View Poll Results: Do you discuss how much you make with your spouse?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do

127 72.57%
  • No I do not

11 6.29%
  • I am not married

37 21.14%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Haveyoutriedhittingher? Boomer182's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsvt View Post
    Finances can ruin a marriage. Seems the best way to avoid drama in our lives is to have seperate accounts and divy up the bills. She pays all utilities and I pay the house note. Everything she makes is her money and what I make is mine. We talk other the other details out as we go. She makes more than I do and has a degree so she deserves having more for it.
    I agree, because the #1 reason for divorce is money. It works for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by ON D BIT View Post
    2 becoming 1 does not apply anymore?
    Thats not what I meant, but as long as she is living in a big house, with a brand new car, and I have a toy, and a wife that isn't bitching at me, I am happy with what ever works. It also free's up more money for the toy, because she never knew if it was there or not.
    1951 Ford F1 Rat Rod.Slow and loud.

2004 BMW M3 Vert CAI, TSW wheels. Exhaust and a single turbo soon to come.

1985 Mustang Coupe 6.0 T56

2007 GMC Sierra extend cab black on black stock 20's DD.

Tropicana
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer182 View Post

as long as she is living in a big house, with a brand new car, and I have a toy, and a wife that isn't bitching at me,

Well I'm 3 out of 4 there.

Mine bitches no matter what
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorR90 View Post
    If I was gay, I'd let him do me. Hard.

That is why I leave how much I make out. All she needs to know is, A there is money to keep her lifestyle up, and B she can go shopping when she wants. I was in a relationship like that where my x fiance knew how much I was making at the time, and if work got slow she would bitch at me.

126lbs of Whoop Ass Sinister04L's Avatar
    Premium Member
    All of our money goes into different accounts each week and she handles all of it including paying all the bills. I rarely even look at the accounts unless it's my "play" account that I use to do stuff to the car, etc.

As she is the duly elected President of our company's board, yes she has to legally sign off on any compensation adjustments for the CEO.
    The finer the bait, the shorter the wait.

My wife is pretty much my best friend, and yes, she knows how much I make. In fact, she was the one I consulted with when negotiating my salary/benefits for the job I just accepted. If money ruins a relationship, it was never worth a shit to begin with.
    2003 Mineral Gray Cobra Coupe #682
    Gen II Whipple on top of GT3's baby!!
    621rwhp/586rwtq SAE Corrected

2001 Oxford White Cobra Coupe ***SOLD***
    1996 Laser Red Cobra Coupe - Gone but not forgotten!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LTHL VNM
    every time i start the car i want to punch babies.....
    Proud Member of the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association

Texas; We'll kick ur ass! Blade Runner's Avatar
    We are a partnership, and we discuss all aspects of our employment with each other. From who the office slut is screwing this week, to what rumors the office gossip is spreading, to how much we make, it's all out on the table. That, and she pays the bills, so she has to know what I make every two weeks...
    Quote Originally Posted by SID297 View Post
    That thread was almost as epic as the time LL beat up that guy who tried to steal his groceries on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 01Jes View Post
    BladeRunner has my respect. My respect doesn't mean shit but homeboy has big cajoņies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsReal93 View Post
    RDJ is my mannnn!

Yes, it's easier to budget and spend that way.

Stick it in her muffler! scottminot's Avatar
    We work for the same company and see each other all day, so yeah, we've discussed this.
    Even if we didn't work together I wouldn't keep it a secret.

For every $1.00 a man makes, the woman makes $.70. Which is complete BS because that only leaves the guy $.30.
    1998 Mustang Cobra - Garage Queen
    2001 Honda Accord - Daily Driver
    1994 Lifted Bronco - Fun

Glock Armorer

.Kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMI LOL View Post
    how do you NOT discuss it?
    This.

2010 Fusion SE | 6spd Auto | Stock-ish as hell | The DD | 8K HIDs |

2003 Redfire Cobra | 448wp/435wtq | 2.93" Upper / Stock Lower | bunch of other stuff | SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way, for the cosmos, to know itself.

Boosted Grandma-Mobile devin1986's Avatar
    She knows I'm poor. That's about it. Not much to discuss. lol
    2000 Buick LeSabre Limited/air suspension, A/C, air suspension, 30+ mpg (L67 top swap, ported eaton, headers, solid motor mount... <The fastest 15 second car in the world. >

Quote Originally Posted by turbotrail93 View Post
    we called all the inbred family members in for an emergency photoshoot

Bizarre....

none of my business OP but you make a lot of threads regarding your income. just something i noticed. sure why i

not sure why i wouldnt want my spouse knowing what is going on financially. we both work so it makes sense to know whats what. to be honest, my wife does everything regarding finances. im not organized and schedule oriented enough to do the bills and everything. she is the accountant, lol. We both make the money, it all goes into the same pot, all financial decisions are shared.

you mentioned an ex being nosey or materialistic, hence your current view on things. why drag that into a new relationship?
    Last edited by MissionMan; 02-18-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    2011 F150 5.0 4x4 XLT
    2011 Odyssey Touring "shaggin wagon"
    2011 STI "sold"

I will never let anyone handle my moneys or bills again... my ex was a business major and a banker, and I had too much trust. It didn't help too much. We'd have a hard time making on 2 incomes of nearly 100k a year.

Yet I'm making it work on a single income now while taking care of me and the kids alone. You live and you learn a marriage and bankruptcy later, LOL.

F That! I'll always deal with the bills and finances, women can barely count.

Been married 5 years running the ship the same way the entire time, no issues so far and the future looking good financially. Works for us, not saying everyone should do it. Just sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMan View Post
    Been married 5 years running the ship the same way the entire time, no issues so far and the future looking good financially. Works for us, not saying everyone should do it. Just sharing.
    My mistake partner, came off abit wrong. If it works, no need to fix anything. Cheers
    Posi Ported, Pullied, Exhausted, built IRSed, and Tuned by 04sleeper

How can you not discuss finances? If you are making a real good living and have low debts then it might be easier but in the times of mortgages, car paymts and c/c debt. My soon to be ex-wife and I have to share everything. The money woes were the demise of our marriage. She wanted to live the life of a princess but only work 24 hrs a week. Yes she makes really good $$ as a nurse but she worked the minimum to cover our expenses. She was the 1st to bi*ch and complain we didn't have spare $$ to take the kids to Disney or where ever. She has NO reason not to work FT and when she did for a 3 mth time frame we had $3800 a mth on top of our bills coming in so we had the $$ to do fun things with the kids but after she quit one of her 2 jobs we went back to $1200 a mth. I preferred to save it, she chose to whine about wanting to still do the fun things.

That being said my best friend and his wife earn about $220k between them and have a $1300 mth mortgage on the main house and $600 on their cabin. He does side work in addition to his job and he keeps all of it for "toys" ie snowmobiles/quads etc. She only cares that his main check is in the family acct to cover expenses/investments. She feels he works hard for the extra $$ so she is not one to complain for she works alot of OT on her job and she does the same.

Hence why they stay in the kitchen. And in regards, this has nothing to with how I really make per say, just the fact that I was thinking, am I alone on this one, or do other people do the same thing? I don't really care if she does know, I don't have a prenup so she would walk with half anyways, if we ever did split. I just never have really discussed it with her. It seems to be the best method for us, as we rarely fight over money. It was just a honest question.

We can count well at the mall

Quote Originally Posted by MissGT23 View Post
    Bout the hardest laugh I'v had in roadside!
    You are true!

Quote Originally Posted by MissGT23 View Post
    No you don't swipe and done, thats all you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer182 View Post
    No you don't swipe and done, thats all you know.
    Actually, I don't do that either. My card has that wave thing on it

What is said wave thing on it? I r confused.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast