Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kit is $6995 and comes with fabricated turbo headers. This system will mount back up to your factory exhaust, just obviously not the stock manifolds.

I'm dieing to see what this kit will do on a built motor.

John should be testing that next along with some track times.

HPE Megadeath N/A Cam, Livernois Motorsports .660 Dual Valve Spring Kit, GMS Cold Air Intake and Bridge Upgrade, C6Z Shifter, LS7 Clutch Upgrade, Billy Boat Performance Bullet Catback System with Matte Black Quad Tips. C6Z Shocks, C6Z Swaybars and Stabilizer Links, Lowered all the way down on C6 Z06 Front Bolts.
    LED lightning upgrade from Prestige LED's.
    Performance Work Done By: American Speed Factory

Haveyoutriedhittingher? Boomer182's Avatar
    Hpp nearly got 900 out of a stock block, before it let go. I like the set up.
    1951 Ford F1 Rat Rod.Slow and loud.

2004 BMW M3 Vert CAI, TSW wheels. Exhaust and a single turbo soon to come.

1985 Mustang Coupe 6.0 T56

2007 GMC Sierra extend cab black on black stock 20's DD.

7 psi = 684HP?

yeah man! crazy power!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin the Clean 1 View Post
    People said the same thing about the TERMINATOR motors & we all saw how strong FORD built that iron block when it came out. There is much more engineering in this motor & we have seen a few people spin it to 8,000 RPM +. It's a very stout block if you ask me...
    that was a cast iron block with forged pistons and rods. not qute the same...not even close. have you seen the stock coyote rods?
    new set up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYUyHL6qqFU
    track times to come...

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    I couldn't tell from the video, but does that kit still use the factory exhaust manifolds?

Hellion designed a custom header for this kit. I wish I had a actual picture of the header because the bends and flow in the pipes looks amazing. They were coated as well.

Very tidy install. How much boost could you put to a stock engine before it self destructs?
    Honestly, no one has pushed it trying to blow them. But for a street car, I say anything over 650 is to much. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man View Post
    yeah, to the stock mid pipe. I'm sure the kit uses some special manifold though (that$ part of the kit).
    561-417-5555 ext 301
    www.blowbyracing.com
    [email protected]
    REAPER H/K Nitrous Systems for only $395
    #1 Source for Hellion, Procharger, and Nitrous Express products!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@BBR View Post
    But for a street car, I say anything over 650 is to much. IMO
    Haha thats funny right there
    2004 Mustang Cobra Convertible Triple Black
    Whipple 2.9, Accufab big oval TB, JLT high boost intake, MMR Stroker, Stage 3 heads/cam, fore return fuel system, Kooks longtubes, Borla Stingers, UPR Suspension, Pro Motion Performance built T56 with Cryo Frozen gears, Stock Replica 10.5 in rear wheels with 315/35/17 NT05R drag radials, the list goes on and on. 14 PSI & 93 Pump Gas

Everything I have heard is they have the same rod that the GT500 has, if so there good for mid 700whp before you starting getting into the unreliable area. The block itself is NOT the weak link, not by a long shot. But i would have no prob running 750whp in one of those as a driver car. Don't spin the damn thing to 7500rpm and you should be fine.
    "A warranty is like your virginity. Once its gone, its really not that big of a deal."

CURRENT VEHICLE:
    Oxford White 2014 A6 GT
    Black Paxton 2200SL, 10psi, JLT intake, Jegs Cat Deletes, Borla S-types, E85, AED tune, Dark stars 17x4.5 front and 15x10 rear with MT 325 DR's : HP...ALL OF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    Haha thats funny right there
    how so? Because i'm thinking of the safer side of things for the person who doesn't want crazy power?

I know they can put out more but I'm not going to recommend that.

how so? Because i'm thinking of the safer side of things for the person who doesn't want crazy power?

I know they can put out more but I'm not going to recommend that.
    You can kill yourself just as easy in 650 HP than 1000 HP, at this point you have to know your car and be able to drive it properly. And 650 isn't enough for the streets, there are some very fast cars on the road, especially down in Florida. If you line a 750 horse car vs a 650 horse car on the freeway, both stomp it between 40-50, your gonna want the extra power. Heck i just ran into a GTR owner the other day at the gas station who was pushin 680 AWD.

Yeah you work at a shop and you want your cars to run safely and strong for your customers, so you may not want to push it, but to say that 650 is more than enough for the streets is incorrect, the sky is the limit. Shit there are factory produced daily driven cars that are making over 600 horsepower buddy, and let me tell you, one is a Ford, i will always try and make my car faster and faster, tell me which true street modder would stop short?

Why don't we take a poll between who wants crazy power or who wants to keep it on the safe side? and why can't we have both if setup properly?
    Last edited by Hangman; 03-08-2012 at 01:46 PM.

I completely understand where your coming from. Still getting used to be in an area where you can get away with that much power. But you have to remember too, not everyone is looking to street race. Hell, you can have a lot of fun with 350rwhp. but like I said, It's my opinion on a good street hp. Not many people will ever use the full power their car makes on the street. Hell most wont even at the track. Having a 1000rwhp would be bad ass don't get me wrong but someone just looking for a power adder for occasionally fun and some track time, 650 is more then enough.

I completely understand where your coming from. Still getting used to be in an area where you can get away with that much power. But you have to remember too, not everyone is looking to street race. Hell, you can have a lot of fun with 350rwhp. but like I said, It's my opinion on a good street hp. Not many people will ever use the full power their car makes on the street. Hell most wont even at the track. Having a 1000rwhp would be bad ass don't get me wrong but someone just looking for a power adder for occasionally fun and some track time, 650 is more then enough.
    Agreed, i think we were just looking at it from two different perspectives, i can understand the practicality of running a strong/lightly modded car vs a balls to the wall street killer, it just takes that one day though when you roll up on a sleeper thinking you got this before you see tail lights and wonder what the heck happened, there are quite a few rides running around that make 650 HP cars look like they're standing still. Not everyone cares though, but this is how i look at it and maybe others can agree about the constant need for speed.

SVT God
    Thats just freaking awesome.
    I wonder what you would put out NA,bolts ons and a good tune? close to/over 500?

N/A with bolt ons and tune is usually around the 440-450 mark without touching heads and cams.

Badass! Doing to do this if I end up with a 5.0

2004 Competition Orange Cobra #508

Quote Originally Posted by VictorySong View Post
    Car guys don't give a damn about the badass MPG number that a Honda got on its last hypermiling trip or how good Toyota's resale value is. We want to know how many bitches will fit in the back seat and how much horsepower our loud ass V8 puts down; Nothing else matters.

But for a street car, I say anything over 650 is to much. IMO

LOL! Anything over 400rwhp is enough for the street!

Quote Originally Posted by MARKCORE View Post
    LOL! Anything over 400rwhp is enough for the street!

Someone please explain this. Every turbo car I have ever witnessed makes roughly 25rwhp/1psi, Yet this twin turbo kit on this car is making 40rwhp/1psi.

I also see that the numbers are not corrected for SAE. What are the corrected SAE numbers?

Id believe someone has a happy dyno more than this magical twin turbo kit is producing 40rwhp/1psi...Or am I missing something here??

684rwhp-400rwhp NA = 284/7psi = 40.5rwhp/1psi

Quote Originally Posted by 30th T/A View Post
    Someone please explain this. Every turbo car I have ever witnessed makes roughly 25rwhp/1psi, Yet this twin turbo kit on this car is making 40rwhp/1psi.

I also see that the numbers are not corrected for SAE. What are the corrected SAE numbers?

Id believe someone has a happy dyno more than this magical twin turbo kit is producing 40rwhp/1psi...Or am I missing something here??

Higher compression with boost will usually net higher numbers with lower boost. On a 8:5:1 motor, 650rwhp is easily obtainable with ~15-20lbs, depending on the setup. With these Coyotes (much higher compression) you will see roughly the same gains with much less boost. You also have to factor in timing, DA and other the fact all dynos/cars are different.

Quote Originally Posted by 30th T/A View Post

What moot said AND boost is simply a measurement of restriction. The heads, cams, and intake of the new coyote motor are very efficient thus having the ability to flow more air at the same or less amount of pressure. This coupled with the higher compression, the higher base HP, the bigger displacement all add up to what you see here. This motor is under no more stress than a 600whp Whipple car at 9-10psi, and it makes more power and a TON more torque.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12