Crazy SVT Poster

Rear end..."whirling" noise..

I have installed BMR lowering springs, UCA (poly bushings), and mount on my 2010. I've adjusted my pinion to as close to -2 as I think I can get. I'm hearing a faint "whirling" or light rubbing noise coming from my rear end. The faster I go the louder it gets. It's not loud enough to be annoying but I just want to make sure nothing is wrong. I can really hear it when I remove the back seat and take her for a spin.

Have any of you experienced this after a UCA and mount install? Other than this faint noise, everything else seems to be good to go.

Thanks!

Upgraded suspension=stiffer= more NVH transmission. 'new' noises are common.
    Sold - 06 Vert GT - Vortech H.O. S/C, Tuned by Realspeed - 1320 -11.49 @ 121.45 - Gone but not forgotten

2008 Shelby GT500 - L&M Built Motor - 4.0L Whipple - Lund Racing Tuned - E85 Powered

I picked up a lot of noise as well when I installed the uca/lca's. Even more with the 4.10's. Just get a louder exhaust and crank up the boost. Between the blower scream and exhaust growl, you wont be able to hear that stuff anymore.

Hissing/whirling/whining noises are normal. Thumps/rattles/banging noises are not normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    The 5.0 isn't just an engine, it's a lifestyle lol.

I definitely hear a lot more rear end noise with my Steeda UCA and bracket. Thought of laying down some Dynamat under the rear seat around the mounting area.

2003 DSG Cobra Coupe
    Borla Catback, Bassani catted X, Bassani mid-length headers, Spec Stage 3+, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, 26 spline upgrade, Accufab TB, PHP Intake, Tri-Ax, 2.80" Upper, XCal 3 - RET Custom Tune
    484 rwhp/479 rwtq
    Suspension: 00R Brembos, Maximum Motorsports 375/575 Coil Overs, C/C Plates, STB, Tubular A-Arms, IRS Urethane, Alum Rack Bushings, Alum Diff Bushings, MM tuned Struts/Shocks, K Member Brace, Full Length Subs, Steeda IRS brackets/diff brace, CCW 550s - 18x9.5, 18x11

2007 Tungsten Grey Shelby GT500 Coupe
    2.65" Pulley, FRPP Intake, FRPP Handling Pack, Steeda LCAs, MM Panhard Bar, C/C plates, Alum DS, RET Tune
    545rwhp/530rwtq

2013 Focus ST

Quote Originally Posted by 03 DSG Snake View Post
    I definitely hear a lot more rear end noise with my Steeda UCA and bracket. Thought of laying down some Dynamat under the rear seat around the mounting area.
    I did that, didn't help the NVH very much because the harmonics are vibrating though the whole chassis.
    Definitely made a big difference in the sound of the stock Shaker 1000 (for the better of course)

I upgraded exhaust, and the noise pretty much went away

2008 Mustang Shelby GT500
    Performance White
    [New] Sportin a whipple on E85
    753/713

www.aedhp.com

Im gettin some whirlinf noises after my Shelby six speed shifter install
    08 GT500 WHITE W/ BLUE STRIPES
    VMP TVS
    RET TUNE
    FRPP INTAKE
    FRPP AXEL BACKS (borla)
    FRPP LOWERING SPRINGS
    FRPP 3.73 GEARS
    SHELBY SIX SPEED
    SHELBY ADJ PAN HARD

92 TOYOTA DD
    91LX 5.0. (sold)
    05 FOCUS (sold)
    94 GT VERT(sold)
    03 COBRA (sold)

Crazy SVT Poster
    so the more i think about it, i'm hearing the sound even when the car is idling and in neutral...the higher i rev the higher it gets. although it sounds like the rear end (coming from back there), there shouldn't be movement inside with it out of gear, correct? i may just take it to the dealership and see what they say...