Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC View Post
    Here in MI that's called murder.
    I thought in most states it's called murder to shoot someone over personal property.

FRPP TVS/2.6 : JLT127 : CJ65 : VMP elbow : Lethal O/R H : VMP tuned : Bobs LCA : UPR UCA/mount : BMR panhard : Steeda springs : FRPP relo. brackets : DSS 1pc DS
    654 rwhp 640 rwtq

Runs On "Liquid Gold" 04sleeper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sex View Post
    I thought in most states it's called murder to shoot someone over personal property.
    Not in Texas!

+1

Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    maybe in this situation. Add another perp with both of them having guns and tell me what you would rather have.

na na, hey hey, goodbye SVT-BansheeMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coposrv View Post
    Good post OP. The home owner keeping a level head and taking control of the situation
    I disagree, the safest thing to do would be let the guy go with the TV. This could of emasculated into something bad since he went after him.

Now if he was inside the home....game on.

04 Lightning: Tick Performance's level 2 viper spec t56, 2.3 whipple, ported heads, comp cams etc.....

Crazy SVT Poster
    Could someone who knows the law clear this up. What happens if the guy is even stupider (Thief) and walks towards the man with the gun unarmed, and gets shot? Isn't it the fault of the homeowner because he had other options? Like he could have stayed armed inside his house?

Quote Originally Posted by Granelli31 View Post
    Could someone who knows the law clear this up. What happens if the guy is even stupider (Thief) and walks towards the man with the gun unarmed, and gets shot? Isn't it the fault of the homeowner because he had other options? Like he could have stayed armed inside his house?

In Texas, and only in Texas, you can shoot someone to protect yours or someone else's property. Technically that man with the shotgun could blow that criminal away to halt the theft.

Everyone remember Joe Horn? He didn't break any laws. The complete Joe Horn 9-11 call - YouTube

Personally I agree with the law. If someone was breaking into my car or a neighbors house I'd prefer to have the option to do something about it rather than sit in my house and watch.

US Navy (retired) Silver2003Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT-BansheeMan View Post
    I disagree, the safest thing to do would be let the guy go with the TV. This could of emasculated into something bad since he went after him.

Now if he was inside the home....game on.
    hmmm, dude with the TV has both hands full.. even if he were to drop the TV and go for a gun, a single squeeze of the trigger on the shotgun would end his life rather quickly, so in that sense I guess you right, it would emasculate into the death of the burglar.
    member #3143

Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have ****ed with? That's me.

2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins and G56

had 03 Cobra coupe #7015 of 8394 born May 13 2003 (Tuesday)

had 97 Pacific Green Coupe #2442 of 6961 100% stock

Remington 700 BDL, 375 Ultra Mag, the most powerful medium bore rifle made, good for anything from rabbits to elephants..

US Navy (retired) Silver2003Cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Granelli31 View Post
    sounds like we have a liberal here.. no, it's NOT the responsibility of the militia to let the police handle everything (yes that man is a member of the United States Militia)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12