Thread: scratch remover

Rookie SVT Poster

scratch remover

I recently bought a mustang. clean interior, unfortunately i cant say the same for the outside. its keyed all over!! anyone have any products they can recommend. i was thinking of using that 2n1 scratch remover pen they sell at autozone to go over all the deep scratches then polishing and waxing the rest of the car with a buffer. its a 99 white saleen.

IMO any great scratch remover isn't going to be found in an auto parts chain store. It's probably going to take a good wet sanding and buff to do it right. You can take it to a local detailer and have them take care of it, or you can DIY with a Porter Cable or something equivalent with Meguiars M105, then M205 and finish her off with a sealant and carnuba wax

If you can drag your nail across the scratch and it gets snagged, don't even bother. Save if for a new paint job or you can try doctor color chip. Try you tubing them and see what they have covered up scratch wise. Best of luck!

If its not *deep* go to lethal performance and get a porter cable, clay bar and lube, m105, m205, rejex, and a good wax or call John at lethal and he will hook you up!!!
    Green Bay Packers

2003 Black/Parchment SVT Cobra #7308 garage queen
    2003 Nissan Xterra dd
    2004 Honda CBR 600RR dd

Check my thread out. I used the products mentioned above.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ra-detail.html

wet sand it?

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk

03 DSG Mach 18x9/10 FR500s w/265 & 295s, Bilstein HDs, H&R SuperSports w/Poly Isos, MM CC Plates, Steeda Bumpsteer, MAC O/R Prochamber, & Borla Stingers

Currently for sale: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...Open-to-Offers

05 Cavalier DD

Quote Originally Posted by OH3BLKSVT View Post
    If you can drag your nail across the scratch and it gets snagged, don't even bother. Save if for a new paint job or you can try doctor color chip. Try you tubing them and see what they have covered up scratch wise. Best of luck!

If its not *deep* go to lethal performance and get a porter cable, clay bar and lube, m105, m205, rejex, and a good wax or call John at lethal and he will hook you up!!!
    All of this.

Or take it to your local trusted painter and have the whole car gone over.
    Last edited by Beerdog80; 02-26-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke1333 View Post
    wet sand it?

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk
    Yes you can wet sand it if the scratches aren't too deep. I usually use 2000 grit wet for my fine surface scratches then finish it off with M105, M205, a sealant then a carnuba.