Top end cleaner, which vacuum line to use

I want to run some mccc top end cleaner because I may hav some carbon buildup on one cylinder's exhaust valves causing it to not shut properly and 30% leak in that cylinder. Mech said I should try it.

My question is whether or not it's safe for our supercharged cobras and what vacuum line I should use. Anyone done this before?

anyone know if u can just use the brake booster or pcv vacuum lines like on na engines?

I sea foamed my car a few weeks ago for the hell of it, ran the stuff into the vacuum line that goes into the plenum past the tb. On my n/a '94 Cobra I used to run the stuff through the brake booster line.

Sold: '98 Camaro Z/28
    Sold: '94 SVT Cobra #2684
    Sold: '04 Mystichrome SVT Cobra #781
    Sold: '01 E55 ///AMG

i had tried seafoam and bbk44...to be honest i feel it isnt enough,,,i think it just gets blow fast into intercooler from rotors than puddles in lower,,,

i can say fuel injector cleaner in tank worked on mine..i got to see a before and after of intake runner and valve stem after doing a head replacement...

i get alot of oil too from pcv system...im due for a cleaning and i plan to pull complete upper/lower..just lazy

stock 03 cobra
    exhaust mods
    bbk longtube
    bbk off road x-pipe
    flow master cat back
    predator canned tune
    404rwhp408rwtq

2010 dc tundra 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by SVT Pille View Post
    I sea foamed my car a few weeks ago for the hell of it, ran the stuff into the vacuum line that goes into the plenum past the tb. On my n/a '94 Cobra I used to run the stuff through the brake booster line.
    Interesting...never have seen anyone have the Seafoam go in through that vacuum line. You get any smoke?

I've run Seafoam through the pcv line and get no smoke. On the other hand, I've run Seafoam through the pcv line of my 01 Cobra and the smoke show looks like a shuttle taking off from Cape Canaveral.

Quote Originally Posted by 01cobravortech View Post
    Interesting...never have seen anyone have the Seafoam go in through that vacuum line. You get any smoke?

I've run Seafoam through the pcv line and get no smoke. On the other hand, I've run Seafoam through the pcv line of my 01 Cobra and the smoke show looks like a shuttle taking off from Cape Canaveral.

just think about it your putting fluid in pcv hose that goes to bottom of lower...how does it jump up to clean intercooler?

as the same from top..it drips thru and sits on bottom.

what happens when intercooler cracks and leaks big puddle..

am i seeing this wrong?

i got a smoke storm going from the top..i just dont think its enough cleaning
    Last edited by hotcobra03; 05-24-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotcobra03 View Post
    just think about it your putting fluid in pcv hose that goes to bottom of lower...how does it jump up to clean intercooler?

as the same from top..it drips thru and sits on bottom.

what happens when intercooler cracks and leaks big puddle..

what type of intake is on a n/a motor...

am i seeing this wrong?
    makes sense.

Yea I have done some reading and it seems that because of the blower a lot of people don't get smoke and say it is a waste. So then I should just use some seafoam in the gas?