Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any new info on when the 2014 Shelbys will start being built?

I just ordered a 2014 GT500 and wanted to know if anyone has any idea when production will start for the 2014 Shelby. I also wanted to know if orders were taken in the order they are received like a first come first serve type of thing or how they decide which gets built when. I am actually hoping the earliest I can get mine will be April or so.....

My wife and I are crapping kittens.....can't wait!!

Crazy SVT Poster
    I hope the kittens dont claw on the way out, that sounds painful :p

I called SVT today with my order number and dealer code and they indicated scheduling will likely begin after Jan 1. My dealer said that it is not based on first come first serve, but rather determined by Ford.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Its not first come first served and if its anything like the 13s, who knows when youll see it.
    Jon

2003 Cobra
    VMP TVS
    550 HP/500TQ

Premium Member
    March.
    Chris!
    7 Past SVT vehicles including 6 Cobra/GT500's
    Current Stable:
    13 GT500, SGM /Blue Stripes
    13 Ford Fusion Ecoboost- Pearl White
    The above post may come off as abrasive, insensitive, or condescending in nature. Chances are, it was provoked by not being able to fix stupid.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    March.
    Are you saying they will start production in March or that they will be on dealer lots in March? I assume there will be about a one month delay between when production begins and when they actually arrive at dealers. Any idea how many months there will be for the '14 Shelby production? Since the '15 model will be all new, I assume '14 production will end earlier than '13 production, right?
    Thanks,

Ken

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTKen View Post
    Are you saying they will start production in March or that they will be on dealer lots in March? I assume there will be about a one month delay between when production begins and when they actually arrive at dealers. Any idea how many months there will be for the '14 Shelby production? Since the '15 model will be all new, I assume '14 production will end earlier than '13 production, right?
    They should start building them in March. As for how many months, not sure on that- but I'd expect the run to be shorter than the 13

Crazy SVT Poster
    It will be interesting to see if prices start to come down on the '14s. I've got a feeling they won't come down much.

Premium Member
    Premium Member
    Blog Entries
    Side note! My local dealer, Tindol Ford, Gastonia, NC, (Gordon Haygood) 704-884-2209, has two GT 500 coming in. One in a loaded black, the other a lightly optioned red. The black is due within the next 2-3 weeks, the red a little longer. It was late in the day when I was talking with Gordon and I don't know if any changes can be made to the red. Call direct if interested, as always, make your best deal. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by specizripn View Post
    I hope the kittens dont claw on the way out, that sounds painful :p
    Me too.....

March.

So possibly mid April at the earliest? Do you know how Ford determines what cars get built when? Is it based on the dealer and region?

Also does anyone know if the new paint process is going to look noticeably better on a black car than before?

Quote Originally Posted by quick-nick View Post
    So possibly mid April at the earliest? Do you know how Ford determines what cars get built when? Is it based on the dealer and region?

Also does anyone know if the new paint process is going to look noticeably better on a black car than before?
    There is to order in how dealers get there cars built to a point , the large dealers that sell tons of mustangs and that are in the right area of the country get pulled first.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quick-nick View Post

I would bet you'll see cars on lots in April at the earliest.

As for what dealers get cars 1st/ really no rhyme or reason. I got mine in may- one of the 1st to get theirs and it was from a small dealer that sells less than 10 mustangs a year. Yet the largest dealer in my area just got their 1st Shelby in October.

Not quite sure on the rhyme or reason of how orders get pulled at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SVTKen View Post
    It will be interesting to see if prices start to come down on the '14s. I've got a feeling they won't come down much.

i read a article that the 2014 GT500 will be about $400 more on MSRP...will look for that article and paste it when i find it...

Quote Originally Posted by MNCobra View Post
    i read a article that the 2014 GT500 will be about $400 more on MSRP...will look for that article and paste it when i find it...
    $450 more, but heated seats are now standard with all packages except Recaro's.

Crazy SVT Poster
    I'm waiting for my 2014 Gt500 as well, im expecting sometime around march/April. When should we receive our Vin numbers?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
    I'm waiting for my 2014 Gt500 as well, im expecting sometime around march/April. When should we receive our Vin numbers?
    Within about 3-5 weeks before its built a VIN will populate, and about 7 days before your blend date, you'll be able to see your window sticker.

How much longer can you custom order one? I want glass roof and Recaros only and have yet to see one optioned this way.
    14 Shelby GT500: DIB, glass roof, Recaros delivered 6/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by 93 347 Cobra View Post
    How much longer can you custom order one? I want glass roof and Recaros only and have yet to see one optioned this way.
    For about 8 more months.
    Current Rides:

2014 Ford Raptor SE Ruby Red Screw SE
    2013 Ford GT500(Deep Impact Blue) #340 of 4077, #60 of 530 DIB
    2013 Ford Interceptor (Ingot Silver) (wife's)

Past Rides:
    2010 Ford Raptor (Tuxedo Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman5000 View Post
    For about 8 more months.
    Thanks for the response. That timeline will work nicely.

Something to take into consideration, information on the 2015 Mustangs will start to leak out way before the end of 2014 production. If Ford does not have a replacement for the 2014 GT500 and or the styling of the 2015 does not appeal to potential GT500 buyers, the 2014's will be priced accordingly.

I think the 14s are going to be just as pricey as the 13s...if not more so. All the people that wanted a 13, but had to wait will buy a 14 and all the people that want this body style will buy a 14 also so prices will remain high....I'm sure the dealer markups will remain at most dealerships....
    2013 Boss 302 #1660 Grabber Blue
    2013 Raptor 6.2L Flame Blue
    2012 Raptor 6.2L Tuxedo Black (Sold)
    2009 GT500 Convertible Black/Black

Quote Originally Posted by 93 347 Cobra View Post
    Thats exactly what options I ordered . I wouldnt wait around to long, I called every dealer in the state of ND and all had sold their allocations. Found one in a neighboring state though.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordfourlife View Post
    Thats exactly what options I ordered . I wouldnt wait around to long, I called every dealer in the state of ND and all had sold their allocations. Found one in a neighboring state though.
    Because of the demand of the 13, and lack of supply. You'll find that most 14 allocations will go quite fast. Being that they probably won't build more than 3500 in a short model year.

Really interested to see what SVT will do, if anything for 2015, won't be long now til we know...

If my love for the Porsche wasn't so strong I'd be ordering a '14 silver, stripe delete, recaro/Nav, vert.

Because of the demand of the 13, and lack of supply. You'll find that most 14 allocations will go quite fast. Being that they probably won't build more than 3500 in a short model year.

Really interested to see what SVT will do, if anything for 2015, won't be long now til we know...

If my love for the Porsche wasn't so strong I'd be ordering a '14 silver, stripe delete, recaro/Nav, vert.
    Why the change in color?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast