Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Felony eluding vs misdemenor eluding

What is the difference and what would a motorcyclist who runs from the cops in excess of 150 mph look at for charges I'm just wondering.

Wondering...or referencing your Road Kill thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by kanibus View Post
    Add me to that list. I'll cream her pink any day.

Just wondering what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by thepizz View Post
    Wondering...or referencing your Road Kill thread?
    He said he shut off at 130. And there were no police involved.

Aerodynamics is for people that who don't know how to build engines.
    ~Enzo Ferrari

"The Presidency
    Too much job,
    Not enough man"
    ~Me

Having bad thoughts about what if and I think they would crush the bike because its paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    He said he shut off at 130. And there were no police involved.
    I know. I posted in that one too. Just poking fun at the young buck...I mean, he's trying to buy the Barney car so I gotta bust his chops a little. Lol.

OP, j/k. Your my boy blue. And please be careful on that bike!

Quote Originally Posted by thepizz View Post
    I know. I posted in that one too. Just poking fun at the young buck...I mean, he's trying to buy the Barney car so I gotta bust his chops a little. Lol.

OP, j/k. Your my boy blue. And please be careful on that bike!
    Haha my dads shar-pei is named blue , the traction control really saves me, theres been a few times were I would've spun out with out it!
    Don't hate hahaha

Can you guys see my signature pic?

Texas; We'll kick ur ass! Blade Runner's Avatar
    At speeds like that, I'm pretty sure it'd be a felony charge, compounded by whatever other charges the officer can think of....

***I'm not an officer, nor an attorney. What I said may or may not be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by SID297 View Post
    That thread was almost as epic as the time LL beat up that guy who tried to steal his groceries on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 01Jes View Post
    BladeRunner has my respect. My respect doesn't mean shit but homeboy has big cajoņies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsReal93 View Post
    RDJ is my mannnn!

I'm a speedaholic.
    Absolutely felony. The bike would be the least of your worries. Your doing prison time or eternity in a grave when you rear end a pickup at 110. I've seen both.

Quote Originally Posted by mkb116 View Post
    Absolutely felony. The bike would be the least of your worries. Your doing prison time or eternity in a grave when you rear end a pickup at 110. I've seen both.
    +1
    OP should worry about being alive after some stupidity like that not what charge he's gonna catch.

Quote Originally Posted by trc46 View Post
    Having bad thoughts about what if and I think they would crush the bike because its paid off.
    we can only hope they crush the bike. don't know who was on it, don't particularly care but hopefuly the judge would crush the rider under the hand of justice as well

Sec. 38.04. EVADING ARREST OR DETENTION. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally flees from a person he knows is a peace officer or federal special investigator attempting lawfully to arrest or detain him.
    b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor, except that the offense is1) a state jail felony if the actor has been previously convicted under this section;(2) a felony of the third degree ifA) the actor uses a vehicle while the actor is in flight;(B) another suffers serious bodily injury as a direct result of an attempt by the officer from whom the actor is fleeing to apprehend the actor while the actor is in flight; or(C) the actor uses a tire deflation device against the officer while the actor is in flight; or(3) a felony of the second degree ifA) another suffers death as a direct result of an attempt by the officer from whom the actor is fleeing to apprehend the actor while the actor is in flight; or(B) another suffers serious bodily injury as a direct result of the actor's use of a tire deflation device while the actor is in flight.(c) In this section1) "Vehicle" has the meaning assigned by Section 541.201, Transportation Code.

In Virginia it would definately be a felony. ANYTIME, in a pursuit, if the fleeing party exceeds the posted speed limit by 20MPH or more, law states it is an automatic felony. It can also be a felony under that speed if other criteria are met.

SVT God
    If the person who is fleeing the police did not commit a felony (say you clocked them going 10 mph over, and they decide to run) police cannot pursue?

Is this true? I heard they will not chase because it is not worth the risk to other civilians

Quote Originally Posted by Njc0las View Post
    I'd let everyone on this website piimb...

Quote Originally Posted by SCBQQSTN View Post
    If the person who is fleeing the police did not commit a felony (say you clocked them going 10 mph over, and they decide to run) police cannot pursue?

Is this true? I heard they will not chase because it is not worth the risk to other civilians
    Really depends on where you are... varies by department. RI County here is no pursue unless original charge/reason is a felony. Individual departments within the county can/will chase for anything while others have no chase policies.*

* also not leo or lawyer...
    2001 Z28 M6 (LS6 Cam, BBK LTs, FRA/Lid, 1LE Springs)

Depends of the individual Department policy.

If you attempt to elude, I will pursue.

SVT God
    Quote Originally Posted by silver03svt View Post
    So if the fleeing person did not commit a felony, you will risk the lives of other innocent civilians to try and catch them? I am not saying you are the bad guy, just saying that the risk of killing other people skyrocket during a chase. Is it really worth the risk of having a fatal crash to apprehend somebody who is evading a speeding ticket?

So if the fleeing person did not commit a felony, you will risk the lives of other innocent civilians to try and catch them? I am not saying you are the bad guy, just saying that the risk of killing other people skyrocket during a chase. Is it really worth the risk of having a fatal crash to apprehend somebody who is evading a speeding ticket?
    If that's the case, then noone will ever get another small non-felony ticket. Everyone will know to keep going knowing they cannot be pursed.

Getting pulled over for tinted windows or missing front plate...just run because the cop cannot pursue you since the original crime is not a felony. Get clocked at 70 in a 55...well keep on going because the cop cannot pursue you for the same reason.

Really think that's going to happen?

Honestly all he has to do is head in the direction the guy runs and wait until he either pulls up on the wreck or gets a 10-50 dispatch.

Quote Originally Posted by silver03svt View Post

Dumbasses don't elude because they are upstanding, law abiding citizens. You stick to your job, I'll stick to mine.

You attempt to elude, I will pursue you.

Dude, you really need to stay off "the moon". It's a risk every time I go to work, that's part of it. Its a risk going in pursuit of a vehicle for speeding offense because dumbasses don't look in their mirrors to see me coming or try to change lanes in front of me at 100+.
    An officer evaluates the situation at hand every second. It's the other motorists who don't pay attention!
    As mentioned above, if you flee I'm coming for you!
    Last edited by Iceman II; 04-06-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman II View Post
    Dude, you really need to stay off "the moon". It's a risk every time I go to work, that's part of it. Its a risk going in pursuit of a vehicle for speeding offense because dumbasses don't look in their mirrors to see me coming or try to change lanes in front of me at 100+.
    An officer evaluates the situation at hand every second. It's the other motorists who don't pay attention!
    As mentioned above, if you flee I'm coming for you!
    Pound it brother........pop, BOOM!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast