Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60
  1. #26
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    I can chime in on this one:

    NC GS 20-127 allows cars to be tinted 35% with a 3% variance for ALL the windows on your car. There are NO points for a window tint ticket but the fine is $290.00. It is a misdemeanor which means you can be arrested for the violation if the same Officer/Trooper stops you for it and chooses to go that route instead of giving you a ticket if you don't get in compliance.

    NC tint law also allows out of state vehicles to be cited under NC law if the tint is in violation of that states tint law.

    Hope this helps you decide what to do.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S
    2010 Camaro SS
    2006 Corvette
    2004 Lemans ZO6 Corvette

  2. #27
    Oh, the humanity of it all. FordSVTFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2001
    Location
    West Florida
    Posts
    27,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    I can chime in on this one:

    NC GS 20-127 allows cars to be tinted 35% with a 3% variance for ALL the windows on your car. There are NO points for a window tint ticket but the fine is $290.00. It is a misdemeanor which means you can be arrested for the violation if the same Officer/Trooper stops you for it and chooses to go that route instead of giving you a ticket if you don't get in compliance.

    NC tint law also allows out of state vehicles to be cited under NC law if the tint is in violation of that states tint law.

    Hope this helps you decide what to do.
    Did you happen to read that the OP needs to know about Virginia law?
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FordSVTFan
    If being STUPID doesnt hurt, it should!

  3. #28
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by FordSVTFan View Post
    Did you happen to read that the OP needs to know about Virginia law?
    Well since he is going to school in NC and says he will be in VA during the summer and it isn't summer yet, I figured he was worried about getting a ticket between now and then.

  4. #29
    Pain Don't Hurt svtcop's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    Well since he is going to school in NC and says he will be in VA during the summer and it isn't summer yet, I figured he was worried about getting a ticket between now and then.
    noobs

  5. #30
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by svtcop View Post
    noobs
    How is that a Noob response ?? He stated he was going school in NC and was going to be in VA for the summer? so it is possible he could be cited in either state.

  6. #31
    Oh, the humanity of it all. FordSVTFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2001
    Location
    West Florida
    Posts
    27,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    How is that a Noob response ?? He stated he was going school in NC and was going to be in VA for the summer? so it is possible he could be cited in either state.
    Considering he is legal in NC, that isnt the issue.

  7. #32
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by FordSVTFan View Post
    Considering he is legal in NC, that isnt the issue.
    He is not legal in NC if he has 20% tint on his car. Any lower than 32% is a violation, he said he has 50% on the sides and 20% on the rear and in NC on a passenger car, ALL the windows have to be 32% or higher and he can have tint from the top of the windshield down 5" or to the AS1 line, whichever is greater.
    Last edited by Boss3209; 03-05-2012 at 10:56 AM.

  8. #33
    Oh, the humanity of it all. FordSVTFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2001
    Location
    West Florida
    Posts
    27,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    He is not legal in NC if he has 20% tint on his car. Any lower than 32% is a violation, he said he has 50% on the sides and 20% on the rear and in NC on a passenger car, ALL the windows have to be 32% or higher and he can have tint from the top of the windshield down 5" or to the AS1 line, whichever is greater.
    It is on his rear window and in NC, as with most other states, you do not even need a rear window if you have dual sideview mirrors, just like panel vans. Thus, he is legal.

    Regardless, you still miss the point that he was asking about Virginia. But feel free to continue to argue on the interwebz.

  9. #34
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by FordSVTFan View Post
    It is on his rear window and in NC, as with most other states, you do not even need a rear window if you have dual sideview mirrors, just like panel vans. Thus, he is legal.

    NC GS 20-127

    (c) Tinting Exceptions. The window tinting restrictions in subsection (b) of this section apply without exception to the windshield of a vehicle. The window tinting restrictions in subdivisions (b)(1) and (b)(2) of this section do not apply to any of the following vehicle windows:

    (1) A window of an excursion passenger vehicle, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)a.

    (2) A window of a for‑hire passenger vehicle, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)b.

    (3) A window of a common carrier of passengers, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)c.

    (4) A window of a motor home, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)d2.

    (5) A window of an ambulance, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(27)f.

    (6) The rear window of a property‑hauling vehicle, as defined in G.S. 20‑4.01(31).

    (7) A window of a limousine.

    (8) A window of a law enforcement vehicle.

    A mustang does not fit into this category nor does the law say anything about having dual side view mirrors for an exemption of the rear window being tinted.

    Regardless, you still miss the point that he was asking about Virginia. But feel free to continue to argue on the interwebz.
    Well since he does have a rear window and it is tinted 20% he is illegal regardless of dual side mirrors on a passenger car. Never does he specifically say "What is the tint law in VA"

    He simply said he lives in VA and goes to school in NC and was worried about getting another ticket and having his license suspended and going to be driving in VA this summer (and since it is not summer yet, he would be driving in NC until then). I was just trying to say that he did not have to worry about points for this violation while driving in NC but it was a hefty fine.


  10. #35
    Oh, the humanity of it all. FordSVTFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2001
    Location
    West Florida
    Posts
    27,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    Well since he does have a rear window and it is tinted 20% he is illegal regardless of dual side mirrors on a passenger car. Never does he specifically say "What is the tint law in VA"

    He simply said he lives in VA and goes to school in NC and was worried about getting another ticket and having his license suspended and going to be driving in VA this summer (and since it is not summer yet, he would be driving in NC until then). I was just trying to say that he did not have to worry about points for this violation while driving in NC but it was a hefty fine.

    Now go read the statute on requiring a rear window.

    Go back and re-read his question and apply actual context to it this time.

  11. #36
    Hey, you're a funny guy TheShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by FordSVTFan View Post
    Now go read the statute on requiring a rear window.

    Go back and re-read his question and apply actual context to it this time.
    Nurturing encouragement. That's why I love this place!
    Quote Originally Posted by lobra97 View Post
    i used to have normal hands....now i have hairy palms due to the hot gf/wives thread being updated daily....sux you know how hard it is to moisturize fur?

  12. #37
    Oh, the humanity of it all. FordSVTFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2001
    Location
    West Florida
    Posts
    27,751
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Nurturing encouragement. That's why I love this place!
    If you come here for nurturing there is a clearly something wrong with you.

  13. #38
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by FordSVTFan View Post
    Now go read the statute on requiring a rear window.

    Go back and re-read his question and apply actual context to it this time.

    I have read and applied N.C.G.S. 20-127 for 20 years, I think I am more familiar with it. I never said anything about "requiring" a rear window, I just said that the rear window on a passenger car IS required to be in compliance with the 35% rule.

    Using the link that is available here on the forum, it shows that in NC, the REAR window must have 35% light coming into the vehicle if it is a sedan. The statute does allow pickup trucks and SUV's to have the windows behind the drivers door darker than 35% North Carolina Window Tint Law - TC Window Tint

    As I said before, his question did not specifically say VA law, it was saying he drives in both states and was worried about getting some points and losing his license so I think I have the context correct.

  14. #39
    Pain Don't Hurt svtcop's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    How is that a Noob response ?? He stated he was going school in NC and was going to be in VA for the summer? so it is possible he could be cited in either state.
    Thanks for repeating what the OP said. I read it the first time, noob.

    Did I say "noob response"? Nope. Just "noob"

    Your join date makes you a noob, noob. Get it? Continuing to take others posts out of context will make you other things. Don't be other things.

  15. #40
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by svtcop View Post
    Thanks for repeating what the OP said. I read it the first time, noob.

    Did I say "noob response"? Nope. Just "noob"

    Your join date makes you a noob, noob. Get it? Continuing to take others posts out of context will make you other things. Don't be other things.

    And your attitude toward thinking the more posts you have on an internet forum makes you smarter than someone that is very familiar with what they are talking about shows your level of intelligence.

    you have got to be kidding???

  16. #41
    Resident Asshole silver03svt's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    And your attitude toward thinking the more posts you have on an internet forum makes you smarter than someone that is very familiar with what they are talking about shows your level of intelligence.

    you have got to be kidding???
    He never said anything about anybody being smarter than somebody else. He only said you made a noob response. Which you indeed did, noob.

  17. #42
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by silver03svt View Post
    He never said anything about anybody being smarter than somebody else. He only said you made a noob response. Which you indeed did, noob.

    This place is full of people that think they are smarter/better than someone else because they have been on this website longer than someone else.

    to all those with so many posts!!



  18. #43
    Resident Asshole silver03svt's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    This place is full of people that think they are smarter/better than someone else because they have been on this website longer than someone else.

    to all those with so many posts!!


    Readinig comprehension is definately not your strongpoint. Nobody said they were better or smarter than you. Only that you are a noob that made a noob response.
    Last edited by silver03svt; 03-05-2012 at 07:19 PM.

  19. #44
    Pain Don't Hurt svtcop's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    And your attitude toward thinking the more posts you have on an internet forum makes you smarter than someone that is very familiar with what they are talking about shows your level of intelligence.

    you have got to be kidding???
    Keep bowing down sport. At least until you get it anyway.

    Your reading comprehension is getting the best of you. Please tell me where I referred to your post count? Don't speak on someones intelligence until you learn to comprehend what you actually read.

    Me stating simple fact and you not being able to comprehend that is what makes me smarter than you.

  20. #45
    Pain Don't Hurt svtcop's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by silver03svt View Post
    Readinig comprehension is definately not your strongpoint. Nobody said they were better or smarter than you. Only that you are a noob that made a noob response.
    Actually I merely stated he was a noob, he referred to his own post as a noob response.

    But who cares, he is smarter than everyone anyway. So smart in fact, he can read peoples minds through the internet.
    Last edited by svtcop; 03-05-2012 at 07:38 PM.

  21. #46
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by silver03svt View Post
    Readinig comprehension is definately not your strongpoint. Nobody said they were better or smarter than you. Only that you are a noob that made a noob response.


    Seems that from your spelling or the lack of your spelling that I am not the one that doesn't have a grasp of reading comprehension???

  22. #47
    Resident Asshole silver03svt's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post


    Seems that from your spelling or the lack of your spelling that I am not the one that doesn't have a grasp of reading comprehension???
    Soo r yuo teh grammer polize noow two?

  23. #48
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by svtcop View Post
    Keep bowing down sport. At least until you get it anyway.

    Your reading comprehension is getting the best of you. Please tell me where I referred to your post count? Don't speak on someones intelligence until you learn to comprehend what you actually read.

    You made reference to my join date which in turn makes reference to my post count, just because someone is new to a forum doesn't mean that they can't have some correct information on a subject

    Me stating simple fact and you not being able to comprehend that is what makes me smarter than you.
    I fully comprehend what is being said, I just put some information out there for the person to consider to make a decision for himself.

  24. #49
    Pain Don't Hurt svtcop's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss3209 View Post
    I fully comprehend what is being said, I just put some information out there for the person to consider to make a decision for himself.
    Learn how to use the quote button without adding it in my post, noob.

    I'm just about done here, I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down.

    Lighten up, Francis.

  25. #50
    Rookie SVT Poster Boss3209's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Rockwell, NC
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by silver03svt View Post
    Soo r yuo teh grammer polize noow two?

    No sir, I am just pointing out that since you are saying that reading comprehension is not one of my strong points when you butchered the ability to make that point.

    I did not come here to make enemies, I just came to this post to share some info that seemed like it would help the person make a decision as to whether to tint their windows dark or not. I wanted to simply let them know that a window tint ticket in NC would not add points to their license.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •