Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frown UN chief says anti-Islam film 'disgraceful, shameless'

UN chief says anti-Islam film 'disgraceful, shameless'

...Calling freedom of expression and assembly "inalienable" rights, Mr Ban said on Wednesday that they "must be guaranteed and protected when they are used for common justice, common purpose."

"When some people use this freedom of expression to provoke or humiliate some others' values and beliefs, then this cannot be protected in such a way," Mr Ban added, speaking to reporters at the UN headquarters in New York...

The real shameless disgrace here—aside from the Islamic campaign of murder and destruction that has now spread to at least 20 countries as a result of the anti-Islam film—is this highlighted travesty of reason on the part of the UN chief. Curtailing the freedom of expression to safeguard against emotional offense is nothing short of eviscerating the core of the principle itself.

The freedom of expression concerns the right of filmmakers to produce an offensive film as much as it concerns the right of viewers to witness it. The further out an opinion rests on the fringe of consensus, the more important its protection becomes. If we are going to constrain our freedom of expression from breaching into areas of offense, then we must designate one or more human beings to define and outline those areas of censorship. This is to say that we must endow someone or some group with the authority to control what we can say or write and, by direct consequence, what we can hear or read.

I don't know about you, but I am at a loss for providing nominees.

It's not *WHAT* you think that matters, it's *HOW* you think.

[Ricky Bobby] How was school today, boys?
    [Texas Ranger] The teacher asked me what was the capital of North Carolina. I said Washington, D.C.
    [Cal Naughton, Jr.] Bingo.
    [Ricky Bobby] Nice.

This guy and offended Muslins might as well get over it. The legal right to express an idea is not going away. If it is offensive, don't freaking watch it. These people are idiots.

I find it offensive the way a very large part of the Muslin world celebrated the attack on this country in 2001. I did not go out and start killing people because of it.
    05 Pontiac Cavagoat 6.0 - M6 - Sold!

What exactly are they supposed to say though when many Islamic nations are part of the UN? The UN also walks the political correctness beat.

Quote Originally Posted by 01cobravortech View Post
    What exactly are they supposed to say though when many Islamic nations are part of the UN? The UN also walks the political correctness beat.
    1) sucks to be them (islamic countries)

2) build a bridge and get over it

3) .......

4) profit.

2010 Fusion SE | 6spd Auto | Stock-ish as hell | The DD | 8K HIDs |

2003 Redfire Cobra | 448wp/435wtq | 2.93" Upper / Stock Lower | bunch of other stuff | SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    The cosmos is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way, for the cosmos, to know itself.

such emo very befe wow ford_racer's Avatar
    You guys are funny.

"Islamists need to deal with it!"

"Westboro is protesting again? Someone needs to shoot them!"

LOL and picking and choosing with the first amendment.
    such signature
    very
    internets

wow
    so
    clever
    give inturnets here plez

Quote Originally Posted by CSD View Post
    guns you don't need

SVT God
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

"**** the UN"
    Last edited by Jroc; 09-21-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ford_racer View Post
    You guys are funny.

Hey I don't like them but they are allowed to say what they want, that's why I love it when people wall off their protests. Heck even the Westboro church people arn't killing others in the name of their profit. Muslims can protest yeall and scream but they can't kill, loot, and burn the city down over a movie. UN is not our friend.
    Last edited by PSUCOBRA96; 09-21-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Mods-Griggs coil overs 4 corners, griggs caster camber kit, Koni shocks/struts, Griggs tubular k-member/tubular a-arms, 2x4 steel boxed framerails cut and welded into the length of the body, 4 point roll bar, Battle Boxes, Currie johnny joint rear upper control arms, griggs lower control arms, Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace, NA SVT shortrunner intake, IMRC deletes, BBK longtube headers and O/R H-pipe, SLP powerflo catback, FRPP aluminum driveshafts, Centerforce dual friction clutch, C&L cold air intake/K&N, pro 5.0 shifter, rear seat delete, stalker side skirts, boss shinoda wing, rear mounted battery moroso kit, chrome terminator wheels

tuned by Horsepower By Hermann!

Proud Member of MACA (Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association)

So stupid.... Pretty much the movie is a "Hot Shots" style movie about the Islamic religion and the so called profit Muhammad.

Im so glad we live in a country where a movie like this can be made. The Islamic world, and everyone that is trying to be so politically correct needs to get a life, and move on.
    2003 cobra redfire - 3.4l whipple, behemoth inlet, 4r70w auto...sold
    2004 cobra metallic silver- 2.6h kenne bell... sold
    2006 gsxr 1000... sold

Supermoto

provoke? the supreme court has ruled on that one

Schenck v. U.S. (1919)

"The most stringent protection of free speech," he said, "would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic." Justice Holmes compared that circumstance to living in a nation at war. "When a nation is at war," he said, "many things that might be said in time of peace are such a hindrance to its effort that their utterance will not be endured so long as men fight and that no Court could regard them as protected by any constitutional right." During war, he thought, the government certainly has the power to prevent obstructions to recruitment. Therefore, it also has the power to punish someone who uses words that are proven to cause such obstructions. "The question in every case," said Holmes, "is whether the words are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent."
    The finer the bait, the shorter the wait.

**** political correctness, this country is ripe with it.

Quote Originally Posted by infidel0910 View Post
    **** political correctness, this country is ripe with it.
    F extremist views, this country is OVERRIPE with them

Quote Originally Posted by Scoriox View Post
    F extremist views, this country is OVERRIPE with them
    So I'm an extremist ?! Who is this guy?^^^

Quote Originally Posted by infidel0910 View Post
    So I'm an extremist ?! Who is this guy?^^^
    No, but if you are being so defensive you must be

Quote Originally Posted by Scoriox View Post
    No, but if you are being so defensive you must be
    No? guess that's why you quoted me the first time, cuz you WEREN'T referring to me.

Break out the shotguns! svtfocus2cobra's Avatar
    I see a lot of censorship in our future... or maybe I should say "attempted censorship". The internet would be the primary target as it's the only source viewable from any computer worldwide and our government has absolutely no control over it right now, but we know for a fact they are working on it! There's going to be some serious blowback the day that happens.
    02 Sonic Blue SVT Focus (Sold)
    03 Black 10th Anne Coupe (Sold)
    2011 Stealth Black Ducati 848 Evo
    2006 F150 Harley Davidson (Sold)
    2014 F150 Tremor

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasL View Post
    Look i'm on the fence with this new Mustang. I need to see some real numbers and how it compares to the McLaren P1 before I make my decision.

Banned
    yet it's ok for the Islamowhacks to call everyone who doesn't believe in the Islamic religion "Infidels" who will be put to death one at a time.

Putin 2016. Yup. NO-BlkLightning2K's Avatar
    Cry me a river you ****ing pansies.

Quote Originally Posted by Planter View Post
    yet it's ok for the Islamowhacks to call everyone who doesn't believe in the Islamic religion "Infidels" who will be put to death one at a time.
    Not to mention strapping bombs to their chests to blow people up that don't share in their beliefs.

The most disgraceful and shameless act is our so called 'leaders' in DC tripping over themselves to apologize for this ****ing bullshit film....
    They move. They breathe. They suck.

2014 DIB GT w/track pack 13/14 GT500 Axle Back and Valance, Resonator Delete, JBA Xpipe, Cornfed
    1999 Hugger Orange SS track whore
    2003 TR Z06 Sold
    2003 DSG Cobra Sold

We should start an SVTP Muhammed/Mohammed/Muhammad/Mohammad comic strip. A new funny every day!

I figure that in about 10 years all the able-bodied Muslims will have killed each other, eliminating the need for war!
    Quote Originally Posted by FordSVTFan View Post
    I've got your solution right here! Check out your custom title now. Oh wait you cant.

I'm deeply offended by the flag burnings. I can't wait to sign for another 12 months overseas and make more big profits doing what I do best.

Oh and thank you Islamic fundamentalists, I owe my new Boss to you

Allah Akbar. Baka Bazi.
    2013 FORD BOSS 302 LAGUNA SECA
    2005 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA S
    2008 SHELBY GT500 (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by ford_racer
    You guys are funny.

I don't know if this is aimed my way but, for the record, I am not picking and choosing where the first amendment should and should not apply. Regarding the Westboro Baptist Church, I have frequently mentioned how important their right is to spout their nonsense, and how important my right is to hear it. Here is a somewhat recent example post.

Quote Originally Posted by 01cobravortech
    You may be right unfortunately. However, I still think the UN should respond like France and condemn the violent protesting as opposed to the film:

France govt to ban protest over anti-Islam film

Go France!

Quote Originally Posted by crew_dawg16
    We should start an SVTP Muhammed/Mohammed/Muhammad/Mohammad comic strip. A new funny every day!
    Others apparently have similar designs:

Bravo Charlie Hebdo

Quote Originally Posted by 03Sssnake View Post
    The most disgraceful and shameless act is our so called 'leaders' in DC tripping over themselves to apologize for this ****ing bullshit film....
    Considering this isn't the politics section I'll try and refrain but there is a reason (or many) why one side of the aisle is generally looked upon as gutless and weak.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jroc View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

"**** the UN"
    AGREED TIMES 1000. God forbid we offend a VIOLENT, INSANE religion's delicate sensibility. I don't mean to be biased but you don't see Protestants running around killing ambassadors and lighting flags on fire, etc when everyone in the free world persecutes them for their "stupid" beliefs. We just have Westboro to deal with

Don't worry, UN has it all figured out already...

Push to call blasphemy a crime

There is only one thing I can say, **** all religion, throw me in jail a thousand times for that if you'd like. The only thing religion does best is divide people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast