Removing the lower grille

Does anyone know how to remove the lower grille from an '08? There are several tabs and none of them seem to want to let go without a lot of prying. I just don't want to damage the bumper cover (of course).

Thanks for any links/help/suggestions as always!
    ~DoubleX

2008 GT500 Alloy Vert Loaded - In my driveway 10/8/2007!
    Mods so far: CDC Lightbar, FRPP CAI, Stripes, Shelby Hood Struts, shorty antenna, KR H-Pipe and Axle Backs, MGW Shifter/Ball, FRPP SVT Handling Pack, CHE LCA/UCA/Adj Panhard, CCW SP500 19x9.5/11 w/ KDW2, Shelby/C&R HE and Radiator, Shelby Coolant tanks, Shelby/Metco Auxiliary Idler Pulley, powder coated DBA 4000 rotors, HAWK pads, stainless lines, powder coated stock rear calipers, Shelby brake bezels, TruFiber "KR" hood
    Mods planned: Heated Seats, new SC, gauges (this list seems to be getting smaller...)

1997 CBR1100XX enjoying the company - SOLD
    Mods: Polished swingarm/wheels, Dale Walker Electric Shifter, Shift Light, Muzzy Titanium/CF Exhaust, Factory Jets, HID headlights, Barnett Clutch Springs, Factory Timing Adv.

Nobody has done this before?

Crazy SVT Poster
    I changed my lower grill on my 2008GT 500 it sucks just use more force after you get the first few it will get easier I went trough the same thing

New SVT Poster
    I just did mine two weekends ago. Pulled the front bumper cover off to do it. My original intent was to do it with the cover on but after pulling it I don't see how that would have been possible. The cover comes off surprisingly easy in less than 30min. The lower grille is an "MFer" to remove. I used about 6 flat bladed screwdrivers to keep pressure on the grille once I released the clips, otherwise it just wants to fall back in place. Shelby apparently had some kind of tool made up to do this when they built the KR's but I was never able to find a picture of it and I would have imagined it required two people to do.

What are you doing to the front grill??

Swyped while swerving
    2002 Ford F150 4x4
    2010 Ford TT Gt500 (Sold)
    2001 Ford Lightning (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanSVT View Post
    What are you doing to the front grill??

Swyped while swerving
    I'm trying to install the Shelby Brake Duct bezels... Being that Shelby stuff never comes with directions, I cut the 2.25" holes through the grille, just to find out that the grille has to be removed to "trim the hole" to 2.5". I tried doing it while still attached but that is near impossible to do as well. Would have been nice to know before I started the process though.

Nice take pics of the them once completed. I been toying around the idea of getting it as well