Michelin All Season Tires

I just got off the phone with Michelin and they said that the new Pilot Super A/S3 tires will be released in April. The good news is that they will be available in 265/40ZR19 & 285/35ZR20.
    2013 GT500 Coupe - HPW with Black Stripes - SVT PP - SVT TP - Redline Hood Struts - Yeager Bros Front Gravel Guards - Bob's Oil Separator -AirAid Blue Non-Oiled Air Filter - CarboTech 1521 Ceramic Brake Pads - Resonator Eliminator Kit - WeatherTech Floor Mats - Craig’s No Drill License Plate Bracket
    Car Ordered 5-27-2012 - Build Date 1-14-2013 - Delivered 1-26-2013

Crazy SVT Poster
    "The Pilot Sport A/S 3 features an aggressive and asymmetrical tread pattern, which bears some resemblance to the Pilot Super Sport, one of their high-end tires, and it also features their Variable Contact Patch 2.0 technology, which further aids with both traction and durability. The rubber compound itself, called Helio Compound, features high amounts of silica, which combined with Variable Thickness Sipes further aids both wet and dry traction."

Better, cheaper than the MPSS? Snoopy, are you going to run your GY's until you can put these on so we can get a '13 GT500 report on them?

I'm still running the GY's and I am thinking about going with the Michelin PSS's. Where I live we don't get any snow, but it does dip into the low 30's this time of year, so the GY's get a little squirrelly until they warm up. There seems to be a lot of members that are not as fortunate when it comes to weather, so I thought I would pass along the information I was given. If I haven't replaced my tire before the A/S 3's are released, I will take a good look at them and decide which way I want to go. As far as price, they will probably be more expensive than the PSS's.

I'm putting my Michelin PSS's on friday.

Im waiting for my dealer to let me know if they will replace the stock GYs for Michelins, the GYs were cracked on delivery. The weather in Vegas that day was colder than usual...in the 30s. Dealers first response was "didnt you read the manual, dont drive below 40F" I said you must be joking.

Crazy SVT Poster
    Would this be a better choice than a PSS if cooler weather was not a concern?

Quote Originally Posted by heatsoaked12 View Post
    Would this be a better choice than a PSS if cooler weather was not a concern?
    Generally they will be better for wet traction and will last longer. Dry Traction will not be as good.

Thanks for posting the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy49 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Michelin and they said that the new Pilot Super A/S3 tires will be released in April. The good news is that they will be available in 265/40ZR19 & 285/35ZR20.
    Thats great news! I went with the Toyo Proxes 4 plus all season tires for the 13 because Michelin Pilot Sport A/S didn't have the 285/35/20 for the rear. The 275 was noticably narrower. The Toyo 275 was the same width as the stock Goodyear 285..go figure. Pleased with the Toyo, but will definitely replace them with the new Michelins when they wear out. Glad to see Michelin will offer the 285/35/20 size. About time.

hmmm interesting...i guess i will wait until april to buy new shoes