Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My raptor weighed in at 6325 last time. Noone inside and 1/2 tank of gas
    96 Cobra

2011 Raptor

Both very fun toys

My Social Networking

Follow Dusten On Twitter Visit Dusten's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by chip moore View Post
    I love the ecoboost, but I still thiink I'd get the 6.2. 6.2 with a whipple=bad a$$ Does anyone have any real world towing fuel economy on the two?
    My 3.5 Ecoboost towed my lightning over two different mountain passes and averaged 12.6mpg on the total trip, but when doing 65 on flatish ground i was seeing 13.2mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by RI GT500 View Post
    My brother has an ecoboost with a Bully dog tuner ( tuner only) it added 40 hp and 55 ft lbs, 87 octane tune, it's a ton of fun. It's a super nice truck, v good milage and quick.
    thats the first tuner i've seen, even Livernois told me they haven't got the tune down just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SVTORANGE View Post
    IMO - Give me a 2500HD Duramax Diesel, its great on gas and hauls ass plus can pull 18K

and the added maintenance and fuel costs that are almost .70 a gallon where i live, no thanks.
    I had a diesel, and got rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_By_You View Post
    Comparing a $60k truck to a $38,000 is not particularly accurate
    Mine stickered at 48k

Quote Originally Posted by PROCHRGD01 View Post
    This is going to make all of the EGOboost guys on the F150 forums cry.
    Both are going to respond well to intake and tune. Ford really has the drive by wire jacked up on the stock 6.2L tune. The throttle blade is only allowed to fully open at rpms over 4500. Tuners can fix this and make them A LOT more responsive.
    Not really, this is the first test i've seen where the 6.2 beat the ecoboost. But for a motor almost twice the size and with 51 more hp, it should be faster.

Here is a quote from pickuptrucks.com
    The only opportunity Ford gave us to drive the 6.2 was in a drag-racing scenario with the F-150 Harley-Davidson truck, where we measured a zero to 60 mph time of 7.15 seconds three-tenths of a second slower than the EcoBoost-powered F-150 FX2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinator View Post
    2011 Ford EcoBoost F-150 picks up 90rwhp with Fastlane's tuning - YouTube

90rwhp with Tune and downpipe from Fastlane on the ecoboost.
    it ran 14.4 with and without the tune... fastlane didnt do shit there.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckSnake View Post
    Sure Ecoboost is good now but wait until warranty ends in a few years and guys have to replace $2000-3000???? turbos. I'll take a big V8 any day.
    you mean like diesel trucks do? People bitch and and moan, a 6 cyl isn't made to work, turbo's are terrible with towing, direct injection is stupid.

But 6 cyl direct injection turbo diesels have been around for how long? Grow up...
    Quote Originally Posted by 19935.slow View Post
    Pretty sure that truck ran like a complete turd after the tune at the track.

I go with my friend in his eco truck on road trips all the time. Get's 21 mpg's on the highways and about 19 in the city. Truck is compy, has tons of leg room, and awesome for long mile trips.

As far as the race I don't know why people are mentioning spool. It's to tiny stock turbos. If you sneeze on the gas pedal they are at full spool.
    Its not lag most people feel, its the drive by wire not letting you slam the throttle open, the new diesels are the same way
    2001 Ford Lightning - Built Motor - Built Trans - 2.3 KB - Custom Interior - No Numbers - No Times - Garage Queen
    1994 Cobra #2277 of 5009
    1993 Gen 1 Lightning #5194
    1968 Ford Mustang "Gold Nugget Special"
    2011 F150 Ecoboost FX4
    2013 Audi S4
    My Youtube

I'll keep my dinosaur 2007 FX2 4 door 5.4L - It's paid for !!! and I live close to work so who cares about milege, and it's trouble free to date.
    Last edited by R1Lello; 01-22-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    Black/Tungsten Coupe...2007 Shelby GT500..Custom Asanti w/ 325's!! and No sticking out!, TVS + other goodies, by Evolution Performance 659 rwhp. Evolution Stage 5, Car # 11 Limited Production? Yeah right so.....SOLD !!!

Welcome C6 Z06 !! now with PRC heads and a 'mild' cam
    Coming Soon! - C7Zxx?? - just because I need one
    Motorbikes-Too many to list
    Ford F150 FX2 Daily Driver

Rookie SVT Poster
    Not really, this is the first test i've seen where the 6.2 beat the ecoboost. But for a motor almost twice the size and with 51 more hp, it should be faster.
    Then you haven't been on the F150 forums much. The EGOboost guys get their butts hurt if someone says their truck is not as fast as a 6.2L. This is the first video I've see where the trucks were comparable (both SCREW and 4x4). Comparing a all wheel drive Harley to a FX2 is not comparable. Good try!

Quote Originally Posted by R1Lello View Post
    I'll keep my dinosaur 2007 FX2 4 door 5.4L - It's paid for !!! and I live close to work so who cares about milege, and it's trouble free to date.
    After 70,000 miles they have tons of problems. I have spent over $7k on my '06 in the last 2 years on new coils, plugs, alternator, and electrical issues. I have 110k miles on it and just ordered a new '12 Lariat 4x4 with the 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG LUV View Post
    After 70,000 miles they have tons of problems. I have spent over $7k on my '06 in the last 2 years on new coils, plugs, alternator, and electrical issues. I have 110k miles on it and just ordered a new '12 Lariat 4x4 with the 6.2.
    Oh please.........I'll be sure to post my problems when I reach 70,001. C'mon, you think they are all programmed at the plant to give problems at 70K ? what kind of statement is that? I know someone with a 5.4 F150 with 252,000 kms........no problems but needing tires. Not being smart but bottom line, EVERY manufacturer has a service dept.....even Porche and Lambo's. Good luck with your '12 but don't for a minute tell yourself it will be problem free.

I had an 04 4wd lariat and put 110000 on it. Not one problem with it with the exception of a rear sliding window motor going out at 14k. It was the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. 70k... Ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Dusten View Post
    My 3.5 Ecoboost towed my lightning over two different mountain passes and averaged 12.6mpg on the total trip, but when doing 65 on flatish ground i was seeing 13.2mpg.

thats the first tuner i've seen, even Livernois told me they haven't got the tune down just yet.

and the added maintenance and fuel costs that are almost .70 a gallon where i live, no thanks.
    I had a diesel, and got rid of it.

Mine stickered at 48k

Here is a quote from pickuptrucks.com

it ran 14.4 with and without the tune... fastlane didnt do shit there.

you mean like diesel trucks do? People bitch and and moan, a 6 cyl isn't made to work, turbo's are terrible with towing, direct injection is stupid.

But 6 cyl direct injection turbo diesels have been around for how long? Grow up...

Its not lag most people feel, its the drive by wire not letting you slam the throttle open, the new diesels are the same way

If you think your going to get the same kind of reliability(especially after 160,000 miles) out of your Ecoboost than you would a cummins you got another thing coming. Its a wimpy gas engine compared to an industrial inline 6 that was built and designed for a life of work
    04 Cobra, Stiegemeier stage 5, 60#ers, Ford GT's in the tank

08 ZX14 stretched and lowered

11 Ram 1500 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by R1Lello View Post
    Oh please.........I'll be sure to post my problems when I reach 70,001. C'mon, you think they are all programmed at the plant to give problems at 70K ? what kind of statement is that? I know someone with a 5.4 F150 with 252,000 kms........no problems but needing tires. Not being smart but bottom line, EVERY manufacturer has a service dept.....even Porche and Lambo's. Good luck with your '12 but don't for a minute tell yourself it will be problem free.
    I was not trying to be negative, I love my truck. That is why I spent he money to fix it out of warranty, but I have several friends with the same trucks and all have had similar issues to mine once they crossed the 70k mile mark. I'm not saying that at 70,001 you'll have problems, every truck is different. Ford did have issues with coil packs and spark plugs snapping off in the heads in the 5.4's. I'm buying another Ford so obviously I'm a fan.

My Social Networking

If you think your going to get the same kind of reliability(especially after 160,000 miles) out of your Ecoboost than you would a cummins you got another thing coming. Its a wimpy gas engine compared to an industrial inline 6 that was built and designed for a life of work
    I don't plan on owning it outside warranty, so why would I care? My last 3 new vehicles have all fine away before 50k miles but yes, I believe the ecoboost will be extremely reliable to 150k. There are no reason to indicate otherwise.

ford master tech here.

eb has some issues already. front timing covers leeking, vct sticking, on and on. front trans pump seal leeking, burns up trans. some is to be expected. most complain about loud engine noise due to the injectors firing off at 2,000 psi.

so far no 5.0's or 6.2's i have seen in the shop for any engine issues.

also, i would never own a 5.4 3v way too many problems with them, most are due to lack of maintence though. same with 6.0's
    (sold) Black 03 Cobra coupe
    491rwhp/473rwtq
    11.84 at 117.55

02 ls1 a4
    cam, bolt ons, faster than the cobra ;(

Diesels have throttles?

Premium Member
    Diesels are fly by wire, I have no throttle body at all.

But i must agree it is BS that Diesel Gas cost more than premium fuel, it is ridiculous BUT I love my truck and would not trade it for gas at this point. Unless they come out with a Denalli with a blown 427 Vette motor
    CRAZY FROM THE HEAT WINDOW TINTING

2009 CYBER GREY CORVETTE ZR1

1993 RED FORD MUSTANG NOTCH

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by sknapp302 View Post
    Diesels have throttles?
    diesels have a throttle pedal... and are drive by wire. my point is the electronics cause a laggy feel.

That was actually closer than I thought for a stock to stock comparison...

But hands down if they were both tuned the eco boost world rock its world in a race...

What gears did each truck have? I'm surprised no one has brought that up. It is a huge factor in whether or not this race is a good comparison.

Vortech V2 S-trim, 3.12" pulley, A2A Treadstone, 4" Custom Power Pipe, Tial Q50, Borla CB, Flowtech LTs & OR X, XCAL3, 96 Cobra Cams, Ported intake, Built Rear (moser 31s, frpp tlok, moser studs, alum diff cov), 3.55s, Built AP 3650, Alum DS, Ram HDX Clutch, LDC Coolin Mod, Soild Motor Mounts, Poly Trans Mount, MGW short throw, MM CC plates, MM FLSFC, U&LCA, KYB Adj. Shocks, Strange Adj. Struts, HIDs, Innovate WB, Cobra body kit, Summit Fast 5s, '10 Running Horse, SEM Hot Rod Black paint, more mods, everything installed by me

Its a wimpy gas engine compared to an industrial inline 6 that was built and designed for a life of work
    I would call the ECOBOOST anything but wimpy.

Video: Dyno Stress: Dyno v. Engine for 150,000 Miles. Full, 5 parts

SVT God
    diesels have a throttle pedal... and are drive by wire. my point is the electronics cause a laggy feel.
    I know what you meant. The 05+ gt's do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SVTORANGE View Post
    Diesels are fly by wire, I have no throttle body at all.

But i must agree it is BS that Diesel Gas cost more than premium fuel, it is ridiculous BUT I love my truck and would not trade it for gas at this point. Unless they come out with a Denalli with a blown 427 Vette motor

actually some of them do. Its used as a restriction to pull in egr even though the engine is under boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss002 View Post
    That was actually closer than I thought for a stock to stock comparison...

But hands down if they were both tuned the eco boost world rock its world in a race...
    there isn't a single tune/exhaust/cai out for ecoboost that produces verifiable significant gains in the quarter mile or dyno.

the bullydog is said to "feel faster" but no time slips yet or dyno numbers.

the fastlane tune was proven to be complete

5.0 trucks with bolt-ons are already in the 13s and getting similar mileage to eco trucks.
    Last edited by mc01svt; 01-23-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PROCHRGD01 View Post
    Then you haven't been on the F150 forums much. The EGOboost guys get their butts hurt if someone says their truck is not as fast as a 6.2L. This is the first video I've see where the trucks were comparable (both SCREW and 4x4). Comparing a all wheel drive Harley to a FX2 is not comparable. Good try!
    a supercab FX2 with 6.2L, 3.73s and 18in wheels would be in the 13s stock. Unfortunately ford only offers the 6.2 in the $50,000 niche trucks (raptor, lariat limited, platinum and harley).

For the price of the Eco I would have expected a significant improvement in gas mileage. IMHO, another failed experiment of trying to get everyone to buy into this "green" technology which, again IMHO, is nothing more than a marketing ploy.

My 2011 Tundra with the 5.7L, 4wd, crewmax at 6320 lbs (with me in it) and a 3" leveling kit on the front averages 17.3 MPG with a near even mix of highway and surface streets. On long highway runs I'll touch 18 MPG regularly. Aside from leveling kit it's stock down to the filter.
    2013 STi - Stage II

2012 Ducati Panigale S - Stock (For now...)

2003 Cobra 459 RWHP 469 RWTQ <--Gone

2005 STi <-- Gone

I would like the mpg's but ill keep the 6.2, the sound is awesome.

03 DSG Cobra - sold

SVT God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mach-ete View Post
    Throw a CAI and a tune on that 6.2 and it's game over.
    yeah but it'll get dick for gas mileage as appose to the eco boost
    2003 Azure Mach 1
    Stock bottom end/compression
    Eaton M112
    Stock upper
    Stock lower
    K&N intake
    Bassani mid length headers
    Bassani catted x pipe
    SLP loudmouth 1's
    FRPP 3.73's, Moser 31 spline axles, cobra diff

New times: 11.9 @ 121 (just a bolt on Mach with stock cobra parts)

tuned by Chris Macduff at Excessive Motorsport

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer182 View Post
    Nothing beats a V8...
    Someone doesn't remember the Buick Grand Nationals. HA HA.
    2004 Mystichrome Cobra #848.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast