Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Social Networking

Follow SID297 On Twitter Add SID297 on Facebook Add SID297 on Google+ Visit SID297's Youtube Channel

SVTPerformance Show'n'Shine Saloon Gets Modded

SVTPerformance Show'n'Shine Saloon Gets Modded

SVTP has some big plans for our dedicated paint, detailing, and body modification forum Show'n'Shine Saloon in 2012. We’re pleased to announce that Kevin Tetz from TRUCKS TV will now be helping us out in there by moderating and providing information on how to properly detail, repair, and/or modify your bodywork.

In addition to being a well known automotive television personality, Kevin has owned his own restoration shop, managed collision centers, and has learned from masters of automotive restoration. He has held ASE, ICAR, SIKKENS, PPG, and MARTIN SENOUR certifications, so it’s pretty safe to say when it comes to body work he knows his stuff. Further, Kevin is also an accomplished automotive journalist, writing for magazines such as Southern and Northern Rodder, Mustang Monthly, Modified Mustangs & Fords, and Ford Performance Trucks (I really miss that one).

Kevin has been on TV since 2003, including features on “Popular Hot Rodding” TV, three seasons hosting “Classic Rides” and co producing “Classic Car Restoration” on DIY. As mentioned earlier, he currently hosts the popular TRUCKS series that airs weekly on Spike TV, focusing on “How To” projects and upgrades. Speaking of “How To”, his Paintucation instructional DVD series, which was launched in 2000, teaches viewers the fundamentals of paint, bodywork, and restoration techniques.

To top it all off, Kevin owns a 2000 Harley Davidson F-150 with a 2002 SVT Lightning drivetrain. Best of all, he built it himself. It’s a real honor to have someone as well versed in automotive-arts as Kevin sharing his knowledge with the SVTP community. Not only will we be having some great tech discussions, but we’ll also be working with Kevin in the near future to produce some exclusive articles and videos covering some of the most popular detailing and restyling topics you see on SVTP.

Until then, please check out Show'n'Shine Saloon and welcome Kevin (he goes by KTTrucks) to SVTP.

-SID297
    Silver 04 Lightning (aka The Defiant) Build date: 04/19/04 Delivered: 5/15/04

Let's crank up the boost and see what shakes loose.

Great news and a great guy! Welcome aboard.
    VMP TVS. 2.8 from VMP and a 6lb Combo by Metco - JLT RAI - SCT Big Air 3000 - Dragon T/B - 80lb inj's - Single Modified FPDM - Twin GT pumps -bap- Afco dual pass H/E - LMM Air Bags in rear - High Boost Overlay - Kooks 1 5/8 Lt's - Kooks o/r x-pipe - Borla Catback - Head cooling mod - SCT X-Cal - 5 Gallon IC Resivoir - Fully Built 8.8 Solid Axle - Weld Wheels - 28" Mickey Thompson Stiff Walls - TF Victory Wheels- Posi ported lower intake - Autometer Phantom Boost & Fuel pressure gages-Built 4R70W by FB Performance-Transbrake...

VMP TVS Powered!

742hp through an Auto.

Kevin Tetz, welcome. One thing I've always wanted to say to Trucks TV! was to hurry up and FINISH/AIR the Mazda Ranger. Terminator Motor & IRS. Thank you if you can expedite this.

Joe
    -Joe-
    2003 Sonic Blue Terminator Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Zinc03Cobra View Post
    lol @ "winter"

Hold my beer n watch this Bluebolt's Avatar
    That's awesome Sid. Welcome Kevin. Looking forward to some good right up and videos

Premium Member
    LOL! We are working on it as we speak.... Im finishing bodywork, plumbing is nearly done still waiting on some small parts, and should start/run it within this month... Personally, if we get that truck finished the way we want it... nothing else matters! It should be strong when it's done. Thanks for watching, and thanks for the kind words and welcome... we've got some cool plans for this site and forum... we'll need your help to make it all happen though.

Thanks!!

KT.

Awesome news! This will be awesome.

2003 Cobra 10th Anniversary Convertible
    SVT BUILD#4759 OF 5082
    ANNIVERSARY BUILD#1132 OF 2003

New longblock from Tousley Ford, Whipple 2.3 /Bassani high flow cat midpipe/Borla Stinger polished catback.
    Tuned by TIM BARTH! Rolling on 18" CCW Full Polished Classics

My Social Networking

Follow SID297 On Twitter Add SID297 on Facebook Add SID297 on Google+ Visit SID297's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by KTTrucks View Post
    LOL! We are working on it as we speak.... Im finishing bodywork, plumbing is nearly done still waiting on some small parts, and should start/run it within this month... Personally, if we get that truck finished the way we want it... nothing else matters! It should be strong when it's done. Thanks for watching, and thanks for the kind words and welcome... we've got some cool plans for this site and forum... we'll need your help to make it all happen though.

Thanks!!

KT.
    Should make for a good series.

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE N2DAMYSTIC's Avatar
    Very cool and welcome Kevin! Doing a resto on a 67 mustang coupe so I will look forward to your posts, and show as always!
    N2DAMYSTIC

Tuned by Horsepower by Herman

Proud Member of the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association

Quote Originally Posted by LS1PUSSOUT View Post
    I mean sometimes I just really think people have issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Theft Auto View Post
    this thread is full of win!

Really?

Insane SVT Poster IcebourgGT500's Avatar
    Sounds great !!! Great to see "celeb's" working with the forum!!!
    2014 Shelby GT500 Coupe, BLK/BLK, Perf Pac, Trac Pac, Recaro, No Stripes ( RWHP?? )
    2011 FX4, BLK/BLK ExtraCab, EcoBoost, 358 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    2011 Shelby GT500 Coupe, BLK/BLK, Perf Pac, No Stripes, 482 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    2009 STX F150, BLK/BLK Single Cab, Stepside, 205 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    2007 C6 ZO6 BLK/BLK, 531 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    2007 Trailblazer SS, BLK/BLK, 424 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    2006 Trailblazer SS, BLK/BLK, 410 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    2005 C6, Z51, BLK/BLK, 445 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    2003 SVT Cobra, BLK/BLK, 535 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    1998 Formula WS6, BLK/BLK, 436 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    1998 Camaro, Z28, BLK/BLK, 355 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    1996 SVT Cobra, BLK/BLK, 337 RWHP ( Sold!! )
    1989 LX 5.0, BLK/BLK, 276 RWHP ( Sold!! - Memories!! )
    1979 Ford Fairmont Station Wagon, Silver-Red Int, "The Car" that scarred me for life!!

WERA #505 Supersport = Sportbikes TOO Many to List!!

Welcome aboard! I watch the show all the time, and it's GREAT to have you associated with SVTP!!!
    Derrick
    Black 1987 Mustang LX 5.0 - pretty much stock, currently restoring
    Comp Orange 2004 Mustang GT - pretty much stock, Coyote swap in the future
    Past: bolt-on 2006 Mustang GT, built 2000 SVT Lightning

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR StacyStangz's Avatar
    Premium Member
    Kevin,
    I am super thrilled to hear about your upcoming shows along with your serious body work expertise... It is going to be a great year on SVTP.

* By the way, Mustang Week is July 16-22. lol

"When Life starts to pass you by... DOWN SHIFT!"

New SVT Poster
    Badass! "Trucks" is a great show. The current hosts have really improved it.
    2005 Mustang GT
    Novi 1200 and stuff
    1.83 60', 7.41 @ 96, 11.58 @ 119

welcome kevin, have enjoyed the show for many years now. FYI if you need to do any mods on a ford escape let me know lol jk

+100000 that's awesome news!!! Kevin knows his stuff, no doubt about it!!
    -2003 SB Lightning
    --2013 GT500 TVS powered--
    -2005 Expedition 5.4
    -2013 Escape 2.0 ecoboost
    --212/236 at the wheels LoL--

Awesome! Welcome aboard..
    2003 Mineral Grey Cobra
    www.mystation200.com

Hey Kevin, it's really great to see you on the forums and I've REALLY enjoyed watching your terminator Ranger build.

I've built a couple V8 Rangers myself. One was a full on hot rod and the other was my daily driven AWD 302 Ranger. You can see them at http://www.v8-ranger.com

Of course I'm a terminator owner too and have since I purchased my Cobra brand new in 03. Many smiles and miles over the years. Great to see you on here.

Love the show, been watching it for years.

All the best
    Malcolm
    03 Cobra

2.9 Whipple crusher @ 27.5 PSI, return fuel system, fore hat, fuel rails, ID 1000 injectors, PTFE teflon fuel hose -10 supply, -8 return, Fore FPR, GT500 slot MAF
    Tuned myself with SCT PRP
    -19cc diamond pistons, 26 spline, RXT twin disk, McLeod steel retainer, fiore firewall adjuster, steeda quick release quadrant, MGW shifter, N2MB WOT shift box, billet flow idlers, LFP heat exchanger, Bassani catless X, Borla Stingers, DynoJet wideband, speedhut gauges with speed of sound pods. MM Caster/Camber plates. Hood Shocks. 170F thermostat.
    Water methanol injection
    Zex 100 shot nitrous
    J&S Vampire anti knock
    MD Racing Lean Protection Module
    Flex Fuel on E85 at times
    17x10.5 - MT ET Streets
    Lowered
    IRS brace after cracked diff cover.
    Window tint, magnetic oil plug & tons of other misc BS I'm not gonna list

Lean Protection Module - Group Buy Thread
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ection-Module!

05 Tundra 4.7 quad cam
    98 Civic Precision turbo, built forged motor 9.0:1
    07 BMW 335xi twin turbo AWD

Welcome! I don't even have a truck and I watch your show every week!
    2012 Super Crew Ecoboost F-150 FX4
    2003 DSG Cobra #4107 of 8394
    1996 Mystic Cobra #1837 of 2000 SOLD

6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS STLR FN's Avatar
    Welcome Kevin... looking forward to see all that you have to offer and enjoy watching Trucks!.

I seen an old how to series(video) when I went an autobody trade school. To say you have changed looks would be an understatement.. lol.

Again Welcome.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05

Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI --Silverstars Heads/Fogs-- SCT-9100

My Social Networking

While we're talking about it here, are there any particular topics you'd like to see SVTP and Kevin cover.

DVR Trucks every week, welcome.

6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS STLR FN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SID297 View Post
    While we're talking about it here, are there any particular topics you'd like to see SVTP and Kevin cover.
    For starters...for those that aren't mechanically inclined or detailing saavy... a clay bar and wax how to.

Know it sounds like a stupid topic but ya never know... besides a simple wash, clean and detail goes a long from preventing problems down the line.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Kevin me and my son always enjoy watching trucks. Cant wait to the see the ford dually completed!

it would great to get some tips on how to properly repaint the certain body parts on our cars to match the rest of the car (IE: bumpers) the front and rear bumpers on my comp. orange cobra drive me crazy cause the paint from the factory is so thin. I remember watching the silverado that you repaired and painted you blended in the paint with the rest of the truck. i would assume this the process would be similar.

hard to see from these pics.

I think it would be great to have a write up on how to do a good paint job in a basic 2-3 car home garage. What are the nessasary tools and techniques to get great results with out having a fancy shop and spray booth? I just started taking an autobody program at my local college and we have a modern shop with a nice booth that i can use but after i graduate from the program in a year i am going to want to do work out of my home garage.
    Last edited by 03dsgdreams; 01-18-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    03 GT (Totaled)
    90 GT (Sold)
    94 GT (Sold)
    99 COBRA (Sold)
    12 GT (Sold)
    On the hunt for a clean DSG or Oxford white Terminator

Great to have you on board. I watch Trucks and the entire Powerblock every week. It gives me way too many ideas to modify my F250! I need to leave it alone.
    2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2006 Porsche Cayenne S
    1970 Dodge Charger R/T
    1969 Mustang Mach 1

My Social Networking

All good suggestions guys. I'll see what we can do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast