Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ASAP Performance- Worlds quickest ECMLink DSM Eclipse GSX 8.8@159

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVDtra3Vdhk&hd=1"]Worlds quickest ECMLink DSM Eclipse GSX 8.8@159 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Looks like poo though.

Quote Originally Posted by svtcop View Post
    Looks like poo though.
    Have to agree.

The 2G DSMs looks so much better.

I had a massaged 2g and loved it. Always had a soft spot for the 1g's though. Done right they look good.
    Just a ghost tryin to catch some Miss Pacman

Crazy SVT Poster
    That has got to be the most tame 8.8 pass I've seen. Doesn't even look fun. Where is all the drama?
    2011 GT500- Stock
    1998 Cobra- Rather Stock
    1991 Cobra Clone- 351w 70mm turbo
    1979 Mustang Hatch- D.S.S. 331 Stroker NA 11.33 @ 123 on 91 octane.

So we have a car here that traps more than a 1,000whp shelby gt500 and no credit yet ?? LOL nice !
    03 COBRA 3.4 WHIPPLE ~~E85~~ LETHAL RETURN STYLE
    SOLD

Current DD : sonata 2.0T 300Hp bucket 35mpg

sick, put a paint job on it and the ugly would be gone. Those little cars can MOVE for sure.
    "A warranty is like your virginity. Once its gone, its really not that big of a deal."

CURRENT VEHICLE:
    Oxford White 2014 A6 GT
    Old Setup: Black Paxton 2200SL, 11psi, JLT intake, Jegs Cat Deletes, Borla S-types, E85, AED tune, Dark stars 17x4.5 front and 15x10 rear with MT 325 DR's : [email protected] in 7000' DA with a stock converter.
    New Setup: EDP Single Turbo, Precision 7475, TSS Billet OPG's, JPC fuel system, Circle D 3C, Open Downpipe, E85, Rob Williams Tune. Stock Long Block, Stock Trans, Stock Rearend.... Shooting for 9's in 7000' DA.

Dsm ftw.
    '05 VW Touareg V8
    '91 Talon TSI - Winter/Woods beater project - 220K miles and counting
    '91 Talon TSI Auto - DD - 175K miles and counting - Original everything
    2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by svtcop View Post
    Looks like poo though.
    Wasn't aware that a pretty vehicle goes faster than one that "looks like poo". Must be like adding stickers adds horsepower eh? Those cars really have a shit ton of potential on the cheap. It would definitely crush a few egos, and empty a few wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by junior00 View Post
    wasn't aware that a pretty vehicle goes faster than one that "looks like poo". Must be like adding stickers adds horsepower eh? Those cars really have a shit ton of potential on the cheap. It would definitely crush a few egos, and empty a few wallets.
    +10000000

Premium Member
    I used to have a '90 GSX. A quick little car back then, in part thanks to the AWD. This one is one little (fast) beast.

Quote Originally Posted by 04SVTF View Post
    Always had a soft spot for the 1g's though. Done right they look good.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet27 View Post
    That has got to be the most tame 8.8 pass I've seen. Doesn't even look fun. Where is all the drama?
    +1

I read the comments and it looks like he is only using that 100 wet shot in 1st gear to 6k rpm. I wonder what it would run if he sprayed in every gear? I dig the 8 second street sleeper that doesn't require a massive burnout, slicks, and good track prep to throw down an 8 second pass. John Shepherds all boost 1g Talon traps 200mph, looks stock and still has a manual. 4g63
    Last edited by BigDan; 01-27-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Seems like a tame pass but the numbers dont lie
    2007 Slowbalt - Daily Driver

badass for sure!! But after having one i just sold i would never own a dsm again!...Thing broke all the time
    2004 TERMINATOR

dd-99 toyota tacoma-cai
    aka the Ranger killa!!

04 jetta 1.8t-stock for now

DSM's make sick power, but they are ALL a ticking time bomb. Always something with these car unfortunately, but when they are running, they are hard to beat for the dollar amount.

~KORNFED F1A Procharged Terminator Build Thread~
    http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...struction.html
    NEW~Dyno Video~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RWIL7E-L6A
    ~Follow me on Instagram~ @ youcancallmebigdaddy

Dreamin about Boobies stangnutlx's Avatar
    Meh

Crazy SVT Poster
    I'm not saying it isn't a sick car. Much faster then anything I own. It's just amazing how easy it pulls off an 8.8 pass.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheeltrooper View Post
    DSM's make sick power, but they are ALL a ticking time bomb. Always something with these car unfortunately, but when they are running, they are hard to beat for the dollar amount.
    This is a common misconception, try to argue this with any performance dsm shop and they will laugh you out the front door.
    2012 Mustang GT GT500 AB, Steed CAI, MGW Shifter
    2002 GT: Vortech S-trim 3.33 pulley, Accufab TB/Plenum, MMR Breather, Mac LT, BBK H-pipe, Flowmaster catback, Tein S-tech springs, 42lb, svtf pump

Quote Originally Posted by M33P View Post
    This is a common misconception, try to argue this with any performance dsm shop and they will laugh you out the front door.
    Yea, you know you are right, what in the heck do it know. How dare I make such a comment without asking the DSM gods for their approval. Everyone has an opinion, like it or leave it kid.

*Edited for not enough sarcasm!*
    Last edited by tarheeltrooper; 01-28-2012 at 07:30 PM.

lolwut.

please explain. Thats like saying an 03/04 Cobra or GT500 is a ticking time bomb.

The 4g63 in the dsm is able to double its stock power unchanged from valve cover to oil pan. Even more if you swap out the stock head gasket with a multi layer metal and put ARP studs in there to alleviate head lift past 25ish psi. Record right now is low 600's AWHP stock motor. Thats from a car that dyno's 170ish WHP stock.

the only motors ive killed (or seen killed) are ones done by owner error. Mine especially, saw low oil pressure, still drove on. about 200mi later spun bearing. whoopsie.

Me and a buddy intentionally tried to destroy a stock 4g63 so he could get his wife to let him buy a built motor. Put the knock sensor to ignore, kept adding timing and taking away fuel (on 91 octane mind you, this was pre e85). Bumped up the boost a bit (this was on a frankenstein 56trim setup). Ended up shredding 4th gear. That motor still runs to this day in another locals car with 180k on it by now, 175psi across last time he did a test.

Time bomb my ass. The only thing wrong with these cars are the owners around the late 90's early 00's that picked them up, did ebay/chinese mods, performed said mods the ghettoest and fastest way possible, and wondered why the cars left them stranded.

2010 Fusion SE | 6spd Auto | Stock-ish as hell | The DD | 8K HIDs |

2003 Redfire Cobra | 448wp/435wtq | 2.93" Upper / Stock Lower | bunch of other stuff | SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way, for the cosmos, to know itself.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas91169 View Post
    lolwut.

please explain. Thats like saying an 03/04 Cobra or GT500 is a ticking time bomb.

The 4g63 in the dsm is able to double its stock power unchanged from valve cover to oil pan. Even more if you swap out the stock head gasket with a multi layer metal and put ARP studs in there to alleviate head lift past 25ish psi. Record right now is low 600's AWHP stock motor. Thats from a car that dyno's 170ish WHP stock.

the only motors ive killed (or seen killed) are ones done by owner error. Mine especially, saw low oil pressure, still drove on. about 200mi later spun bearing. whoopsie.

Me and a buddy intentionally tried to destroy a stock 4g63 so he could get his wife to let him buy a built motor. Put the knock sensor to ignore, kept adding timing and taking away fuel (on 91 octane mind you, this was pre e85). Bumped up the boost a bit (this was on a frankenstein 56trim setup). Ended up shredding 4th gear. That motor still runs to this day in another locals car with 180k on it by now, 175psi across last time he did a test.

Time bomb my ass. The only thing wrong with these cars are the owners around the late 90's early 00's that picked them up, did ebay/chinese mods, performed said mods the ghettoest and fastest way possible, and wondered why the cars left them stranded.
    Personal experience, lol at how much you really just wrote, that I did not read any of besides line 1.

The trans/transfercase was more of a timebomb than the motor. I ran my stock (99 Eclipse GSX) engine on 27-28psi on a FP3052 turbo on 110 octane all the time. The only thing I had done to the motor for that boost was ARP head studs and 272/272 cams. The rest was just your normal supportging mods.

that's a baby brother to the Evo 8-9's, 4G63's are nice engines. That little car rolls out, the ass end is all most would see, ain't that bad from the rear.
    Stage 3 toys, 18G wheel, ported & polish head\intake, cp\manley internals, IcemanTB, 4 nozzle NX, on a FJO controller, Beast intercooler, ATI damper, Balance shafts gone, Injen Ntake, Samco's, T bolts, sts, bov, 3" 02, mpx 3" with a cat, Boomba Mounts, greddy catch can, PTP check valve, Billet shift selector/oil pump, Mopar performance clutch with BC's coilovers!!!

It's a Roller!!

Personal experience, lol at how much you really just wrote, that I did not read any of besides line 1.
    2 people have called you out on your statement and yet you still wan't to stick with your own opinion that probably was based off assumptions and hearsay and no actual experience. So of course you wouldn't ready any of it because it would make you wrong, again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast