would strongly consider getting a kit and hiding it. Maybe not spray a 150 shot but a 75, so you can stay just enough ahead of him so he will think that with a few more mods he can take you. Then when he comes back to race you again up the jets to 150 and burn him again.
    I'm in Chandler, you? Ohhh yah once you get busted or have a near death experience it kind of deters you haha. I don't really street race either, I only race people I know and in good conditions like good road and no traffic. It's not for me but it's for these dudes to quit talking smack with a car they didn't even build. Everyone is saying nitrous well hidden. But yah true I like your method start with a 75shot and up it if necessary.

    Hey are you interested in a Cobra cruise? If you look in the "A Taste of Home" section in the southwest region there's a cruise coming up for Cobras/Mustangs in AZ. It's mostly Cobras but got a foxbody and a few GTs going. I think some GTOs and a corvette maybe as well.

  19. #19
    Insane SVT Poster svtcobralover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSN95SNAKE View Post
    Just as the title states what mods is it going to take to beat an HCI foxbody?
    How fast are these cars running? I know they're gonna make over 300rwhp on a good set up, and they are lighter than an sn95 cobra. There's a guy with an 89 fox that has hci and bolt ons, short shifter and who knows what else. My car is a basically stock 97 Cobra with an off road x. I know I can't beat it with just that mod lol.

    My future mods are 4.10 gears, JLT cai, and drag radials (nitto 555R's). Possibly a tuner as well. Oh and can't forget the short shifter that I need. I plan to do these mods rapidly. DR's and shifter/cai should arrive next week.

    Well this didn't even mod that fox, he just bought it that way, (really hate it when they want to race and talk so much crap and they didn't even build it themselves). He probably doesn't even know the exact mods. Anyways I need to squash to shut him and his friends up.

    Will that suffice to take out this fox?

    To be perfectly honest you sound young and like you just got your car. (I was there at one point.)Having to race someone and post up on the internet and find every advantage is just foolish in my opinion. Not trying to be rude man but its not even worth the effort. All your doing is having a dick measureing contest with this guy.
    If you really had to do it I would just suggest to throw some 4.30's in and drag radials and a shifter and call it a day. This will cost you about $1k but the gears are what will make this biggest difference. A CAI doesnt do shit, just throw a K&N air filter and your good to go.


    96 Cobra-Fully Built 294rwhp and 295trq Project Venom
    97 Cobra-R.I.P Black Beauty

  20. #20
    Insane SVT Poster AZSN95SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,306
    .
    Last edited by AZSN95SNAKE; 09-12-2011 at 12:25 PM.

  21. #21
    SVT God mustangmanjeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    somewhereland mexico CT
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by 4.6mustang5.0 View Post
    I say find out what heads he is running, if they arent nice aluminum ones then smoke that piece regardless how nasty it sounds, my 5.0 hci sounds like it would smoke anything but its a big fat turd e303, edelbrock performer intake, and gt40 port&polish, and its a low 14 @97mph, get your gears and ur other basic mods and run him

    if he wins, put the jug on your car, and dust his shit talking ass next time
    haha if your only running 14's@97 with h/c/i on your gt it has to have something wrong with it! lol my 95 gt with just intake exaust and gears ran a mid 14@95+mph, you should be in the 12's and 13's trapping between 104-108,they make around 270-300rwhp with most h/c/i setup. your 1/4 times of 14's@97 sounds pretty much stock,ive seen as fast as 14.8@96 1/4 for a bone stock 94-95 gt.

    H/C/I can vary so much on these cars, I have had 3 diff h/c/i setups on my 5.0 and it verried so much in power and how it ran and power range.most will dyno around 270-300rwhp so a full bolt on geared tire 96-98 cobra will be a good race for a basic h/c/i bolt on 5.0 car,but there are some rare cars like a friend of my who has a stock heads cammed foxbody all he did was intake exaust,gears,tire and weight reduction and driver mod he runs mid 12'@108 still on stock heads cam 5.0 with just the bolt ons. so its hard to say


    Hell I have a built 306 h/c/i with big comp cam, ported aluminum trickflow heads high compression and I would lose to his stock h/c/i car. so depends the setup.
    Last edited by mustangmanjeff; 09-13-2011 at 07:43 PM.
    1995 MUSTANG GT

    306ci H/C/I BOLT ON'S N/A



  22. #22
    NA FTW Chris _Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,144
    Man up.. Get some REAL gears.. 4.56/4.88

    BTW. the stock intake is a true CAI anyways, don't waste your money. K&N and call it a day.

    Just my advise.. Feel free to waste your time, money, and effort as you please though.
    Idle video and take off!
    Carburetor Swap Build Thread
    Carb'd & Cammed Modular 4v Cobra
    2870lbs in FULL street trim
    Murdered C6 Corvette

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    A.v
    Posts
    913
    Lol just try to find out what he has and i say race him you got this bro just out drive him launch it like a beast.

  24. #24
    Insane SVT Poster AZSN95SNAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by svtcobralover View Post
    To be perfectly honest you sound young and like you just got your car. (I was there at one point.)Having to race someone and post up on the internet and find every advantage is just foolish in my opinion. Not trying to be rude man but its not even worth the effort. All your doing is having a dick measureing contest with this guy.
    If you really had to do it I would just suggest to throw some 4.30's in and drag radials and a shifter and call it a day. This will cost you about $1k but the gears are what will make this biggest difference. A CAI doesnt do shit, just throw a K&N air filter and your good to go.
    I am young, and no I didn't just get my car lol. I just haven't modded it as most of my time went into my GT that I owned for 2+years. The mods I listed that I want to do within the next month are mods that I researched and came to the conclusion that they are the right path to get into the 12's with a few more stuff not on that list. Than wouldn't every guy who ever researched a certain car and the mods they want be taking advantage and thus be termed foolish as well? Just a thought. And no by no means you are not being rude, I respect your opinions. And yes it is almost a dick measuring contest haha I have to beat this guy. I don't mind losing but not to this guy lol. Yes I already know gears is the best mod for 96-98 cobras as our torque curve is pretty far up in the RPM range. I know the basic mods, and yah some people say no on getting a CAI but I like the way the JLT looks haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmanjeff View Post
    H/C/I can vary so much on these cars, I have had 3 diff h/c/i setups on my 5.0 and it verried so much in power and how it ran and power range.most will dyno around 270-300rwhp so a full bolt on geared tire 96-98 cobra will be a good race for a basic h/c/i bolt on 5.0 car,but there are some rare cars like a friend of my who has a stock heads cammed foxbody all he did was intake exaust,gears,tire and weight reduction and driver mod he runs mid 12'@108 still on stock heads cam 5.0 with just the bolt ons. so its hard to say
    Hell I have a built 306 h/c/i with big comp cam, ported aluminum trickflow heads high compression and I would lose to his gt 40 h/c/i car. so depends the setup.
    Yah I've seen some beastly 5.0s with little to no mods and slicks, crazy. But thanks for all that info that's good to know (all the hci combo stuff). I think I will be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris _Scott View Post
    Man up.. Get some REAL gears.. 4.56/4.88

    BTW. the stock intake is a true CAI anyways, don't waste your money. K&N and call it a day.

    Just my advise.. Feel free to waste your time, money, and effort as you please though.
    Haha Those are some insane gear ratios! If only it was just a weekend car if only. I sold my GT which was my dd so now I'm daily driving the snake. I actually only drive in town street driving though, so that steep of gears wouldn't be a bad idea. Hahaha I'm going to have to do some more research on the cai, JLT makes big claims with some dyno graphs and some folks I know with the JLT love that intake. I had a K&N filter on my GT than went to a cai and actually felt some tiny bit of power (with a tuner though) compared to just a k&n filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1989Gt. View Post
    Lol just try to find out what he has and i say race him you got this bro just out drive him launch it like a beast.
    Yah I will press him on the mods. I'll try and launch like a boss lol. With gears and DR's it should launch pretty darn well.

  25. #25
    Ice cream paint job SVT Pille's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    CT / Guam
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by lafeva View Post
    Do u know Wut hci the fox has? My service manager has a notch with gt40 heads e cam and a cobra intake mani with 3.90 gears and my Cobra shits on him on any given day. And im at 305/270. On his setup they only trap like @100. In the 1/4. Run that fox from a roll.
    Lol bro the FRPP hci's are nothing to write home about. E cam is way dated, and the gt40 top end is decent at best so I'm not surprised you rolled on him.

    But OP... If he's got a good setup like AFR or trick flow heads I'd watch out because you're looking at about 310 wheel in a car that weighs roughly 3000 pounds. I think you'll have a hard time beating him with just bolt on's.

    Dont build your car to beat someone else's, it's a waste of time and money. Enjoy the car for what it is. It's all about having fun, and if you can't do that then what's the point?
    Last edited by SVT Pille; 09-12-2011 at 04:18 PM.


    Sold: '98 Camaro Z/28
    Sold: '94 SVT Cobra #2684
    Sold: '04 Mystichrome SVT Cobra #781
    Sold: '01 E55 ///AMG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •