Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 147
  1. #1
    stirring the pot since'74 turbosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    columbia tn
    Posts
    1,455
    2013 DIB GT Premium, auto, electronics pkg w/nav,3.15 ,Black leather Recaro's , pedestal wing, factory remote start,
    Airaid cai, diablo trinity, canned tune, borla after cat x pipe, 1st gen steeda a/b's.

    2014 Nissan Altima white.
    (wifes, gotta keep her happy)

    2012 Kona Blue GT - mt82 problems. traded in.
    1986 Mustang GT. sold.
    1991 Mustang notch. 70mm 306. sold
    1985 Mustang notch 76mm 306. traded for below.
    2002 hayabusa slammed, stretched 201hp. sold
    2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT. diamond white. traded in.

  2. #2
    New SVT Poster
    Join Date
    October 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    10
    Mine is installed and hopefully tomorrow I will get my reverse lockout kit and get it installed. Will let you know my impressions as soon as I get it. BTW, I had a lot of drivetrain clunking. I upgraded all my suspension pieces, DSS driveshaft, xmission fluid, MGW, and rebuilt rear end, but clunk remained. When I got my Getrag out I found so much slop in it. That was my clunking!
    2011 GT Preminum, Candy Red Metallic, 3.55, Electronics, Rear View, Comfort, Security, Borla, 20" Saleen, FRPP springs, CS front valance w/fogs, Roush billet grille, Roush Stage 2 TVS, Kooks LT's and Catted H Pipe, AutoMeter Gauges, Tremec Magnum XL , McLeod RST, Dynatech ds, Steeda adjustable UCA, Steeda adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCA's Steeda Air/Oil Separator, Tokico D-Specs, Raptor Shift Light, Custom engine work by Shrader Performance, Tune by ProDyno

  3. #3
    Crazy SVT Poster
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by B Square View Post
    Mine is installed and hopefully tomorrow I will get my reverse lockout kit and get it installed. Will let you know my impressions as soon as I get it. BTW, I had a lot of drivetrain clunking. I upgraded all my suspension pieces, DSS driveshaft, xmission fluid, MGW, and rebuilt rear end, but clunk remained. When I got my Getrag out I found so much slop in it. That was my clunking!
    Your the first person who has solved the clunk mystery.
    Last edited by Fun4me; 01-21-2013 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spelling
    '12 kona 5.0 6m brembo
    yellows hotchkis springs steeda hd mounts
    strano sways dss ds umi relos j&m panhard
    ftbr front and rear rotors hawk hps goodridge
    steeda cai o/r x forgeline zx3r 555RII
    AED E85

  4. #4
    stirring the pot since'74 turbosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    columbia tn
    Posts
    1,455
    Eager to get your feedback

  5. #5
    Crazy SVT Poster
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    895
    T-56 magnum is in my list. Let us know!
    2008 LS3 6 speed vette. ARH 1 7/8 long tubes, 3" ORX, c6 z06 NPP 3" mufflers, Vararam CAI, Vengeance Racing kaotik camshaft

    Turbo 1989 mustang coupe black - SOLD

    2011 Mustang GT Performance White hellion TT - sold

  6. #6
    Authorized Vendor Eric@jpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    1,430
    We have done several magnum installs here at the shop. Its a real nice piece.

    Its a great shifting transmission. so far we have ran a best of 9.003 in the 1/4 with it.

    here is an older video of the car.

    JPC 2011 9.86 pass - YouTube
    Eric Holliday
    JPCracing.com
    410-729-0005

    JPC is your Number 1 source for "Coyote" Performance
    Worlds Fastest 2011GT 7.78@181
    Last in the 8s First in the 7s

  7. #7
    Crazy SVT Poster
    Join Date
    August 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    363
    Here is a thread with a ton of people who have done the Magnum XL swap. They aremostly with 3Vs but the results should be the same.

    WWW.S197FORUM.COM

    2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca #MP0034

  8. #8
    SVT God D.T.R's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    3,588
    looking into picking one of these up soon.
    If i'm not mistaken, I'd need a different clutch right since the MT82 is 23 spline and the Magnum is 26, correct? (I just bought an RXT for my MT82, haven't installed it yet though) What about the drive shaft? same thing, correct? i can't buy a DS made to go with the MT82?


    Also, i thought there is a "TR6060" transmission swap for our cars? I was told that a TR6060 would be a better swap since it's a newer and better T56? not sure. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by D.T.R; 02-18-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    9.5:1 Aluminator
    Hellion TT kit
    JPC's triple 465 fuel system
    Supporting mods.
    950whp/825wtq @ 16psi~ (Gulf 116)
    675whp/585wtq @ 9psi~ (pump93)
    10.1@141mph on 11psi & pump gas (old tune)
    Track times on Gulf116 coming soon.

  9. #9
    Insane SVT Poster
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Savannah. GA
    Posts
    1,132
    This is on my list.

  10. #10
    SVT God D.T.R's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKET View Post
    This is on my list.
    Hellion TT, magnum XL, and full fuel system all being ordered in the next 30 days

  11. #11
    Authorized Vendor Eric@jpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by D.T.R View Post
    Hellion TT, magnum XL, and full fuel system all being ordered in the next 30 days
    Make sure you give me a call i can package it all together for you and make sure you save as much as possible


  12. #12
    SVT God D.T.R's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@jpc View Post
    Make sure you give me a call i can package it all together for you and make sure you save as much as possible


  13. #13
    Crazy SVT Poster 1NA RUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2012
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    409
    Nice piece indeed.

  14. #14
    Insane SVT Poster
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Savannah. GA
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by D.T.R View Post
    Hellion TT, magnum XL, and full fuel system all being ordered in the next 30 days
    Win!

    Order extra trans and ill find away to help you put all yours in.

    Hahaha

  15. #15
    Authorized Vendor Eric@jpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by D.T.R View Post
    looking into picking one of these up soon.
    If i'm not mistaken, I'd need a different clutch right since the MT82 is 23 spline and the Magnum is 26, correct? (I just bought an RXT for my MT82, haven't installed it yet though) What about the drive shaft? same thing, correct? i can't buy a DS made to go with the MT82?


    Also, i thought there is a "TR6060" transmission swap for our cars? I was told that a TR6060 would be a better swap since it's a newer and better T56? not sure. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    No a Tr6060 is not "better"

    The 6060 and the magnum are basically brother and sister.

    They share the same case and some internals but thats it.

    The Magnum is a direct shift and is a much cleaner shift than the 6060. The 6060 still uses a linkage setup like your MT82.

    Besides that the 6060 has been out since the GT500. the magnum came out a year ago so im not sure how the 6060 is "newer"

  16. #16
    Authorized Vendor Steve@BBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    2,815
    Plus the TR6060 is not available to buy new anymore. Only will be able to get one used or reman now.


    The major reason the T56 Magnum XL is better.... no more linkage..
    561-417-5555 ext 301
    www.blowbyracing.com
    [email protected]
    REAPER H/K Nitrous Systems for only $395
    #1 Source for Hellion, Procharger, and Nitrous Express products!

  17. #17
    Crazy SVT Poster Benchracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, Mo
    Posts
    558
    I just installed a McLeod RXT in my MT82 car. If I get a magnum XL, can I just buy the discs that match the splines for the magnum XL and still use my clutch?
    11.79@114mph with only MT ET streets and tune
    10.93@123 with sct strategy tune and nitrous.
    best 60'-1.55
    New set up-JPC turbo kit-1066rwhp/960rwtq-times coming soon

  18. #18
    Authorized Vendor Eric@jpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchracer View Post
    I just installed a McLeod RXT in my MT82 car. If I get a magnum XL, can I just buy the discs that match the splines for the magnum XL and still use my clutch?
    Yes i can get you the discs

    They are about 400 bucks

  19. #19
    SVT God D.T.R's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2011
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKET View Post
    Win!

    Order extra trans and ill find away to help you put all yours in.

    Hahaha

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@jpc View Post
    No a Tr6060 is not "better"

    The 6060 and the magnum are basically brother and sister.

    They share the same case and some internals but thats it.

    The Magnum is a direct shift and is a much cleaner shift than the 6060. The 6060 still uses a linkage setup like your MT82.

    Besides that the 6060 has been out since the GT500. the magnum came out a year ago so im not sure how the 6060 is "newer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve@BBR View Post
    Plus the TR6060 is not available to buy new anymore. Only will be able to get one used or reman now.


    The major reason the T56 Magnum XL is better.... no more linkage..
    Awesome info guys. I'm sold on the Magnum XL then

    What this person meant by "newer" is that the TR6060 was a newer and better trans than a regular T56 I'm guessing, not the Magnum XL.
    Last edited by D.T.R; 02-19-2013 at 11:20 AM.

  20. #20
    SVT God 95PGTTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@jpc View Post
    No a Tr6060 is not "better"

    The 6060 and the magnum are basically brother and sister.

    They share the same case and some internals but thats it.

    The Magnum is a direct shift and is a much cleaner shift than the 6060. The 6060 still uses a linkage setup like your MT82.

    Besides that the 6060 has been out since the GT500. the magnum came out a year ago so im not sure how the 6060 is "newer"
    I was down at Hanlon last year when the T56 Magnum first came out to pick up my T45 rebuild kit, and Bob told me it was essentially a TR6060 with direct shift inside a beefed up T56 case. Not trying to contradict you, this may have been the "quick and dirty" answer and not every nut and bolt.

    Is there an difference between the T56 Magnum and this XL or is that just sales terminology/branding?
    1998 CY Cobra coupe - nearly rusted to the jack stands

  21. #21
    Authorized Vendor Eric@jpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by 95PGTTech View Post
    I was down at Hanlon last year when the T56 Magnum first came out to pick up my T45 rebuild kit, and Bob told me it was essentially a TR6060 with direct shift inside a beefed up T56 case. Not trying to contradict you, this may have been the "quick and dirty" answer and not every nut and bolt.

    Is there an difference between the T56 Magnum and this XL or is that just sales terminology/branding?
    Yea like i said they are close but not totally the same

    The output is different
    The Rear Case is Different
    The Shift Selector is different

    they are not 100% identical nor are they 100% different.

    I can tell you this the Magnum shifts 100% better

  22. #22
    SVT God 95PGTTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@jpc View Post
    Yea like i said they are close but not totally the same

    The output is different
    The Rear Case is Different
    The Shift Selector is different

    they are not 100% identical nor are they 100% different.

    I can tell you this the Magnum shifts 100% better
    Thanks for the info.

  23. #23
    Authorized Vendor Eric@jpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by 95PGTTech View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    No problem man, If you have any other questions just ask!

    I just want to make sure im not misleading anyone here


  24. #24
    Rookie SVT Poster
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    40
    I know tremec says the trans is good to 700tq though I am guessing many of you are pushing more than that.

    How much power does this trans actually handle?

  25. #25
    Authorized Vendor Eric@jpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Location
    Beltsville, MD
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotTFO View Post
    I know tremec says the trans is good to 700tq though I am guessing many of you are pushing more than that.

    How much power does this trans actually handle?

    Well i can tell you our car makes over 1100 and its held up pretty good so far.

    We also installed one on a GT500 with a Whipple 4.0 E85 powered... He street races like every weekend and it has not broke yet either


Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •