clutch line upgrade JPC or FRPP?

will be replacing my clutch next week with a Mcleod RXT in my 07. looking to order a stainless clutch line. question is the ford racing line worth the $215 bucks or could i just go with the JPC upgraded line for $60?

2007 GT500
    2.59" pulley, FRPP intake, 170 thermostat, C&R heat exchanger, VMP tune, tockico d-spec's, steeda sport springs, steeda panhard bar, MGW shifter, Mcleod RXT, bob's lca, dynatech longtubes/3" x pipe, corsa axle back, nitto nt555r's

I'd check with Tousley and see what they could get that FRPP clutch line down to. I have the Joe Heck Racing braided clutch line and I'm happy with it, but I think the FRPP line would make for a cleaner install.

I had a JHR on my older 11 5.0. Looked good IMO and I was happy with it
    2012 White RedStripes GT500 @ 16psi
    -VMP TVS Dyno Tuned by VMP
    629/623 before 2.4 pulley
    2.4, Green Belt, JLT 127mm CF CAI, 90mm Idler, FRPP 80lb injectors, Kenne Bell BAP, Revan Racing H/E, Bobs Auto CF Separator, Stainless Works Longtubes, off-road X-pipe, axlebacks, Eibach Sportlines, BMR LCA, BMR relocation brackets...... NT05R 305/35/19

-2004 White Lightning
    Long Tubes, High flow cats, C&L inlet, MAC CAI, MAC 95mm MAF, 6lb lower pulley, Brenspeed Tune, ba2600 SCT Sensor, EGR delete, Home Ported Blower

Premium Member
    Went the FRPP route, not sure the major difference in the 2. I think its overpriced regardless.
    -----------current SVT's-----------
    14 SVT Tuxedo Black SE Raptor
    14 SVT OW GT500 SVT TP Recaros
    04 SVT OW TT Lightning quad whistle tips
    68 RoadRunner 505 CI MOPAR

-----------past SVT's---------------
    12 SVT Race Red Scab Raptor - sold
    08 SVT Ebony GT500 kenne bell'd - sold
    04 SVT Comp Orange Cobra Whippled 2.3- sold
    04 SVT Comp Orange Focus eap - deer gifter
    03 SVT Sonic Blue Cobra - sold
    03 SVT Sonic Blue Lightning - sold
    02 SVT Pitch Black Focus - sold

The FRPP line is definitely overpriced, and our JHR line kit does the same exact thing and is nearly a 1/4 of the price with free shipping. For $60 shipped, the JHR would be my choice. Another option for you is the McLeod line, it has a bleeder built into the elbow at the master cylinder, it's $112 shipped.

McLeod 05+ Mustang Clutch Line Upgrade - Clutch Line Upgrades - Transmission - 2011-2013 Mustang GT 5.0L

Muscular Stang Racing - Racing to cure Muscular Dystrophy.

went with the JPC line thanks for the help

Premium Member
    I used the McLeod line. It is a great product. They just went up to $72.85. Maybe cheaper at a McLeod dealer.

Important note: Don't waste your money on the bleeder elbow! It doubles the price and you can't get to it to open it enough to work properly. I have one if anyone wants it at 1/2 price.

The image of this line is here: http://www.mcleodracing.com/images_products/5485.jpg

2007 GT500 Ebony "Red Stripe", #69 of 169. Lots of stuff and things.
    60ft:1.49, 1/4:10.08@ 139.43 mph.
    10.28 Pass Video (LINK) - Thanks to Bill Wise @ BAP (LINK) - Thanks to Van @ Revan Racing (LINK) - Time Slip (LINK)

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTSVT? View Post
    Went the FRPP route, not sure the major difference in the 2. I think its overpriced regardless.
    Question for you, did your line look like the one pictured on the FRPP website? The reason I ask is, I just picked one up and it doesn't look anything at all like the FRPP picture. The bends are completely different.

Last edited by BCPD199; 11-24-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Rookie SVT Poster

clutch line

Quote Originally Posted by justablur91 View Post
    will be replacing my clutch next week with a Mcleod RXT in my 07. looking to order a stainless clutch line. question is the ford racing line worth the $215 bucks or could i just go with the JPC upgraded line for $60?
    How many miles did you get out of your stock clutch?

Thanks,
    Dan

had about 16k on my stocker. no issues just wanted to upgrade before i had one.

Rookie SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by justablur91 View Post
    had about 16k on my stocker. no issues just wanted to upgrade before i had one.
    Thanks! Its very interesting that when I purchased my 2008 a few weeks ago the thing I read most about was the clutch. I read dozens of stories about people having the TSB done because of stock clutch troubles and I checked mine (car has 10k miles on it) for all the signs of trouble before buying it and it had none.

Now that I have the car I read an equal number of stories where people are getting many miles out of the stock units.

Please let us know how your RXT goes- I have decided that if my clutch ever gives me trouble I will be changing to it and the heavy flywheel.

Best of luck!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by BCPD199 View Post
    Question for you, did your line look like the one pictured on the FRPP website? The reason I ask is, I just picked one up and it doesn't look anything at all like the FRPP picture. The bends are completely different.

looks like a nice peace. maybe the bends are setup for GT500 tranny since its bigger the the GT tranny

2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    132 of 314 Alloy Metallic

Shelby Dash Plaque,FRPP TVS Super power pack ,Drag Pack,SVT handling pack,FRPP Cobra Jet TB/MAF/80lb injectors,J&M UCA,LCA,Adj.PHB,SFC,PH A/D,O/R H, DynoMax 3in,CHE, Shelby Rad/HE,VMP 2.59,KB BAP,L&M plenum,BMR KMEMEBER,AED CUSTOM RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM.
    91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
    700HP/700TQ ON E85
    10.78 @ 129MPH 1.644 60FT

2014 Fiesta ST Green Envy Tricoat
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Crazy SVT Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by me32 View Post
    looks like a nice peace. maybe the bends are setup for GT500 tranny since its bigger the the GT tranny
    Problem is - it doesn't fit. It only comes out of the firewall a couple of inches before bending down and in towards the engine. To clear the brake booster, you need to rotate it down; but, you can't because then the long straight section hits the inner fender/sub chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by RedZR View Post
    Thanks! Its very interesting that when I purchased my 2008 a few weeks ago the thing I read most about was the clutch. I read dozens of stories about people having the TSB done because of stock clutch troubles and I checked mine (car has 10k miles on it) for all the signs of trouble before buying it and it had none.

Now that I have the car I read an equal number of stories where people are getting many miles out of the stock units.

Please let us know how your RXT goes- I have decided that if my clutch ever gives me trouble I will be changing to it and the heavy flywheel.

Best of luck!

Dan
    I put 53K miles on my stock clutch and that included 4-5 road track events per year. One day, it just went started slipping (had it on the track just a couple of days prior). Put the RXT w/fywheel - very happy with that. It is so light it does not compare to the heavy feel of the original (which I actually liked a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by BCPD199 View Post
    Problem is - it doesn't fit. It only comes out of the firewall a couple of inches before bending down and in towards the engine. To clear the brake booster, you need to rotate it down; but, you can't because then the long straight section hits the inner fender/sub chassis.
    Then maybe they sent you the wrong one. Did you contact frpp?